It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me, or have others noticed a seeming increase in sink holes...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
While looking at the news the last couple of days, I noticed two seperate articles about two seperate sink holes. On the web page (the BBC) each story linked you to another along the same vein. I still don't know how to put in links so if someone else does please feel free. These are just a few I discovered (with the news title) from this year.

June 2nd - 'Giant sink hole opens in Guatamala city during storm'
June 16th - 'Huge 80m hole opens in Chinese playground'
Aug 25th - 'Mysterious hole defeats engineers' (Norwich, UK)
Oct 31st - '(40m) sinkhole appears in German housing estate'

Of course I understand that it's likely 'one of those things' that happens but there just seemed quite a few all of a sudden.
Thoughts? Explanations?
edit on 2-11-2010 by 5senses because: added place

edit on 2-11-2010 by 5senses because: same

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 5senses

On top of the global earthquake at the same time we had today and the volcanic activity. Somethin is going to happen soon. There is alot of pressure underneath...keep us updated on them! By the way i know they happen all the time but these are huge and more frequent then normal.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Of course others are noticing. Someone started a thread, as I was writing mine, about the one in Germany! Sorry I can't link but you'll find it.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
the sinkhole phenomena is something that interests me, and I am inclined to believe that it isn't a fluke.

Something else that has been happening that I have noticed in the PacificNW and SW is raised sidewalks, where two flat cement pieces of the sidewalk come up from their foundation to form a triangle house type shape. Whatever is causing the sidewalks to come up like that, it must be a quick and power event, like a mini tremor, because the pieces do not break, they simply fold up on eachother as if being squeezed together.

anybody else noticed any strange things like raised sidewalks or tiny sinkholes in your area?
edit on 2-11-2010 by leira7 because: add question

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

So where does the earth go that's been left behind, as it were? Might that seismic movement create sink holes; a 'non' space?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The increase of all this activity, between seismic, volcanoes, and sinkholes, you have to wonder if there is indeed a planet X / brown dwarf star / Nibiru or whatever that is just now approaching Earth closely enough to slightly effect the local gravitation, thus causing extra stress to the planet.

I always thought that this system did exist in some manner, due to the overwhelming ancient historical documentation, but I had not subscribed to it necessarily being in an orbit with our solar system or that it would necessarily be returning. The increased geo-phenomena have me raising an eyebrow though.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Maybe the silver surfer is flying around making them

But seriously it is strange, and to make it worse the webbot predicted sinkholes in an earlier report.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I have been monitoring the situation as well.

Sinkholes have been happening for years, but it does seem like there have been a ton of them popping up all over the world as of late.

Reminds me of that 2012 movie when they were seeing them all over CA right before that large earthquake destroyed southern CA and Yellowstone erupted. In this case let's hope it was just a 'fictional' movie and nothing more...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I'm not really sure there is an increase in sinkholes. Perhaps, now that we have global news agencies, they are just reporting on them more. Think about all the news we never heard about back in the old days of the 80s. Think about how much happier we were back then in our ignorance.

top topics

join