It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent UFO sightings near Colares, Brazil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Just found this quite interesting article posted on the brazilian UFO website ufo.com.br. The article is about this months UFO sightings near Colares(same place of the well documented 77 Colares incident). Since the original article is in portuguese I decided to translate it via google translator so that we can all benefit from this quite interesting happening.

The quiet routine of four communities belonging to the municipality of Santo Antonio do Taua, 56 km distant from Belém (PA), was troubled by a surprising phenomenon. Two unidentified flying objects were spotted by dozens of people late on Monday and early Tuesday morning, April 26.

Much more surprising than the appearance of UFOs frightened and scared most of the residents of the communities of Santa Rita, Tracuateua, Remedies and Tracuateua Tip, located at 23 km extension of the PA-140.

LINK to translated article

Seems like this kind of UFO activity in the Colares region is picking up again. Hope it doesn't turn into another chupa-chupa incident, which if it did it'd be quite a frightening experience for these poor people once again.

Regards,

ringht_n_wrong
edit on 30-10-2010 by ringht_n_wrong because: Fixing link!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Sorry, you link dosent work.

Sounds interesting though.

edit on 17031992 by ypperst because: Wrong words

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

Sorry buddy........link is working now...funny that I checked the link before and it was just fine.....but thanks for letting me know....I got some stuff related to it but will post as this thread progresses....

Regards,

ringht_n_wrong

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Some people seem to be having problems with the link so I'm posting the new link here:
Original in portuguese: ufo.com.br...

Translation:

The quiet routine of four communities belonging to the municipality of Santo Antonio do Taua, 56 km distant from Belém (PA), was troubled by a surprising phenomenon. Two unidentified flying objects were spotted by dozens of people late on Monday and early Tuesday morning, April 26.

Much more surprising than the appearance of UFOs frightened and scared most of the residents of the communities of Santa Rita, Tracuateua, Remedies and Tracuateua Tip, located at 23 km extension of the PA-140.

The night of October 25, 2010 will hardly be forgotten by the families of 140 community Remedios, who witnessed the phenomenon. Around 22:30, Manoel da Conceição Lopes, the "Santos" was called by the child to see something strange flying over the woods located behind his residence.

A curious thing happened when they saw some objects, which hung over the hedge of trees. "Television stations went off the air. It was only drizzle. When I do, I thought they were going off at piçarreira. I saw two objects and they made no noise from aircraft. One of them went and walked away. The other came around behind the hose, then turned toward the other and went away, "reported Manoel Conceição.

That first appearance was assisted by at least 10 people who were in their homes and others on the street, talking. Luan Carlos Conceição Costa, 17, who was described more clearly UFOs. "Had a strong light, like a lighthouse, and more on top of flashing lights and spinning around. It was a noise of engine failing. We thought it was a plane crashing, then disappeared and appeared elsewhere. The lights dimmed and appear somewhere else, "said the teenager.

Persecution - Luan said two residents of the community ran behind the artifacts, trying to follow them and see where follow. After a few meters away was a UFO on its axis turned and threw a spotlight toward the two boys. Startled, they ran back to the community, but also saw the objects moving away toward the forest that surrounds the area. The youths were not located because they were working in the neighboring municipality of Santa Izabel do Pará

In the town of Ponta Tracuateua, Augusto Souza, 25, known in the community as "Lequito, was fishing in a river port Taua, with three friends. It was past 21:30 when they were surprised by the passage of a "plane" over the trees and then over the river. "It was a very bright light, like a lighthouse. It had red lights on the side that were spinning. Went and came again. An hour light 'candies' and we made a loud noise but did not fly, "recalled Lequito.

Frightened animals - Still in Ponta Tracuateua, Professor Nazarene Correa said that the animals, mostly dogs, were frightened when they saw the phenomenon. He also came to think it was a plane, but the maneuvers performed by objects are not compatible with the motion of a small aircraft, the professor says.

Correa has called the woman to see the object that passed just over a transmission tower that exists in the community. "And he said, woman, this airplane will fall and looking for land route, but would slow down." You could not be plane, "says the professor.

He also described the sighting he and his family. "He had a strong light. The round bottom was bright and there were seven yellow and three red lights that were flashing in a constant circular motion. In an aircraft lights are fixed, "compares the teacher.

He also said that more strange was the behavior of animals in the neighborhood. "The dogs barked, the cocks and hens made noise. But the most curious were the roosters, who usually sing in the early morning but started to sing when the object passed through here. "

regards,

ringht_n_wrong
edit on 30-10-2010 by ringht_n_wrong because: Posting translation!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ringht_n_wrong

I was surprised your link took me to ufo.com.br because I was just over there today. They used to have a back-end root to an archive of Colares images that's no longer there. Good coincidence

The story is interesting and sounds like the traditional UFO sightings that had power outages and vehicle engines stopping. In this case the TVs stopped working during the incident. They must also have short memories if they went out to watch the UFOs, especially the boy. The last time around, people got hurt.

Luan said two residents of the community ran behind the artifacts, trying to follow them and see where follow. After a few meters away was a UFO on its axis turned and threw a spotlight toward the two boys. Startled, they ran back to the community, but also saw the objects moving away toward the forest that surrounds the area.

In the original incidents, those 'spotlights' caused a lot of trouble to anyone they touched.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Funny that the documents got taken offline....I have the links to the documents saved on my browser but they are not working either and of course I was stupid enough not to save those pictures on my computer......anyways....I might email them and ask what happen...I'm sure they still have those documents somewhere......

regards,

ringht_n_wrong

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Yeah strange. The others are still there, but the Prato images are all gone. I saved 13 of the big TIFF images, but should have saved the lot. I'd say I've learned my lesson, but will probably forget to save the next set of cool images I discover too!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Would you mind uploading some of those pictures from the "Operacao Prato"? It seems like those documents are no where to be found. Besides, the Brazilian government acts just like the American.....lotta hush hush....

regards,

ringht_n_wrong

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Do you have the links to those original docs and pictures? If you do I may be able to track them down

Ya know this is one of the things that bugs me about ATS.. all the skeptic 'noise' in most UFO threads demanding better research etc... then when a really good post comes along with amazing detail... the thread dies almost ignored by even supposed seekers of truth..

I don't get it but maybe its a good way to sift through the garbage balloon and lantern stuff to find the real deal... Just look at page one and see if the 'regulars' have shown up to debunk it

Brazilian UFO Flap Colares
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Internos and even ArMap came on saying 'best case' and provided lots of data yet the thread barely made it to page TWO

Zep Tepi posted...

Originally posted by Zeptepi
Author Jacques Vallee went to Brazil to investigate these cases.
In his book “Confrontations” part 5, chapter 13. He describes this case
And more of the northern Brazil sightings. And recently, in a C2C interview,
He tells more about them that he did not put in his book. If you are interested in this case, I would highly recommend that you read this book.
I checked out a copy of this book from my local library. He was there,
Talked to the witnesses, saw the Brazilian Air force photos (some are in the
Book). These cases are, in my opinion, some of the most compelling in the world. As he points out in his book, these folks in these very remote parts
Of the “Interior” a vast region of jungles, forests and swamps might have
1 telephone for an entire village or “fazenda”. These people, are without doubt, closer to nature than any scientist. There is a lot more to this story than just the Colares, Brazil story. I urge you to read the rest of the story.

Here is a copy of that book in PDF at scribd
www.scribd.com...

It's not OCR so if anyone can take some time to copy relevant quote would be nice

Internos post has so many links it will take me days to go through them all and catalog the material

And now it starts again

ARRGGGG

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I have often wondered what happened to the people of Colares. The documents I have read through do not give any updated information about their health after this incident. Great thread.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Do you have the links to those original docs and pictures? If you do I may be able to track them down

Ya know this is one of the things that bugs me about ATS.. all the skeptic 'noise' in most UFO threads demanding better research etc... then when a really good post comes along with amazing detail... the thread dies almost ignored by even supposed seekers of truth..

I don't get it but maybe its a good way to sift through the garbage balloon and lantern stuff to find the real deal... Just look at page one and see if the 'regulars' have shown up to debunk it

I feel ya bro...by the way those links are here in this thread, on the last post which is mine: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The thing is those documents were all over the net before....and ufo.com.br had most of them if not all previously....but now all of the sudden they got taken offline.....I thought that those were released to the public, wonder why they were taken offline....
Also thanks for bumping the thread....really appreciate it....plus was hoping the "debunkers" would show up....but since theres nothing to debunk here I understand why these kind of threads are always empty.....LOL...also if you got any info on Colares please feel free to post it here....

regards,

ringht_n_wrong

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Would you mind uploading some of those pictures from the "Operacao Prato"? It seems like those documents are no where to be found.

The ATS system doesn't support TIFF files so they can't be uploaded.

In 2005 the Brazil government released a lot of the files relating to Operation Prato...all told there's approaching 500mb of reports with about 160mb focused on Colares. Over on Greenwald's Black Vault, he's got just about all of the Brazil UFO files. The one that relates to Colares is here. (beware it's a 110mb pdf) His archives for the full Brazil UFO collection is available...here.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SunshineLaws

Well to say the least, the people from Colares were scared to death after those....and by the way those incidents are still happening around that area...
Here is another article with a map of the region:
ufo.com.br...

And the translation:

"I write this renowned magazine UFO, UFO researcher and amateur, to submit a fact at least open to investigation.'m Aware that UFO Magazine was ahead in understanding the Operation Saucer, held in my state (Pará). Well, similar events are happening now in 2010, in Santo Antonio do Taua, municipalities and surrounding communities. I suggest your UFO and UFO researchers to investigate, sending a team to clarify, because newspapers do not show the depth of the facts. The appearances are much more intense than those reported, the population of these cities are desperate, as happened in 1977. disposed to help me as my ability. "

This was one of the messages, among many other collaborators, we received soon after the events and publishing in the portal of Ufology over a matter of 27 days, propagated in the Journal of Para and other regional presses, giving an account of a flock of about UFOs communities of Santa Rita, Tracuateua, Remedies and Tracuateua Tip , located at 23 km extension of the PA-140, on day 25 and early hours of 26.

All confirmed sightings and tell the villagers were so scared that the next day many were not even working for fear of leaving home. As can be seen in the initial matter, above, are consistent reports and troubling.
The PA-140 highway, where are located the affected communities, providing access to PA-241, which runs through the town of Colares, but also provides assebilidade to PA-412, ending at Vigia, two locations marked in the 70 by Chupa Chupa-Phenomenon , which initiated and led to the Operação Prato [See edits UFO 114 , 115 , 116 and 117 , as well as official documents of the OP, ready to download from www.ufo.com.br... Documents / ].

Therefore, its inhabitants, it is assumed, should know very well distinguish these alleged phenomena of conventional aircraft. But it's not what you think communication adviser of the First Regional Air Command (COMAR I), Alexandre Fernandes, much less the physical Louis Crispino, coordinator of the Center for Astronomy, UFPA.

The attempted explanation of Fernandes is really feasible and possible, no doubt. Aircraft under this interim procedure to change the runway could cause errors of interpretation, with all the lights outside.

The detail is that this alleged mistake stirred with about 140 families, hundreds of residents living there ever since, which came under panic due to the passage of light, and even two people chased one of them, which turned on its axis and played a spotlight on the boys, who ran the place.
Only an analysis that contains the schedule of observations and aircraft in flight to lighten the subject. We shall be alert and in touch with researchers from the region to investigate the matter.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Hey buddy...thanks for the links......good that at least one of us kept a working link somewhere....LOL....and what do you think about that video I sent you? Any thoughts on it? Plus I think I stumbled upon and quite interesting article also from ufo.com.br about a guy that was burned to death by a supposed UFO or alien presence....
ufo.com.br...

Actually this incident is so weird that its a good topic for another thread....

regards,

ringht_n_wrong

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ringht_n_wrongalso if you got any info on Colares please feel free to post it here....

I never looked into it much because it was one that was on Jkrog08's list of 'to do' But sadly he passed away recently (RIP)

With Internos also gone I guess I better catch up on this one... Even ArMaP considers this one a good case... and he can translate Portuguese

Operação Prato - Linha Direta Mistério

Simulation and collection of interviews

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
The ATS system doesn't support TIFF files so they can't be uploaded.

No problem email them to me and I will convert them and can host them on my site as well

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I think that the reason those links 'disappear' is simply the nature of that website... seems when you post an old article link it defaults to the current front page.

I tried Wayback machine but they didn't archive the old pages, probably for the same reason. To search the site I think you need to be a member

If you use the link file name in Google you will get results for example..
www... ufo.com.br/documentos/prato/Desenhos_de_Uyrange_Hollanda/

Desenhos de Uyrange Hollanda

OPERATION SAUCER - Cel Hollanda (Actual Report)
www.disclose.tv...

edit on 30-10-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

I never looked into it much because it was one that was on Jkrog08's list of 'to do' But sadly he passed away recently (RIP)
With Internos also gone I guess I better catch up on this one... Even ArMaP considers this one a good case... and he can translate Portuguese

Hey Zorgon....thanks for posting those links and the video, plus my mother tongue is portuguese and I can also translate from portuguese and spanish to english, so if you got anything translation related you might need help with please let me know.

regards,

ringht_n_wrong

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I wrote a thread about Colares early last year. It's got some of the best members in there and Armap translated a couple of Portuguese documentaries. There's also a *rare* interview with Colonel Hollanda before he died where he claims to have seen humanoid critters manning the craft. Typically when a skeptic posts a UFO thread, it's marked for death...this didn't do too badly.

Hostile UFO Encounters: Colares 1977

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Colares is one weird incident, I remember reading this thread before I joined ATS, good old lurker times
Actually that thread of yours made wanna join ATS...
edit on 31-10-2010 by ringht_n_wrong because: wrong post!

new topics

top topics

join