It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi is goneeee!!!!!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
so let me ask were you happy with the continuation of massive spending that noone was stopping?

The Republicans certainly made no intention of stopping it during the Bush administration. To date they have never held themselves accountable and do not have any intention to.

were you happy with the healthcare that you already had but the federal government just saw fit to add 30 million people to buy insurance with a gun pointed to their head and wallets?

Actually no, as I have stated time and time again. I think part of the healthcare bill such as prohibiting healthcare insurance companies from refusing people with pre-existing conditions especially children, was in the right direction, but not much else. I supported the public option along with other new laws to hold insurance companies accountable, I did not support this bill.

and for the past 2 years the republicans were actually acting like republicans

What are Republicans suppose to act like when they are out of power and in need for more votes? You think this kind of "small government" campaigning is new? I can take you back to 1993 when the Republicans campaigned then and even further back to the Reagan years. They used the same talk, and yet what result did we see time and time again? Fool me twice?

i am fighting for the limitation of the federal government as it clearly states in the us constitution. to keep power checked and limited and to restrain its interference into my own life.

And yet you voted in the Republicans.

but just to sit back and blame and rant

So essentially its two options for you. Either vote for the Republicans or "sit back and rant". Do you really think those are the only options? or is this just another excuse?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Oh man. Maybe there is a god.

I'm a liberal and I can't stand that woman. She is severely unfit for her position at best..

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Well, she's still in the house, we (democrats/liberals) still have Harry Reid and Obama...what exactly did you get out of the deal that has you so elated?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

reid cheated there is something not right in nevada

what did i get out of the deal?

pelosi's face will not be plastered all around the news and making idiotic statements like she has.

what did i get out of the deal?

we got another speaker of the house

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yeah, America has got a new Speaker of the House. But is John Boehner really that much better then Nancy Pelosi? I mean yes, she's a bumbling idiot, but Boehner is a 100% Pure Grade Corruption beef.... The man spends more time on the golf course then talking to his own constituents.....

Boehner is the guy riding the wave of the "Tea Party", chanting "Smaller Govt. Smaller Govt." as he decreases the regulation on Wall Street and the Banks so they can steal even more of your tax-payer money......YAHHH FREEDOM! FREEDOM TO STEAL OUT OF MY POCKET!!!! Go Boehner!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Replaced by a Boner.

I'm sorry, but I don't share your enthusiasm. I think you're nothing but a party-line troll.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Reid is still eons better than Sharron Angle (shudder).

Boner won't last long as speaker anyway.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

still trying to make the topic about me

like i said labels are a two way street

you denigrated boehner and me

seems to me there is a troll here but its not me

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Boner deserves criticism.

I guess the Republican idea of "change" is to put someone that's actually corrupt in power (in contrast to Pelosi, who people just hate for no reason).

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElijahWanYeah, America has a new president. But is Obama really that much better then Bush? I mean yes, he's a bumbling idiot, but Democrats and the union cronies are 100% Pure Grade Corruption beef.... The man spends more time on the golf course and galavanting around on the taxpayer's dime, just like Pelosi and her publicy funded 757, then talking to his own constituents.....

Obama is the guy riding the wave of "change you can count on" chanting "Smaller Govt. Smaller Govt." as he cow tows along with the Democrats in Congress to Wall Street and the Banks and the healthcare industry so they can steal even more of your tax-payer money......YAHHH FREEDOM! FREEDOM TO STEAL OUT OF MY POCKET!!!! Go Democrats!!

Fixed it for you.

edit on 11/3/2010 by abecedarian because: the truth shouldn't hurt.

edit on 11/3/2010 by abecedarian because: and I'm not sure why Democrats are so condescending and dense.

edit on 11/3/2010 by abecedarian because: not even sure why they think they're "Democratic"... history shows they are anything but.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil
So when can we expect everything to be perfect in America?

12 months after the Revolting Revolution
by the people and after the FED and Fractional
Banking is gone and the Constitution is restored.
give or take 20 years

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
What we don’t understand is that people usually get the leaders they deserve

When we uplift our mentality, our wisdom, our intelligence, and shun ignorance, prejudice, and selfishness, I think we may get better politicians

They are from us . . . remember that they are not from another planet .. .at least I dont think they are
I put it a little more bluntly then you do.If you have ignorant,stupid,selfish people you will have ignorant, stupid,selfish leaders.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
www.latimes.com...

Nancy Pelosi keeps her seat, if not her gavel
The House Speaker wins easy reelection, but her party is now the chamber's minority. Nancy Pelosi was a prominent and polarizing figure in House races nationwide

Seems the witch is not dead. Yet. Maybe she only looks dead, or that's how she's supposed to look with formaldehyde.

The sheeple have voted for more of the same. Reid and Pelosi, the destroyers of the nation and the economy, remain to do even more damage.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
God, was anyone alive during the Bush administration? All of you who are rejoicing because the republicans have some power again are just as stupid as the people who believed Obama and the dems would change things. What real difference has there been between the dems and republicans in the last 20 years? The things that matter never change. I won't begin to get my hopes up until the only parties in power are the libertarian party and the constitutionalists party.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by time91
God, was anyone alive during the Bush administration? All of you who are rejoicing because the republicans have some power again are just as stupid as the people who believed Obama and the dems would change things. What real difference has there been between the dems and republicans in the last 20 years? The things that matter never change. I won't begin to get my hopes up until the only parties in power are the libertarian party and the constitutionalists party.

With all due respect, you must've been either too young or were sleeping through the 90's when Clinton was trying to run things.

The Republicans stopped "Hillarycare" when it was pushed under Clinton. After the Democrats gained control of the Congress towards the end of Bush Jr's reign, they avoided the issue of universal healthcare until it was evident that Bush and the republicans were leaving office and a Democrat won the presidency thus guaranteeing it would pass.

Anyhow, I'm with you 'hoping' things will really change this time around.

edit on 11/3/2010 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
How bad is Pelosi? How out of touch with reality?

She thinks unemployment checks are one of the biggest economic stimulus and a bonafide job creator!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
So long Nancy.......and good riddance

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Prediction:

In two years time we will all still be just as pissed off and we will have even less civil rights, since the trend so far has been:

Elect republicans.
- Terror terror terror terror terror terror terror
- Patriot Act
- Warrantless wiretaps
- Eliminate personal freedoms, but increase Corporate freedoms

GET REAL PISSED OFF, elect liberal democrats

- Renew patriot act IMMEDIATELY and QUIETLY
- Continue Warrentless wiretaps
- Tack on "the right of the president to assassinate us citizens at will"
- GPS tracking citizens without warrants
- Cell Phone data without warrants.
- Internet Off Switch
- RIAA appeasement
- Continue eliminating personal Freedoms

GET REAL PISSED OFF!!!
(now we're here)
- Don't talk about already renewed patriot act, keep it under the rug.
- Don't talk about already occurring warrantless wiretaps, keep it under the rug.
- Don't talk about right of FBI/Police to GPS you and me without a warrant.
- Don't talk about Cell phone data tracking.
- Continue eliminating personal freedoms.

I can't wait to see what's next. My guess, making it so we can't view wikileaks.

Seems like it's a trick, we vote in the other guy thinking he'll help us, but he's just made to look like the "other guy" by the same people so that they can continue raping our rights.
edit on 3-11-2010 by sremmos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Oh and I almost forgot (this is important):

TERROR TERROR TERROR TERROR TERROR TERROR TERROR TERROR TERROR TERROR TERROR TERROR TERROR

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Its not the house thats more important...the SENATE is!! Just saying...dont everybody flame me...they are both important, but our founding fathers never exactly trusted the people....so thats why theres the senate...nice to see a "change" finally...this is a good start though

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join