It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm here because of my "dead" uncle.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Xadaz

How exactly do you know that's the OP's YouTube account? And the video is blank BTW.

EDIT: We know the picture was recently edited in CS2, (modified yesterday),and it also seems like the basic EXIF data was intentionally edited to hide that fact. So the OP is either a victim of a hoax, or is pulling a hoax. I honestly think he may be the victim of a hoax.

EDIT: The thing I don't get though. Is that initial letter from NASA even real? If not, the OP is the one doing the hoaxing. If it is real, and his uncle really did die in some secret experiment, there are still questions that need answers.

edit on 2-11-2010 by Neo-Dark because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FrodoBaggins

Notice in the header bang-path:

Received: from [98.139.91.64] by fr17.dispose23-3hq.secure.mail.delta.dispose.delta.net with NNFMP; 02 Nov 2010 04:23:33 -0000

... (and further down) ...

DomainKey-Signature:a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws;
s=s1024; d=delta.com;

Then in the email it says...

Please watch out for DeltaCOm. They're no good,

It's pretty obvious that this is a prank of some sort.
edit on 2-11-2010 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Neo-Dark
reply to post by Xadaz

How exactly do you know that's the OP's YouTube account? And the video is blank BTW.

EDIT: We know the picture was recently edited in CS2, (modified yesterday),and it also seems like the basic EXIF data was intentionally edited to hide that fact. So the OP is either a victim of a hoax, or is pulling a hoax. I honestly think he may be the victim of a hoax.

Read the headers from the email on the last page.

link   
I just don't understand why Nasa would send a letter to this mans nephew and then make reference to his"uncle". To me it screams illegitimate but that's just my personal instincts.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I have to wonder about those critics of this letter from NASA. How many of you have received such letters? Why do you all think there's anything suspect about the grammar? Why do you think an engineer is going to be a grammar nazi? Please, stick to the important stuff here and stop trying to debunk via irrelevant points.

As some of you probably know, I worked for the British MoD for quite a while. I have seen letters from Ministers, from Ambassadors, from top mil brass, and from your average civil servant. None has ever had flawless grammar, none has had perfect spelling -- unless the author was an English major, and even then you'll find the odd split infinitive because it's just easier for the average joe to read.

I believe the OP because I choose to. If he's contrived the whole thing, and I don't for one moment think he has, he's giving us a thing or two to think about so a bit more civility/curiosity and less attack would be greatly appreciated.

And fyi, to those of you who criticize, please be sure your grammar and orthography are in order before you call others "amateurs", etc. You only point the finger at yourself otherwise. Hold yourselves to the same standard you demand of the OP and the source.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
HA HA, you suck at life OP you greedy attention getter, at least we know not to pay any attention to your posts from now on! thanks for making yourself obvious to people who know how to photo shop and look for that kinda stuff

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

This looks like a hoax. I'd like to see a scanned image of the letter from NASA and a screen shot of the email.

Doesn't feel congruent at all, sorry. Need a lot more.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Xadaz

Banged to rights I'd say.
Vue D Esprit is a 3d modelling package used to create landscapes. You can render 2d images and even animate. It has tools for building skies, clouds, trees and mountains etc. Also a button for planets as we can see in the OP's 'photo.'
Sadly earlier versions of this software have a characaristic look to the rendered scenes, in the new pro versions a skilled user can create animated environments hard to distinguish from reality. I think the OP is using maybe Vue version 4. It's quite literally childs play to create the 'photos' the OP posted, a five minute job, someone mentioned maybe that NASA had hoaxed the pics. ...no, in a word. Theyre just basic beginner inept 3d renderings.

link   
reply to post by Xadaz

Ok, so the OP is most likely the hoaxer. And who is David Richmond? Is that the Uncle? That's the person the email supposedly came from.

reply to post by tonyJ

I think the OP is using maybe Vue version

The EXIF data shows Photoshop CS2, but that photo's could have had the finishing touches done in Photoshop.

reply to post by Roid_Rage27

Unbelievable story + Registration date: yesterday.

BS meter about to blow!

What are the chances someone who is a regular member here will have something truly whacked out like this happen to them? Your logic is flawed, new members are the most likely to have real information.

link   
Why would NASA send out a letter to your family, if your uncle was doing some sort of top secret experiment..?

If something went wrong, I highly doubt they would send you a letter informing you of this.

NASA or whoever was truly behind the experiment likely wouldnt say anything on the matter.

Cheers
edit on 2-11-2010 by FoxMulder91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxMulder91
nm
edit on 2-11-2010 by FoxMulder91 because: (no reason given)

Maybe you better go back and read...he has responded several times.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
OP is David Richmond, using a fake name.

OP is registered on quite a few different 3d modelling sites as 'noogah' compare his email (noogahpenguin@yahoo/gmail.com).

Fun playing with you OP, better luck next time.
edit on 2-11-2010 by Xadaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Anime kid you say? Hmmm makes me think of this

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tonyJ

Also I don't believe Horizons generally disappear...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b79812914f54.jpg[/atsimg]

Proving your CGI theory.

link   
These threads are one of the reason why I love ATS.

Pure entertainment for 30 mins or so at the end of my working day while I read through the posts, letting the fantasy wash over me.

Thanks OP.

link   
positioning of the letterhead is wrong
below is from page 121 of NASA Correspondence Management and Communications
Standards and Style

NASA Procedural Requirements NPR 1450.10D
COMPLIANCE IS MANDATORY Effective Date: March 24, 2006
Expiration Date: March 24, 2011

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf193346b609.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 2-11-2010 by CitizenNum287119327 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-11-2010 by CitizenNum287119327 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Boomer1941

haha yea, I checked on that right after I posted and changed my post

Either way, I doubt that NASA would send a letter like this out to the family wouldnt go to the police or a mainstream media source.

Cheers

link   

Originally posted by WakeUpAndC

Well he had to log into his email account to send it. Most email providers have a way to see what the last 10 IP's where. IP is the computer address in short. So if you get the IP that he used to login then through it into Wolf Ram Alpha you can find the address to it. Any other questions just let me know.

Find out his password and login. At the bottom of the gmail page click details by avticity and BAM u get his IP. If you need help let us know..
edit on 1-11-2010 by WakeUpAndC because: Just saw u said its Gmail.

Ok so this is completely not accurate. Mail providers do not track the last 10 IPs and you wont get his actual IP If it was a gmail account that sent the mail. If in your mail program you view the properties of the email, you should see something referred to as "internet headers". This is the debugging information that ISP's use to find out why mail did what it did when something goes wrong. If it was gmail you won't get the final point as google strips this out as a "privacy" issue. However you may be able to see where the mail routed from.

Now google may show you the last logged in IP if you actually log into his account as him, but if you could do that then you would probably already know where he was.

If you can copy the email headers to us, we may be able to give you more info.

..Ex

link   

Originally posted by Neo-Dark
reply to post by Xadaz

EDIT: The thing I don't get though. Is that initial letter from NASA even real? If not, the OP is the one doing the hoaxing. If it is real, and his uncle really did die in some secret experiment, there are still questions that need answers.

Agreed i have used photoshop before and i got say if these photos were faked a job well done to hoaxer or hoaxers
I doubt OP is pulling the hoax and second line^

oops sorry about that Neo dark

Well it looks like OP its a hoax and someone hoaxed you through the email, if i had to guess maybe criminal elements might be involved in the letter.

For some reason only now these photos scream photoshop and as for detlacom
www.deltacom.com...
edit on 2-11-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join