It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where has the ignore button gone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Hi there,

I have a question.

I have unfortuantly found the need to use the ignore button, somthing I don't use lightly.

But since the site change can't seem to find it.

Can someone point me in the right direction??

Thanks,

Korg.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

They got rid of it with the new site design. I would like to see it come back. I didn't use it much but there are a few morons that are just a waste of time.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead

They got rid of it with the new site design. I would like to see it come back. I didn't use it much but there are a few morons that are just a waste of time.

I see that's sad.

And I agree there are a few members that are on here for the express purpose of being insulting for enjoyment.

They should post ban more often IMHO

Korg.
edit on 29-10-2010 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I agree it needs a come back, before the changes I had never used it, but due to the outstanding amount of people noticing some changes that they might not like, if it was reinstated, I think that everyone would go nuts, and use it more than ever before.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The powers that be here on ATS have decided that you don't have the right to ignore others.

They see it as being somehow unseemly or arrogant for you to know when you don't want to hear/read any more from a specific individual.

There are other threads on this specific topic and they all eventually are canned by the mods. You see we can't ignore but the mods can end a thread they want to ignore.

I've never had a problem with the mods or any policy here on ATS but somehow this one seems to tick me off.

Get your opinions in quick. This thread won't last long.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I agree.

The ignore function must be brought back.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Like h*ll it should! I would be left talking to my self.....

But seriously, I never understood an ignore function on a site which has the denial of ignorance as it's main theme. It did come in handy for the occasional troll but I do not see how a simple "alert" can't fix that.

Peace

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

You are just worried people will ignore you because of your posting habits, yes?

*Anyhow, I don't think people come to ATS because of the slogan that they use.

Deny ignorance bro.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

reply to post by operation mindcrime

You are just worried people will ignore you because of your posting habits, yes?

That is what I was saying, yes. But thank you for repeating it. (It was a poor attempt at comedy, I agree)

*Anyhow, I don't think people come to ATS because of the slogan that they use.

Deny ignorance bro.

Geez, lighten up!!.......

Peace

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Ha now you have to listen to me

On a serious note its a good thing that its gone i never used it and the one you want to ignore is still there you just will not see it.
So i think its a good thing

Thanks

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I tend to not use such features on discussion boards, but I like to have the option if needed.
Now that it's gone, I can't go on!

Time for an ignore button tribute.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

Like h*ll it should! I would be left talking to my self.....

But seriously, I never understood an ignore function on a site which has the denial of ignorance as it's main theme. It did come in handy for the occasional troll but I do not see how a simple "alert" can't fix that.

Peace

Because there are some people here to bate and just stir up strife .. there are those that I see time and time again not adding anything but fear and distractions to the discussion - the admin are so adamant about us not getting into p****** matches but then won't let us ignore those people..

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Why does anyone need a special button or feature to ignore someone?

It doesn't take a whole lot of energy to look at the posters handle and keep scrolling; I'm sure plenty of people do it already.

If it were to come back, I think the ignoree should be notified of who is ignoring them; in the interest in free and open discussion.
edit on 10/30/2010 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mars1

On a serious note its a good thing that its gone i never used it and the one you want to ignore is still there you just will not see it.
So i think its a good thing

Being completely powerless and unable to affect any change in this regard, I believe you are engaging in rationalization. Note how you repeat yourself: 'its a good thing' 'i think its a good thing' .... who are you trying to convince?

At the very least you are saying that you think it is okay for everyone to have no choice because you don't mind having no choice. That is a poor state of mind to have.

Basically you are saying:

"I don't care about your freedom, because I don't care about mine. Further, I wouldn't mind you not having the freedom I don't care about. It's a good thing"

edit on 30-10-2010 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

No it's not like that remember the saying deny ignorance well its a bit ignorant to put someone on ignore just because you don't agree with them don't you think

You still have a choice whether to read the poster's writing you would have put on ignore or to skip and move to the next one.
So the choice is still there

Thanks

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I think I want it back too..

I was making my way through that "Buddhism is Evil" thread before I realized that it was started in 2008. During the first 10 pages my main thought was "how can ignore that 'rileytardell' person?" since he is so obviously a wingnut. (oops am I allowed to say that?).

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I've said my piece about this before but every day I get more and more irritated by people I used to have on ignore.

It's ignoring a basic fact that out of more than, what, 100,000 people or so on this site I am not going to like everyone. Fact. I should have the choice to ignore certain fools and baiters, people whose only purpose on this board is to cause problems and insult people.

Trying to read the 9/11 forum is now like pulling teeth without anesthesia as the debunkers there are immensely rude. I don't think I should have to read every name to see if they are a ass or not so I can read their posts. With ignore, it was already done and I could go about my day with less headaches. It also kept me from having useless arguments with people that lead nowhere, as those debunkers only want to cause strife. It's useless to debate with them, so why can't I just ignore them?

If I am the only one who knows, it hurts no one and it lessens the chance of useless arguments.

Bring it back, please?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Exuberant1

No it's not like that remember the saying deny ignorance well its a bit ignorant to put someone on ignore just because you don't agree with them don't you think

You still have a choice whether to read the poster's writing you would have put on ignore or to skip and move to the next one.
So the choice is still there

Thanks

I know what you are saying.

But - I am human. Some posters are all about pushing buttons.

And - again as you are scrolling through the posts - - you know you are going to Ignore and Scroll past - - before you read it? Not unless you are psychic.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I am sorry but you lost me here.

And - again as you are scrolling through the posts - - you know you are going to Ignore and Scroll past - - before you read it? Not unless you are psychic.

All i am trying to say is the choice to read or not is up to you no freedom is lost because the ignore button is gone but that is just my opinion nothing more.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I am sorry but you lost me here.

All i am trying to say is the choice to read or not is up to you no freedom is lost because the ignore button is gone but that is just my opinion nothing more.

Thanks

No Prob.

You can't really scroll past a post and ignore it - - until you read it first to know what it says.

So its easy to say "just scroll past" - - but not logical.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join