It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time to put away "all" UFO Video Clips!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ok so lately I have seen untold videos cropping up from every concievable angle regarding UFO's and each time they get shot down in flames.

These videos are normally poorly shot, shaky and obscure footage of either lights, skydivers. lanterns or atmospheric events and the like... nothing out of the many videos i have seen this year alone on ATS have stood the debunking test of time.

To add to this i have recently seen some very convincing CGI videos that could , if not for their "awesomeness", easily pass as genuine footage.

I guess my point here is that given the abilities of CGI coupled with the amount of debunked UFO posts on ATS the days of posting UFO footage are over!!!

It really is pointless.

One way or the other it will be debunked and even if we see something totally convincing technology has made it so that we will never be able to differentiate between reality and a real UFO, making it impossible to equivocallly prove a genuine case.

Save an alien exiting a spaceship and performing an unphatomable miracle infront of the masses the world will no longer believe anything they see on posted videos.

At least i now feel so.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hey, what the heck, it gives UFO fanatics and debunkers something to do with their time.

Maybe it is time for the rest of us to stop looking at them.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I think if members would stop "believing" in the large number of obvious hoax videos, it would go a long way to getting the focus on the more unexplainable or not easily debunkable UFO videos.

The problem I see is that when a bad, obvious hoax is posted (one that comes to mind had a production company website address on it), some members REFUSE to believe its not real, even when confronted with evidence that it is an admitted hoax. They will keep insisting that debunkers will never believe anything, even when it is obviously a fraud.

An additional issue is some posters complete lack of knowledge when it comes to video production techniques, capabilities of available software, and how webcams and "live" feeds work in general. People trained in these skills easily can differentiate between "real" footage and a 2nd year Art School student's first attempt at CGI.

link   
While I strongly believe we are being visited by extraterrestrials I have to say you are right. I hardly ever see genuine videos anymore. Unless I see it on the news or the video is before the 90's, I wont even watch them anymore

link   
No one believed any of the footage to be extraterrestrial before the advent of CGI (at least no one sane) so CGI hasn't changed a thing. People aren't unconvinced because of CGI, they're unconvinced because the quality of the evidence is so poor as to make the whole subject utterly ridiculous.

link   
Actually, one of the best documented cases ever, that was caught on film and the UFO was tracked by ground RADAR. The film was shot be a professional camera crew. New Zealand 1979

www.ufocasebook.com...

The film itself? Professional camera man remember?

link   
I was thinking about this. IF there were a spectacular shot of an UFO, in focus, not shaky, up close - wouldn't TPTB have someone debunk it themselves as CGI instead of admitting the truth?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The day for looking at UFO videos and seriously discussing them are LONG past, far longer than desktop CGI. People need to remember, a good UFO video is going to be suppoted by a bunch of non-video evidence that pans out. More often than not, someone can determine a video's worth before even viewing it if they just use common sense, reason and logic.

So your thread here against the actual videos is a moot point. What you really are saying is the overwhelming ignorance combined with the complete lack of common sense, reason and logic are what makes the signal-to-noise ratio around here darn near impossible to deal with.
edit on 5-11-2010 by IgnoreTheFacts because: speilllllling

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by indianajoe77

Yep but who is to say what is true and not.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Yes there will always be "speculative" footage however anything worthy of noting will undoubtedly show up all over the world via MSM. (Yet to happen).

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by indianajoe77
I think if members would stop "believing" in the large number of obvious hoax videos, it would go a long way to getting the focus on the more unexplainable or not easily debunkable UFO videos.

The problem I see is that when a bad, obvious hoax is posted (one that comes to mind had a production company website address on it), some members REFUSE to believe its not real, even when confronted with evidence that it is an admitted hoax. They will keep insisting that debunkers will never believe anything, even when it is obviously a fraud.

An additional issue is some posters complete lack of knowledge when it comes to video production techniques, capabilities of available software, and how webcams and "live" feeds work in general. People trained in these skills easily can differentiate between "real" footage and a 2nd year Art School student's first attempt at CGI.

i agree with all this, another major problem that i see is simply in the labelling of you tube videos, if for example i went out and filmed a chinese lantern or a plane at night from an odd angle then all i have to do is label the video with the term "ufo" and many people will then just automatically believe its an alien spaceship and argue the hell over it, but if i labelled it exactly what it was then nobody would take any notice of it.

many people just dont understand the perspective problem of watching a 3d environment on a 2d plane which leads to allsorts of illusions add digital zoom and pixelation to the mix and many ordinary objects start to look like something they are not.

thanks

rich
edit on 5-11-2010 by RICH-ENGLAND because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nakiannunaki

I wouldn't hold my breath if i were you. Many of us had been waiting a good few years to be able to view a truly famous picture that was kept by the MOD here in Britain. Nick Pope even had a blow up of it over his desk during his tenure there. Come the release date for it.... Errr we've lost it...

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
All ufos videos should be shown.
the aliens might wanna comunicate thru youtube.

Its a possibility.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Naw i posted some very good daytime footage of a ufo over texas.It was shot by a tv cameraman with his gear.
The footage was shot down because it showed a very hazy image.
It was however stabilised and clear in what was depicted.
Still only complaints and no real duscussion developed.
The trouble is with the ufos themselves, they fly using a propulsion system that creates an effect as if ionised air bubble around them it would seem.
The chance of getting a clear every rivet photo of one in flight is very dim.
The fuzzy grainy shots are useless to be sure, but there is something to be learned from bona fide photos if we aproach it properly.
I think the public is done with these type of photos, and the next step is to lobby for disclosure because there is little more anyone can do privately.
We cannot expect that photography will bring the truth out.If it could, it has has already produced that proof.
(except nobody will believe it)
Several photographs have clearly shown what we are dealing with.
Mc Minville oregon,campbell River BC,and others have been undebunkable and never proven forgeries...to the contrary the person taking the pictures had not the skill to develope let alone hoax the photo.
Recently the photos of Billy Mier have been declared genuine by JPL(at least they could find no evidence of fakery....)
It is solid and undeniable proof that is hard to come by.Our goverments know that as long as they can withhold all of the solid evidence, our minds will not make the leap of logic that would convince ourselves that they are indeed here.....

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I'd like to meet the fool[s] making all these CGI UFO videos......

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

The sad thing is the majority of them are not foolish cgi hoaxers. The majority of the "youtube" superstars are completely ignorant video posters who honestly believe the planes and stuff they are filming are things that they are not. Then, the other problem is the legions of ignorant folks that give them an audience.

I'll take CGI hoaxers over your average "youtube" superstar ANYDAY.

edit on 5-11-2010 by IgnoreTheFacts because: forgot a word

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Nice thought, and quite intelligent - on par though surely with "Make up your own mind".

Sourcing and reporting shouldn't cease. Those taking the time to view these things should take it in moderation and not get all pent up over it.

No utterly undeniable proof doesn't mean no hope. I think you'll find the proof you need if you look into it with a bit of heart and a little less internet forum.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Every time someone uses the term UFO in reference to ETs the waters of science and reason are muddied, but it gets worse; every time someone uses the term UFO in reference to ETs anyone who takes an interest in unexplained phenomenon looks like a lunatic. UFO research will never be taken seriously as an investigative science because of the people who are fundamentally believers (this is why religions do so well) these people are looking for evidence of something that they already believe. I can probably find evidence of Jesus or Budda or the Lochness Monster if I believed it enough. While there is admittedly some weird stuff in the skies there is definately zero evidence suggesting it is ET in origin.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

I agree. That is part of my point. If and when something note worthy does show up it wont be concealed by the govt or by bad footage or by CGI. If something substantial is filmed there will be no questions. Besides, for all the good work Nick Pope has done he still hasn't openly disclosed..he is still playing cat and mouse with his reputation imho.
I won't hold my breath because i know i will not be clicking any more UFO posts on ATS for if it is what it is it will appear everywhere on TV, Radio and the Papers.

edit on 5-11-2010 by nakiannunaki because: Corrections

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

If you can't identify something it's unidentifiable - where does proof come into it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join