It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm here because of my "dead" uncle.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by C64Warrior
Looks more and more interesting.

When we assume that he is in a basecamp on the moon, it was probably easy for him to send an email attaching the pictures from surveillance cameras.

Originally posted by FrodoBaggins
Well, why would we assume that? What makes you think he is on, or ever was on the moon?

Well you can see in one of the picture a big bright star, next to it a smaller planet and some textures on it. It looks like Earth and Sun to me. From the size of the earth, it could be taken from the moon? Maybe this could be precisely compared with other (Nasa) pictures?

Originally posted by Kaifan
Then what happened? she kept hope and then when he shows up again she doesn't care?

Originally posted by FrodoBaggins
I didn't say she doesn't care. look, it's weird. I'm startign to not know what my Aunt feels about this. She was almost irritated, it seemed. She thought I was just taking her out to eat, but then I started asking her all these questions. i didn't want to push my luck. To be honest, I don't think she believes the email is legit. In fact, I'm not sure if she even believes I got an email.

Well everybody should consider, that in the past years the aunt must have suffered of the loss a lot. Maybe no too long ago, her life returned back to normal and suddenly the nephew warms up the whole story again... Certainly she has difficulties to believe and certainly she don't want to have old wounds opened again by an obscure email...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Game's up Brandon. Entertaining thread though.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Horza

So youre thanking OP for hoaxing people on ATS?
I dont like seeing posters attempting to hoax other posters on ATS.
Thankfully there are lots of intelligent posters on ATS, that can usually get to the bottom of threads like this.

Cheers
edit on 2-11-2010 by FoxMulder91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo-Dark

yes the data in the image would show the software last used to modify the image. Vue exports in various image formats but spits out sharp renders. A quick trip to photoshop CS to take away the colour and add some gausian blur in a rough attempt to hide that characeristic Vue look, thats what we've got here.
edit on 2-11-2010 by tonyJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
positioning of the letterhead is wrong

below is from page 121 of NASA Correspondence Management and Communications
Standards and Style

NASA Procedural Requirements NPR 1450.10D
COMPLIANCE IS MANDATORY Effective Date: March 24, 2006
Expiration Date: March 24, 2011

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf193346b609.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xadaz
do some digging/key words on his email [email protected]
seems like just a bored anime kid to me

infact to me, it seems baed on these
cyclone999.wordpress.com...
that you are not daniel, but david richmond himself, and just writing from the perspective of your non-existant nephew
edit on 2-11-2010 by Xadaz because: (no reason given)

This makes a lot of sense. A hacker kid with a neat idea to play with ATS goers. Whatever it is it is fun.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Kinda sucks that i just read through 12 pages (genuinely read them too) just to find out this was an elaborate hoax. I was really hoping this was real deal stuff. Damn kids

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I pity the OP, after not purposely revealing his identity and personal details just to seek for help, he is now ridiculed and accused. I've been visiting this forum since 2006 and since July this year I think if I remember, Ive been really active viewing ATS multiple times a day. And I never read a thread like this that got my attention to sign up and post a reply. And take note, I really read every pages and post for the first time from this thread. And I'm stunned, many ATS's keep posting replies, without even reading other post, so they just jump into conclusions and posting replies just by viewing the title of the thread. And most of this people are the so called VETERANS.
I believe the OP, so I'm gonna be really disappointed if this is a hoax perpetrated by the OP.

best wishes to all.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Because an organization such as NASA will have people on their payroll that deal with the writing. This guy would not have just shot off a letter, especially one like this, without it having been edited and possibly rewritten by the person or people they pay to make their correspondence look professional.

No one is saying that a scientist has to have perfect grammar. The tech writers should though.

And as for you attacking us for our less than stellar examples of grammar, give me a break. We are not the ones trying to pass off garbage as legitimate. If you haven't noticed, this is an online forum and people are human and make mistakes. I'm not trying to get a job from any of you so I'm not about to scrutinize my own writing here like I would if it actually mattered. We are not attacking the OP's grammar. We are attacking the grammar and style used in the supposed official letter which goes well beyond simple typos.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Absolutely do not post any personal information on this site.

It is against the T&C for ATS

If the OP is really serious about all this, he can contact Mark Springer one of the owners. Mark has worked with people in the past and will not divulge any personal information.

Originally posted by virraszto

I agree. I don't think it's fair for people to post his personal info. Whether he's being hoaxed or he's doing the hoaxing, his personal info shouldn't be posted.

Well said. I am trying to get up to speed on this thread. Page 8 so far and counting, but I had to stop and echo the above. To be brutally honest, I am shocked some of this was allowed to go on for as long as it has.

As I read this thread I was mortified to see the OP's info get posted. He made a mistake and did not get all his info covered, and for that mistake people happily reposted it time and time again. For one, we dont know who all reads these threads. For all we know some serial killer some place just found himself a new target. Beyond that, just stop and think about the implications. Granted many here believe this to be a hoax (at least up to page 8) but what if there is some one out there with real information? How turned off do you think that person is now thinking he may have to fear his personal info being posted for all to see?

It is disappointing to see this. I really thought the membership here would be much smarter than this. Guess I was wrong.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tonyJ

Tony,
I believe you have found an missing piece to this puzzle here, while I'm not entirely sure how you came to deduce that... but you are right regarding the Op's pic and your Vue render, the earth is exactly the same. All that was needed was a little rotate and a tad of + scale in the photo chopper to prove it to me.

Good job mate!

----------------------------------------

Now, based on the info coming to light at the moment... there are only 2 possibilities.
The Op is pulling us.
Someone is Pulling the Op.
So, which is it?

It was an interesting read while it developed though, I will say that.
On that note, the only thing that comes to my mind is.....

"Good detective work guys!"
(aside from posting personal privacy stuffs)
Regards,
T-

edit on 10/11/2 by telemetry because: I had to add the thing about privacy, since it was well stated in the above post.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Maybe ATS should have an age restriction among it's members. Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FrodoBaggins

If you download the photos, you'll see they were created in adobe photoshop on November 1, 2010 at 2:37pm. Why does your dead uncle need to photoshop his space pictures? Nice try. Can we move this thread to hoax and ban the OP please?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I can't believe this is still the main topic. A completely useless thread. We need more important things to talk about...talk about beating a dead horse in here.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Looks just like the lens flare filter in Photoshop.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by telemetry
reply to post by tonyJ

Tony,
I believe you have found an missing piece to this puzzle here, while I'm not entirely sure how you came to deduce that... but you are right regarding the Op's pic and your Vue render, the earth is exactly the same. All that was needed was a little rotate and a tad of + scale in the photo chopper to prove it to me.

Good job mate!

----------------------------------------

Now, based on the info coming to light at the moment... there are only 2 possibilities.
The Op is pulling us.
So, which is it?

It was an interesting read while it developed though, I will say that.
On that note, the only thing that comes to my mind is.....

"Good sleuthin' guys!"
Regards,
T-

The Op is pulling us.
So, which is it?

I would say its someone or some group and which i believe they might have some ties with a criminal network, its a new way for criminals or someone who wants money from you or family.

So i doubt the op had that kind of the skills to do that kind of photo shopping.
I have to admit this thread was entertaining.

To OP i am sorry if you had been hoaxed be careful next time not to jump into conclusions.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Just to clear this up, It has now been shown the OP sent the original email...because the header information led us to their YouTube account, and the YouTube account also shows us the OP uses Vue (some sort of CGI software apparently). And before any of this, I showed that the second set of images supposedly containing the real EXIF data (posted on page 6) were shopped in CS2. So I think it's pretty clear the OP is the hoaxer here. What I find truly amazing about all this, is that the OP would go to all this trouble, but then so recklessly post information that would quickly prove them to be the hoaxer.

edit on 2-11-2010 by Neo-Dark because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Originally posted by Xadaz
do some digging/key words on his email [email protected]
seems like just a bored anime kid to me

infact to me, it seems baed on these
that you are not daniel, but david richmond himself, and just writing from the perspective of your non-existant nephew

come on people check out the links above!this is the OPs site for him and his schoolmates-'i'm a hacker 7 i'll spam you'.leave a repliy using his email address-his username is greysideofcp.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

So i doubt the op had that kind of the skills to do that kind of photo shopping.

To OP i am sorry if you had been hoaxed be careful next time not to jump into conclusions.

Eengh, wrong answer.

www.dreamviews.com...

OP is 14 btw
edit on 2-11-2010 by Xadaz because:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zefflin
I can't believe this is still the main topic. A completely useless thread. We need more important things to talk about...talk about beating a dead horse in here.

Well, the night shift has to be useful somewhere right?
Just be glad this isn't 20 pages deep yet. These things are known here to just go on and on.

With that, I'll say it.......
Sorry to hear about your loss, Op.
Thanks for sharing.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join