It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery of loud humming noise heard over city

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobbinHood
I found a recording of the sound

Check it out at the bottom of the article here: www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk...

It sounds like a plane to me. Whatever it is starts out high pitched and gradually gets lower, meaning whatever it is is moving past the person who recorded it. (due to the doppler effect)

hm thats exactly the sound i hear here in germany berlin last days very often right after the flight stop hit...
flight stop is 10 pm ...mostly around 11 pm i hear that...i thought its maybe some kind of army bombers :S

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Maybe TPTB are testing/warming up HAARP?
Just my 2 cents........

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobbinHood
I found a recording of the sound

Check it out at the bottom of the article here: www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk...

It sounds like a plane to me. Whatever it is starts out high pitched and gradually gets lower, meaning whatever it is is moving past the person who recorded it. (due to the doppler effect)

I agree a turbo-prop. Atlantic Airlines based in the Midlands in the UK operate a number of Lockheed Electra. They are used for night time freight runs.

They are noisy beasts.

www.youtube.com...

The military claim of not one of ours is probably quite correct. This sounds very much like a heavy laden civilian turbo prop at low level such as the Lockeed Electra. A rare beast which produces a unique sound unlike modern turbo prop types.

TJ

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

Im from hull too but i was asleep at that time lastnight.

They are saying now that it could be russians because we have had to scramble jets to them a couple of times in the last week. but if it was russians how did they get so far in land and why wasnt no jets at the time or afterwards?

maybe people have mistaken the eurofighters noise and it was them heading out to sea, if so then maybe thats why the military have denied it.

thanks

rich

Rich,
Consider how many people live in and around RAF Coningsby? A quick reaction alert launch of a Typhoon is not going to go un-noticed and especially at that time in the morning. The base is next to Coningsby and Tattershall villages along with all the surrounding inhabited areas.

The whole of UK airspace is monitored. It is congested airspace and no Russian bomber is going to penetrate inside UK airspace un-noticed and especially with the radar return from a Tu-95 Bear. What people are hearing is an old type turbo prop at night at possibly at a low transit level. These are still in limited service such as the Lockheed Electras operated in the UK. These are from the 1950s and produce a sound unlike any modern civilian turbo props.

TJ

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Ive heard a lot of funny noises around 3am here in essex. Sounds like massive planes overhead going really slow, can last 10 mins for them to pass. Im not aware of any bases near me...the closest id imagine would be in cambridge??

Ive never seen anything in the sky when i hear the noise...ive looked out of my windows but can only see one direction so if it was behind id not see it

Im pretty close to london so i doubt its russian bombers...maybe its an a380 or someother kind of large cargo plane that i hear...just strange that it takes so long to pass

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
this is very strange because I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba(Canada), and I hears a hum tues nite and it went on for quite a while. i just assumed it was something explainable, but now that I think back it last for hours while I was in my apt(on the 23rd floor) watching tv. now that I have watched some of the videos here it was this sounds. now thats creepy.
edit on 28-10-2010 by loagun because: i had writted weds nite, it was actually tuesday night

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

yes, i already agreed, i was just speculating because i had not heard it myself until i listened to the recording.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

I hadn't heard it until I listened to the recording either, but it reminded me of the aircraft that would feature in World War 2 movies. Maybe they are ghost planes...
(cool signature by the way.... though it's also becoming the lanternatic asylum!)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
reply to post by Jason88

i hear that a lot in scotland, im not sure what it is, but i can here like a humming, i thought maybe it was my fridge so i unplugged it for a second and the humming noise continued....in scotland we have almost constant cloud cover so i cant see anything but i hear it probably three times on average a week..very annoying

Check your electric circuit box/fuse box. They can make a hum. I know because I wake up in the night sometimes and hear mine.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Can you link us to this thread about seismic readings going crazy?
TY

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I find all of these hums really fascinating. I recently moved house and I could nearly always hear a low humming noise at night in the old house, I thought it was the pump in the fish tank but when I turned off all the electric appliances I could still hear it. I recently moved and now I am in a different house just 2 miles away and I can still hear it although not as loud.

As for the Hull noise, I am very intrigued.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Just a thought, I've heard that if wind frequencies match that of a suspension bridge it can interact. There was a case of a bridge somewhere in the US violently collapsing because of this. A lot of people are saying it was quite windy in Hull that night

With low frequency sounds, it can be hard to tell where they are coming from and the noise can be carried by the wind... my theory is this - The wind frequency causes the Humber bridge to vibrate at an unusual frequency and the wind is blowing down river towards Hedon. A possibility is that the sound of the vibrations are reflected off the river into the sky and bounce back down. Hedon receives a combination of the sound carried in the wind and down off the lower atmosphere causing a magnified version of the sound to be heard across the area. At the point of the sound stopping, the bridges natural frequency returns to normal

Possible?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
CERN LAND

Go to this link
Choose your language
Wave your cursor over the transparent balls to produce frequency hums

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

in all honesty although your theory has some merit as in resonant frequencies can make things vibrate and break but it has to be pretty constant and consistent especially on such a structure so i really dont think its the case this time,
i used to live right near humber bridge on livingstone road and have been on that bridge many windy nights and also lived in hessle recently and never heard anything of the kind from the bridge, surely if that was the case it would happen a few times a year?.

also the recording really does sound like a propeller plane.

thanks

rich
edit on 29-10-2010 by RICH-ENGLAND because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
CERN LAND

Go to this link
Choose your language
Wave your cursor over the transparent balls to produce frequency hums

Thanks a bunch mate, bookmarked and doing its thing in the background, well worth a hit!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I know it is a bit unlikely but a theory none the less. Haven't been able to listen to it yet as at work and only got tinny little speakers. Will have a listen later!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
i live in grimsby and i hear the same noise about once amonth. it comes then it goes but when it comes it really is a deep loud rumble sound. dont forget that we have donna nook near by so they could be test flying things at night.. we have had alot of ufo activity lately around the east coast. might be worth while having alook out at donna nook one night....

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
just read this on the hull daily mail website, a reply from the civil aviation authority to a mr mike covell regarding hull's airspace and rules, it pretty much says there are no rules and aircraft aren't required to speak to the towers and all aircraft aren't individually tracked so we may never get an explanation. :

Dear Mr Covell,
Thank you for your e-mail regarding a low flying aircraft over Kingston upon Hull; I have been asked to respond in my capacity as a focal point for aviation related environmental enquiries and I trust that you will find the following information useful. Firstly, I must point out that the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) is not directly involved in the provision of air traffic control services and does not monitor individual aircraft movements; consequently, I am unable to confirm the operator of this aircraft and provide further information regarding this specific incident. However, the following information explains the airspace structure above Kingston-upon-Hull and the rules and procedures that apply to aircraft operating within it.

Civil pilots must always observe the Rules of the Air (RoA) Regulations, which state that aeroplanes (including helicopters) are not permitted to overfly a congested area(1) of a city, town, or settlement below a height of 1,000 feet above the highest fixed obstacle within a horizontal radius of 600 metres of the aircraft. Away from congested areas, aircraft are not permitted to fly within 500 feet of any person, vessel, vehicle or structure. It should be noted that this is a minimum distance, not a minimum height; the distance can be measured in any direction, not necessarily vertically. However, please note that over congested areas, the 1,000 foot rule is relaxed for the purposes of landing and taking off from a Government or licensed aerodrome. Over un-congested areas the 500 foot rule is relaxed for the purpose of landing and taking off.

Should you consider that an aircraft breached these regulations, then the CAA may be able to investigate and, if appropriate, prosecute. However, before the matter can be pursued through the courts, there would be a requirement placed upon the CAA to provide a high level of positive evidence, particularly identification of the aircraft and details of supporting witnesses. Therefore, in any instance where you feel an aircraft has breached the RoA regulations, it would be most helpful if you could provide the aircraft registration (usually on the underside of a wing and/or the side of the fuselage, e.g. five letters starting with ¿G¿ for UK registered aircraft and ¿N¿ for American registered aircraft) or details of any other witnesses of whom you are aware who may be willing to assist our enquiries. As long as the RoA are not breached, the flying activity can be deemed entirely legitimate.

It is a possibility that the aircraft in question may have belonged to the Military. Although they will, wherever possible, try to minimise the impact of their operations, military aircraft are not bound by the RoA regulations due to the very nature of the operations that they are required to train for and carry out. The CAA has no authority over military aviation as this remains the responsibility of the Ministry of Defence (MoD). Whilst I will log the details of your enquiry onto our database, I would recommend contacting the MoD Complaints and Enquiries Unit, as they may be able to provide further information regarding this particular incident. Please use the following details should you wish to contact them regarding this matter:

Finally, I have attached a number of environmental information documents that may be of some use. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further information or should you require clarification of any point. Regards, Mark

Mike Covell, Hull

www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk...

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
wrong thread, my bad
edit on 10/29/2010 by BobbinHood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Is it possible this humming is only being heard by people who have been upducted by aliens? I have not heard any humming. I've traveled all over the east coast in the last two weeks, staying in different cities and have not heard any humming.

Could this be a reaction to something that would have been put in someones brain?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join