It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look at this picture and tell me the oil disappeared!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I luck out on this one because I don't particulary like eating fish, but when I do it's GMO GENETICALLY MODIPHIED PERSERVATIVE ENRICHED frozen gortons. I'll take the FDA stamp before I take YOUR word for it. How do we know ANY fish WE ever caught wasn't contaminated with something. I never tested the cat fish my neighbor caught to feed me I took his word it.... Can't say i'd take the governments word or lack of words regarding this stinky fish story.
edit on 1-11-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well, it's a good thing that while we are still too scared (and with damned good reason) to even consider the idea of eating fish, regardless of what's physically on their insides, that BP has returned to making profits.

How much more will they make with this tragedy brewing? I don't think they realize how much they should HAVE to sacrifice in any disaster like this caused by their lack of attention... it's sickening. They should be halted from their operations, have a thorough review of all operations, make sure that everybody along the coast has health care taken care of with legitimate doctors and clinics, get more scientists to really figure out what true damage they've caused with all their chemicals, and then should have to pay for any recovery projects.

And if they don't have the money to keep afloat, too bad, their executives should pay out of their pockets to make ends meet in my opinion. You own a company that screws over our country, pay for it. And I want a trail of all spending too, they shouldn't be able to squirm away like our government does magically losing 90% of their recovery funds for when they royally screwed up another whole country as well.

WAIT!!! Even better... Let's get a boost to our other corrupt product providers. Have Monsanto artificially develop seeds for sealife and eggs for fish that can survive and thrive on the oil and chemicals, it will save our government, BP, the FDA and Monsanto in one foul swoop while wiping the needs of our country under the mat. Perfect!!! It's time to revamp that silly, old-fashioned style of fishing and farming that's worked for hundreds of thousands of years, it's time to introduce oil directly to the products, for the sake of our oil companies that keep our country floating, of course...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by casijones

This is horrible. Just one more thing to blame Barack Osama for.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
We know it didnt dissapear. We also know that there are still 4 more open cracks in the bottom of the ocean around there and that a banolith is waiting under it. Its old news that it did not go away,but thanks for sharing

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by inchworm

blama obama? if you are on ATS at least have enough information to know what you are talking about
Obama has nothing 2 do with this.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by inbound

Get us some photos! Include time/date stamp, and demonstrate that the shrimp in your photos are coming from the gulf (I guess place of origin is somewhere on the crates/ paperwork?)

Add it to the thread, and then we have two pieces of evidence that the gulf is horribly poisoned and people shouldn't eat the fish. Or, drink the Kool-Aid (provided by BP, the government and the MSM)..

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
If TPTB weren't such MASSIVE liars in the first place we wouldn't have to speculate on whether or not it's safe to eat this or that.

We need the truth so we can start to take care of it - if that's at all possible.

We don't know what to believe most of the time.

Who wants to kidnap these PTB and take em somewhere cold, nasty and dark, and PUNCH the truth out of them?

Put my name down for that

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by casijones

I got this photo from a friend of a friend of my mother's on facebook just now.

Here's the caption:

I just got this from a friend fisherman in Florida. It just shows that the oil did not disappear but is slowly getting into the food chain. Bp and the media are covering this up. This is only the start of chain reaction in the food chain. Would you eat this??????
Please send this picture to everyone who cares about gulf seafood.

i whant to believe this picture so badly,but i cant because ive done a little gutting and seen black innards...canal u.k...anyway im ashamed of B.P they are giving my beloved great britain a bad name

This is beyond disturbing.
It just proves what most of us have been saying all along...

THE OIL DID NOT DISAPPEAR!!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsi1991awd
I am going to be completely honest on this. I'm not buying it.

If anyone has ever gutted a fish before, you would know that the spleen is dark red/black in color just like that. That is a pretty good sized fish, so I really have no doubt that they ruptured the spleen and caused blood (yes, very dark blood) to leak all over everything. Or they simply faked that picture.

How would it just be in that one area? If this were real, the oil would be in it's stomach...not just floating around in the cavity...how did it get there then? The stomach was not cut open, wasn't touched...you can see in the picture.

I say ruptured spleen or faked picture.

I had to read all the way down the first page to see who was gonna notice that first.
Are people that disconnected from nature that they don't know what fish guts look like?

Edit: Ah yes, it must be President Obama's fault that fish guts are black (ie the color of oil).

edit on 3-11-2010 by The Juice because: OMG

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by casijones

Couldn't that just be the dark membrane that surround the fish roe? I have seen it look like that before, and the yellow is the roe
?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
How many fish are like this. Just a few or millions.

Of course some fish will swallow some globules of oil when feeding. I'd expect to see some eveidence of fish like this.

How many or what perecentage of commercial catch ends up like this though? Is this just scaremongering or are 5000 fish caught a day like this?

Whats the perecentage of catch that affected?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Ughh.. by 2050 we probably won't even be able to find a fish in the gulf to gut, let alone one without oil in it. That was a disaster of epic proportions.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
the Gulf of Mexico was polluted seriously
if i am not wrong it is the twice time .
i think it is possible that the oil can't disappear in a short time

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I met a woman in a meeting recently and we were talking about the Gulf clean up (prior to the meeting starting). I know nothing about the subject but what I read. Her work has her interacting with various ecological orgs. and governmental agencies. She told us she was in the area of the Exxon Valdez spill last spring. She said her team was doing research, I think, or a spot check with an agency. Whatever it was, they moved rocks in the process and underneath they were still covered in oil. You could have heard a pin drop....

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join