It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look at this picture and tell me the oil disappeared!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This will be a problem for years to come it seems. I really hope the gulf waters get better for the well being of the economy and nature. The oil is bad enough, but we can't see the dispersant which is also bad.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst
Ah, a fish with some juicy oil, there's nothing as tasteful.

Where do you know from, that these pictures are real? Its like everything else, take it with a grain of salt. Some people are headhunting BP (as I understand totally) So many people are willing to fake a little picture... I could even have made that picture at home. Wouldent be hard.

But if its true, then its disgusting.

I don't have any reason to believe it's fake. It came from a normal guy, not into conspiracies or anything. I'm still looking into exactly what part of florida it was taken in though. I wish it was fake, but I can't honestly believe that a chemical is going to make however many millions of gallons of oil just vanish, or leave any kind of side effects.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by shortywarn
reply to post by casijones

you realize this was on rense as well,,,,, i think this pic is being passed around all over the web

maybe your friend of a friend got it from the web,,,, not the actual fisherman

www.rense.com...

Yes it is being pass around the web... I got the picture straight from Keith Woodward's FB lol

ETA: I couldn't add this to the original post so here ya go:
Original link to picture
edit on 31-10-2010 by casijones because: edit to add link

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by inbound
I work in a restaurant in Atlanta, when we get gulf shrimp
I find similar stuff in them. I have brought it to the attention of the proper people and no one seems to care. As I see it now--- natural selection. If your dumb enough to eat that stuff, well go right ahead

That could be because that black stuff has always been in the shrimp until its stripped out? Even before the oil leak. Is this your first time dealing with shrimp that have not been deveined? If it is they are ignoring you because shrimp from all locations contains that black stuff before they are properly prepared.

On topic -

Anyone who fishes knows that that black nasty stuff is in all fish when you clean them. It runs along the spine and clearing it out is part of the normal cleaning process.

OP, has that substance been tested to see if it is oil? If not, it looks the same as what I've found in thousands of fish I've cleaned from both fresh and salt-water.

The reason I ask is it would be criminal if the Fishing Industry were to suffer even more from people who don't know what they are looking at when cleaning a fish?

If that is from the digestive tract, it looks normal. It could be oil and that would be terrible except the fish would have died before it was caught I think? How do you catch a dead fish?

If that is oil, I agree its awful. If its just the same stuff I've cleaned out of every fish I've ever caught, causing more pain for the fishing industry is just wrong. It should be tested before this sort of stuff is spread around the Internet and could destroy innocent people. That is wrong also.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I believe it to be natural; nothing to do with the oil as well.

I think the fear and hype causes people to have perceptions that are false in several cases.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

I'm just worried about those poor people in the Fishing industry. We all know how much damage was done to tourism in places the oil never hit.

People who don't fish -

You see that organ running along the spine they split open (odd thing to do in fact)? You will also notice it descends to the anus? In every fish I've ever caught it contained material that looked just like this. It would be sad if an honest mistake in identification were to lead to even more suffering by innocent people and I also don't trust the environmental extremists any more than I do the Oil Companies. Both sides are dishonest and deserve heavy scrutiny.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
C'mon people please!
Either we are too naive or just simply stupid.

How did the oil get there!

Have any of you ever seen the lungs of a person who lives with a wooden stove inside their house?
the lungs are fool of soot, who put it there?
Or the lungs of deep miners who get from fungi to calcified lungs, who put the minerals and the fungus in there??
Have you ever seen the insides of of someone living a a big city? they are blackened charred remains, even if they never inhaled a puff from a cigarette, ever tasted an otter? , my gosh they taste like swamp water, who put that in there! organisms are not really impermeable we are full of the crap that surrounds us, both ways, it may be invisible, but it accumulates, btw if one did check for the real levels of lead and even analogues of DDT accumulated in our bodies we wouldn't even want to eat anything...

the oil is partially diluted with the detergents they used to break the molecules apart, the fish while breathing filter water through their respiratory systems, filtering oxygen mixed in the water, they absorb and accumulate, you could also check their livers, they will be in the same state.
Its even worse now, the currents have indeed taken some of the diluted oil throughout the rest of the gulf, and the world at large.
There is only one ocean, its the same water for everyone, we have all bathed and swam, and drunk in the corpses and excrement from everything else accumulating for millions of years, this death cloud of detergent and oil is an extinction level event for planet earth.

It is THAT big regardless of my best wishes, this one was one of the big ones, as big as that supposed meteorite in the Yucatan, we, humanity , or better named, they the ones that will even rape the planet that has accepted them to exist, have acted on greed for power, not even money, money is meaningless at some levels, power is not, we can conclude that human greed is a FORCE of NATURE that can change things on a global scale, imagine of we on the other hand did the opposite, but that hole on the sand sure looks cozy!

Thanks for the pic OP! we will get it, no doubt, starting six months ago, welcome to the real hell.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

This vid will freak you out! CWRoberts Presentation Hay to clean oil spill. You won’t believe it.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I'm not surprised at all....I knew even while the oil well was still gushing oil out that the damage was done,the saddest part of it all is (most everybody)has forgotten about the oil or doesn't care,I never hear anyone bring it up or talk about it.everybody just keeps living their safe lives in their sub divided neighborhoods with their neatly cut yards.after all its no big deal,it doesn't affect anyone around here,its not our problem,to hell with all the wildlife,we truely can be a pathetic race,shame on bp,let's take all those who neglected the warnings of what might happen with that well and load them on a boat,take it to the most polluted area of the gulf and throw them into the water and say swim!,eat!,drink!,let's us scream at them,"is the OIL getting in your eyes!!!?",oh I'm so sorry and spit upon them. May the earth crack open and the dogs of hell drag them to where they belong.I do not pity their worthless, empty,black souls.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Ummmmm ummmyyyyy. Was there really anyone that thought that? Now we have little micro green animals down there eating what? To get back to the American dream...we need to get rid of the nightmare.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sk1951

THE OIL DID NOT DISAPPEAR!!

YES IT DID...THE FISH ATE IT!!!!!!! I saw the pic proof!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by inbound
I work in a restaurant in Atlanta, when we get gulf shrimp
I find similar stuff in them. I have brought it to the attention of the proper people and no one seems to care. As I see it now--- natural selection. If your dumb enough to eat that stuff, well go right ahead

That could be because that black stuff has always been in the shrimp until its stripped out? Even before the oil leak. Is this your first time dealing with shrimp that have not been deveined? If it is they are ignoring you because shrimp from all locations contains that black stuff before they are properly prepared.

On topic -

Anyone who fishes knows that that black nasty stuff is in all fish when you clean them. It runs along the spine and clearing it out is part of the normal cleaning process.

OP, has that substance been tested to see if it is oil? If not, it looks the same as what I've found in thousands of fish I've cleaned from both fresh and salt-water.

The reason I ask is it would be criminal if the Fishing Industry were to suffer even more from people who don't know what they are looking at when cleaning a fish?

If that is from the digestive tract, it looks normal. It could be oil and that would be terrible except the fish would have died before it was caught I think? How do you catch a dead fish?

If that is oil, I agree its awful. If its just the same stuff I've cleaned out of every fish I've ever caught, causing more pain for the fishing industry is just wrong. It should be tested before this sort of stuff is spread around the Internet and could destroy innocent people. That is wrong also.

Dude!!!!! Oil is not shrimp poop!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

I have nothing to prove to a charlatan. Anyone who lives or works in the gulf knows the truth. You can sit there crying all you wish. You are nothing more than an outsider looking in.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Nikola Tesla often was lambasted for not showing ciritcs his works in progress. They refused to believe. he simply didnt care understanding the premise that they would simply not understand anyway.

This guy takes it one further and offers that he knows more about fish than someone who once worked on a charter and used to fish the canyons. Right.

its not hard to see why you guess. This is intrinsic to every aspect of your daily life.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal

Originally posted by tsi1991awd
I am going to be completely honest on this. I'm not buying it.

If anyone has ever gutted a fish before, you would know that the spleen is dark red/black in color just like that. That is a pretty good sized fish, so I really have no doubt that they ruptured the spleen and caused blood (yes, very dark blood) to leak all over everything. Or they simply faked that picture.

How would it just be in that one area? If this were real, the oil would be in it's stomach...not just floating around in the cavity...how did it get there then? The stomach was not cut open, wasn't touched...you can see in the picture.

I say ruptured spleen or faked picture.

You do realize that a fish doesn't just 'swallow' everything right? Do you know how they breath? Well when a fish breaths in the water around them, and it has something within it such as oil, the oil will go throughout the body of the fish - not just the stomach.

So a fish is going to have oil within their bodies, under their scales etc... not just inside the stomach as you were saying it should be.

And the oil is not gone and yet people are acting like this never even happened... it's not even worth arguing about with most people right now, they wont believe it until they are swimming in the ocean and get out with oil slick all over them. It's a shame.

Do you know how a fish breathes? through their gills.
The gills take the oxygen from the water.
It doesn't go into their body.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Of course I'm not- I am mearly a worker drone, If it was my establishment I would do things differently. Now not all of the seafood that I prepare has signs in it, but the ones I do I throw away- that would be the best I can do in the situation

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
FAKE! Picture

Second line

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I am in atlanta temporarily, I have lived on the gulf coast all my life (NOLA) and I assure that I have held,deveined, eaten, caught, used for bait, cooked, etc etc etc, more shrimp than you can imagine- btw- what I am seeing is not black gooey stuff, its some sort of growth that encapsulated the entire "vein" from head to exit, ranging in color from black/ white, dark blue, all white, blue/white, purple w swirls of white. Like I said I am no stranger to shrimp, never saw this before the spill and it started during.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

that "organ" your talking about- is it the orange colored mass? if thats what your talking about, that is roe- fish eggs, and that is a king mackerel he is cleaning, possibly a Cero mackerel cannot see enough of it to tell, but definatly a Mack

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by PunkyPoopers

Maybe my post came off as rude, I didn't mean it to. I know there is no burden of proof on you, I only asked if you could possibly supply us with more evidence that this is in fact oil. As Blaine pointed out so much more eloquently than I, this could be nothing more then the normal insides of a fish. If you were able to show this is in other fish and it is in fact oil, then it would go a long ways towards solving this question.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join