It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm here because of my "dead" uncle.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
This thread so far

1. A ammeter written letter written by NASA with unprofessional verbatim signed by a suspicious forged signature. Said letter sent to NON immediate family member. NASA handles the incident as a common occurrence business as usual kind of thing. Uncle does not have anything besides a love you to relay to own wife. Aunt handles it like it is not a big deal.

2. 2 photos doctored by Photoshop software. The original data altered exif data. The idea is a wheres waldo in the photo riddle by uncle?

3. 2010 a space odyssey story line and a "those NASA guys are "bad news" message as if he is on the run in space? Of course in every story line you have to have some villains or it wont work.

Aghhhhh could it be any more obvious? This GREY AREA has become a choose your own adventure book with a vague John Titor from 2036 twist.

edit on 2-11-2010 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
As for his writing being atrocious- as an ex-executive secretary for senior presidents and vips at several fortune 500 companies- i can attest that alot of the people in those positions are morons. Literally. Whether its lacking common sense or just how to write a paragraph correctly. It amazes me how these kinds of people get so far in their career.

If this were black-ops there is no way that they would have a secretary write the standard "dear john" letter. He would of written it personally and signed it personally which could be the reason why the signature on the Nasa letter is different style than the Nasa letter on the Nasa website. Because he physically signed the one that the OP has.

So- OP. What does your signature on your letter look like? Computer generated or hand signed?
edit on 1-11-2010 by xynephadyn because: (no reason given)

You get a Big Ditto from me!

I've known academics and scholars who are challenged to write their own damn name. I had to show one guy how to configure his email to check spelling before it was sent. I had to put another guy onto 'ieSpell' because he was making an ass out himself with his poor spelling in some forums, both of these guys are PhD's. Then there's my son who is considered by his peers a brilliant engineer (not bragging here because the little sh*t has an inflated ego), he sends me an email that looks like some mentally challenged idiot wrote it, I sent it back to him asking him if it was a cypher or code it was such a mess. He said he forgot to run it thru his spellchecker, he say it's easier to type 80-90 wpm and then spellcheck it, he says screw the grammar as long as they get the idea...lol So anyway, never sit in judgment on a persons poor grammar and spelling because the guy might have a Real Brain after all...lol

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by General.Lee
reply to post by FrodoBaggins

Even web-based email has an IP associated with it. Not just the generic IP of the host (google) but an IP address that can be traced to within a few miles. I've traced Hotmail's using the header info, from Jacksonville, FL to Phoenix, AZ. Web based email actually uses the client's (sender) IP address the same as POP3 client email.

For Gmail:

Open the message you'd like to view headers for.
Click the down arrow next to Reply, at the top-right of the message pane.
Select Show original.
The full headers will appear in a new window.

Cut and paste the contents of the resulting, cryptic window, here for review.

Alright, I did, and here's what I got:

Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: by 10.142.47.10 with SMTP id u10cs63719wfu;
Mon, 1 Nov 2010 21:23:35 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.100.111.11 with SMTP id d52mr380524anc.268.12882718153430;
Mon, 01 Nov 2010 21:23:35 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path:
Received: from dispose23-3hq.secure.mail.delta.dispose.delta.net (dispose23-3hq.secure.mail.delta.dispose.delta.net [0])
by mx.google.com with SMTP id c18si6957209ana.154.2010.11.01.21.23.33;
Mon, 01 Nov 2010 21:23:34 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of [email protected] designates 0 as permitted sender) client-ip=0;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of [email protected] designates 0 as permitted sender) [email protected]; dkim=pass (test mode) [email protected]
Received: from [98.139.91.64] by fr17.dispose23-3hq.secure.mail.delta.dispose.delta.net with NNFMP; 02 Nov 2010 04:23:33 -0000
Received: from [98.139.91.52] by ft4.dispose23-3hq.secure.mail.delta.dispose.delta.net with NNFMP; 02 Nov 2010 04:23:33 -0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp1052.secure.mail.delta.dispose.delta.net with NNFMP; 02 Nov 2010 04:23:33 -0000
X-delta-Newman-Property: deltamail-3
X-delta-Newman-Id: 251452.88340.dispose23-3hq.secure.mail.delta.dispose.delta.net
Received: (qmail 10542 invoked by uid 60001); 2 Nov 2010 04:23:33 -0000
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=delta.com; s=s1024; t=1288671813; bh=lYJUxhG6i81kMkOhPkwu0PIw4QDf1ddlGoRIPHNNPJc=; h=Message-ID:X-deltamail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer
ate:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=f7WjEtYwktuV8b9o3xYPAxzHzYZk4HzTKHdAv6EK1lMxoNtENCW/oH6tjZPiO3nv0/akGP9I/yRmkVW1Ihk2r8lllFJzqsrbRZX/9WsS3VlmLhDN7+aoHJ5grk4KFaQQ6kVvAkL3s25ercXWldK0 RlRTTvu7Qu1JIkJCsJaXT/8=
DomainKey-Signature:a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws;
s=s1024; d=delta.com;
h=Message-ID:X-deltamail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer
ate:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type;
b=CLb4F7+wkcyP2Qrud+i319EtX/oZYcGqyItbpLnOa0nYT5jepFFr4LMPwGpf8/ToSCujZGoXGCEPcR9M20WYQlAU0XFXB7g7eBc7hvuI0FcjcIeVs8jHrwu/M7JqaoRR+j6rQjgKca9sFLyd09My imXf8zKR7P1ph/i0B9aAsNw=;
Message-ID:
X-deltamail-OSG: JmOf6MgVM1kN1ZWi5ZWXPUzem_ePlXPz1l93ib6Vq_Hbu1W
ZeBfojG70Ev1x9_rTORQ.c8Yi1Uuz5l5ojQIyxRFhYbV4Y_PzrYgooWa.scC
y_VcbroKYeoaXTNEy8iAfpdfybLh56fvgi8.kCTRY4h9qJ1_3nVVxB1fncCN
_CwwPpC5GBsenguGQZ8jeOI52p8h9FalrfsACzepk6F3RbqCTuCDP_FuL5So
K49k-
Received: from [67.177.162.236] by dispose23-3hq.secure.mail.delta.dispose.delta.net via HTTP; Mon, 01 Nov 2010 21:23:33 PDT
X-Mailer: deltadisposablemail/11.4.9 deltaMailWebService/0.8.107.284920
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 21:23:33 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Hello nephew
To: [email protected]
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-1923848739-1288671813=:98968"

--0-1923848739-1288671813=:98968
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

Daniel, it's your uncle. I know this will shock you, but an accident
hapened but I'm fine now. They don't know where i am. noone does, and i
wish I could tell you where i am, but i'm not sure either. In any case, i
have some pictures. Please watch out for DeltaCOm. They're no good,
and
they want to take over the world.

I love you, and I love your aunt. Please tell her. i hope everything will be okay

--0-1923848739-1288671813=:98968
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii

cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" >> valign="top" style="font: inherit;">Daniel, it's your uncle. I know this will shock you, but an accident
hapened but I'm fine now. They don't know where i am. noone does, and i
wish I could tell you where i am, but i'm not sure either. In any case, i
have some pictures. Please watch out for DeltaCOm. They're no good,
and
they want to take over the world.

I love you, and I love your aunt. Please tell her. i hope everything will be okay

--0-1923848739-1288671813=:98968--

Originally posted by C64Warrior
Looks more and more interesting.

When we assume that he is in a basecamp on the moon, it was probably easy for him to send an email attaching the pictures from surveillance cameras.

Well, why would we assume that? What makes you think he is on, or ever was on the moon?

Originally posted by ArriusOP, the NASA letter mentioned that your aunt was notified of this, as well as a few other close family members. Can you present the NASA letter she/others was/were sent? Was she contacted by NASA via an e-mail as well, or regular mail?

First, no. I can't present them, because I never asked for them. It's their mail you know, and it's such a sensitive issue.

Originally posted by Arrius OP, this is not to say you're a fraud, but this letter can be, and I imagine you'd want to get to the bottom of this as well.

Oh yes. If this letter is a fraud, I want to know it. Though, I kind of hope it is not.

Originally posted by onehuman
While everyone else is trying to figure out if this is a hoax or not, Im wondering if we aren't missing a big pat of the picture here, ie., the photos themselves, if this were to be true. Is there something there we should be looking at? Any anomalies? Something out of place perhaps? What is that disc shape thing in the second photo?

I've wondered the same things. I don't know about the disk shaped object, but everytime I see it, I get this eerie feeling it means something. Of course, this whole thing makes me feel eerie.

I don't know why my Uncle would send them to me otherwise. Maybe something's written on it?

Originally posted by xynephadynSo- OP. What does your signature on your letter look like? Computer generated or hand signed?
edit on 1-11-2010 by xynephadyn because: (no reason given)

Um, how can you tell? it looks like any other signature I've seen. Is there some process or experiment I need to do?

Everyone must understand. When I first got the letter four years ago, I was not thinking "Could this letter be a fraud?"

I was thinking about how horrible it was that my uncle was dead/gone.

Originally posted by chaeone86

I demand, from now on, that all scams perpetrated upon this site at least measure up to some amount of technical difficulty, historically accurate complexity, at least some high degree of wit, not this garbage.

Once again, the letter could be fake, but if so, I'm not the one faking it.

Originally posted by Alxandro
There's a good chance that may not be your uncle emailing you.
If your uncle emails you again and asks you to do something for him, don't do it.
It may be a trap and they may be trying to lure you out to get what they are looking for.

Thanks for the tip. I'll be on alert.

Originally posted by KaifanThen what happened? she kept hope and then when he shows up again she doesn't care?

I didn't say she doesn't care. look, it's weird. I'm startign to not know what my Aunt feels about this. She was almost irritated, it seemed. She thought I was just taking her out to eat, but then I started asking her all these questions. i didn't want to push my luck. To be honest, I don't think she believes the email is legit. In fact, I'm not sure if she even believes I got an email.

Originally posted by KaifanYou say that he was like a father to you, but if that's so, why he sounds so distant?

I don't know. Four years of being dead, and I think some introduction is in order. You wouldn't expect him to just email me like we just spoke yesterday, and it doesn't sound like he's in the greatest situation there (where there is) anyways.

Originally posted by KaifanNow this doesn't make any sense at all, they don't know where he is, nobody knows, he doesn't know, but still he is able to find internet access to send you this email? from where?

It's vague, I know. I don't even know who "they" are. They could be NASA, they could be DeltaCom, they could be anybody. Maybe he escaped from somewhere and got lost. Maybe they've found him. Maybe he's hiding.

It's all just as baffling to me as it is to you. I hope we can come up with some good theories.

Or, if it is in fact a fraud, I hope we can somehow confirm that.

Originally posted by gandhiDue to the large light in the first photo, wouldn't the stars not be visible?

Well, I've pondered the same question, and I have two solutions.

1.The photo's a fraud.

2.It had lengthened exposure. In the first picture, there are no stars, the planet/moon/earth off to the right hand is less visible, and everything is less bright. In the second shot, perhaps the photo was exposed longer, thus making the photo brighter, and revealing more light.

If so, I don't know if this was intentional or not.

Now, someone pointed out that the photo's apparently have some info in them, that say they were recently edited in photoshop. Can you tell me how recent? Because, it seems plausible to me that my uncle edited them in photoshop himself, though I'm not sure why.

I really don't want to think that any of this is fake, but at the same time I do. I don't like the thought that someone is pranking me, and that my uncle is dead afterall, but then I don't like the thought that he's in danger, and some company wants to take over the world, and somehow he's apart of all this.

:sigh:

I'm gonna hit the hay now, though I doubt I'll sleep much.

edit on 2-11-2010 by FrodoBaggins because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Um, how can you tell? it looks like any other signature I've seen. Is there some process or experiment I need to do?

A real signature is one that a real person signed with pen. There will be variations in the thickness of the ink strokes.

edit on 2-11-2010 by xynephadyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I believe I can prove the photos to be hoaxed.

this is a screenshot of a 3d program called Vue D Esprit. The next image is a landscape I've just put together, note the similarities. thats a standard atrry sky and one landscape object,, take note of the Earth we're going to look at that more closely.

The next picture is th OP's photo with a picture of the stock earth object from Vue D Esprit next to it that I rendered myself, the cloud patterns are identical, proving that the OP's photo is nothing more than a quick rendering from this particular 3d package. There are other indicators such as the procedural textures in the terrain and Classic Vue lens flair but in reality the Earth object cliches it anyway.

I attest this now to be a proven hoax.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo-Dark
Sorry to ruin all the fun...but the second set of images the OP supposedly re-downloaded and reposted for us to see the original EXIF data are also shopped images. Data in the second set of images indicate the images are real at first glance...but there is hidden meta data in the images showing they were recently modified in CS2:

edit on 1-11-2010 by Neo-Dark because: (no reason given)

I can't help but notice the creation date is not long before the letter was sent from NASA. Also the NASA news from above is actually OCT.

Here is SEPT: NASA 2006

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
..... tripping and triped .. I can't see and I am blind .... listening to muse and loooking for info ... are we all not .... I still thinking of the experiment and wondering ... what is going on these days .... your dead uncle ...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo-Dark

Oh sigh really? try that with the NASA photos, i think you will be surprised what you will find.
NASA loves using photo shop.

edit on 2-11-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by spokaneman1983

And it also seems the images were last modified shortly before he received that email, judging by the above info the OP just posted. Interesting.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
Due to the large light in the first photo, wouldn't the stars not be visible?

My thinking exactly.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ee7e8c646b61.jpg[/atsimg]

As compared to,

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by tonyJ

wow. well i think this is definately a hoax now. im very dissapointed OP. you may not have purposely deceived us but somebody has deceived you.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by The GUT

Well the OP did address that and said he opened them in photoshop to get a better look at the pics. Is that plausible? I think I can give him that because I open alot of photos in various image editors for such reasons myself.

Yes, it's plausible I guess that one may feel inclined to open it in photoshop. But then to save it in photoshop? Eh ok. I think it's a little strange though that once we asked for the exif data, he didn't know what we were asking (supposedly)....but then quite soon after states that he did open it in photoshop...and that he doesn't know if it was faked or not. He's covering his butt in case he's found out.

edit on 1-11-2010 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

I also do not know what exif data is but I have Adobe Photoshop. Do not assume that everyone who has a Photoshop software knows what is exif data is.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by chaeone86
reply to post by FrodoBaggins

Fakest, letter, EVER. I refuse to believe this was written by anyone in any professional administrative position.

"cannot go into specifics?" please. Why would this phrase be employed post stating "we must retain secrecy," its a bit repetitive, no? wheres the law/statute or any type of codification that states the reason said information is classified? why does that term not appear once in this letter- it is the appropriate term, a govt agency doesnt used the term secret, usually, unless referring to "official state secrets" acts and what not.

Beginning a paragraph with "the rest of his family"? no way that came from NASA.

but the first sentence takes the cake "It is to our regret" LOL! that's the least properly stated regret EVER. The colloquialism is "It is with regret we inform" or "it is our regret to inform." COME ON people.

but why bother reading the letter and picking apart english that was written by a bored teenager or dim-witted adult (both with too much free time). Why would any agency or company provide notice of "presumed death" (also laughable) to any but a SPOUSE or NEXT OF KIN. Come on dude. if your gonna hoax ATS, at least pretend to be the nasa guys dad.

I demand, from now on, that all scams perpetrated upon this site at least measure up to some amount of technical difficulty, historically accurate complexity, at least some high degree of wit, not this garbage.

And if this is all really true, I'm sorry kiddo, your uncle died and nobody wants to tell you, probably out of pity. You remember how fido went off to live on a farm?

ya, fido's dead too.

You must be right because you used such big words in your post, and we all know people who use big words know everything

Honestly, does anyone know this NASA admin personally? His writing style? How he may differ his writing under stress? If this is a real letter, maybe something huge did just happen and he had to get the letter out and really didn't go over it before sending, and like others said was unable to have a secretary look over/write it for him due to the secrecy.

Oh and by the way, how do you know the government doesn't use the word 'secret' in their letters? Really chaeone86 you need to back off a bit, you sound a bit crazy to me to be honest; you act as if you know everything and you must feel proud that you just personally 'debunked the whole letter' all by yourself with your big words, good for you

OP, I have had some personal things with the US government occur before and I know it's not fun and if you try contacting them in anyway, they will just give you the runaround - I sent you a message with what I am speaking about.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Just as an aside to this, a little advice to the OP in rendering in Vue D Esprit. The closer to the camera your terrain objects are the higher the mesh resolution should be. In your moon 'photo' the rocks close to the camera are obvious polygon plains on a terrain object, small terrains in higher resolution for foreground rocks looks more realistic.

link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

With regards to a signature...sign your name ten times rather quickly, go back and look at the signatures and you'll always see some variation.

link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
reply to post by tonyJ

wow. well i think this is definately a hoax now. im very dissapointed OP. you may not have purposely decieved us but somebody has decieved you.

Lets not call it a hoax until we get digg it further.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Really? have you seen those pictures? they are exactly the ops pictures!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
do some digging/key words on his email [email protected]
seems like just a bored anime kid to me

infact to me, it seems baed on these
cyclone999.wordpress.com...
cyclone999.wordpress.com...
that you are not daniel, but david richmond himself, and just writing from the perspective of your non-existant nephew
edit on 2-11-2010 by Xadaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Well now we know the photos are a hoax at least and created with a software package. Enough red flags have been raised even before that. So since those are fake then either the OP is subject to a cruel joke by unknown party possibly disinfo by NASA or the OP is hoaxing. I do not believe NASA would mail a non immediate member and in saying "your Uncle" without stating his name and use the kind of wording either. Maybe NASA implemented him in to some black program and is using this as a cover i don't know. Do i believe that? NO as much hoax threads similar to this Ive seen here it is most likely the OP is up to shenanigans. The whole thing stinks.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
also here is his youtube account
www.youtube.com...

?
someone mentioned vue which seems to be some sort of editor, look at this video, by whom? oh yes the OP
www.youtube.com...
in the description "Rendered in Vue

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join