It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery of loud humming noise heard over city

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Interesting article - twisting the earths crust - that doesn't sound good. Heard a hum last week a day or two before we got the midwest storms.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

Im from hull too but i was asleep at that time lastnight.

They are saying now that it could be russians because we have had to scramble jets to them a couple of times in the last week. but if it was russians how did they get so far in land and why wasnt no jets at the time or afterwards?

maybe people have mistaken the eurofighters noise and it was them heading out to sea, if so then maybe thats why the military have denied it.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Good point.

Wish i was awake as i live in the east and probs would of heard it

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by opal13

she is still only a pup one year old tuesday gone. the earlier rumblings rattled her a bit. her sensing is remarkable and i am currently training her for the winter mountain season. first time i took her to the shoreline, she jumped into my lap yelping when a wave crashed in! couple of weeks ago she watched a meteorite fall into morecambe bay. she was the one who stopped, looked around and upwards. i am learning her ways as she has one hell of a set of radars!
f

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

eurofighters have frequented my neck of the woods a number of times doing short take off and landings, aerobatics and afterburner. what i heard last night did not correlate to the sig of a typhoon.
f

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by fakedirt

eurofighters have frequented my neck of the woods a number of times doing short take off and landings, aerobatics and afterburner. what i heard last night did not correlate to the sig of a typhoon.
f

ok mate, i didn't hear it so im just hypothesising, and yes the typhoon makes an unmistakable noise, i watched it at farnborough this year, the only jet at the show that made a similar noise was an F-18.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I live in west Hull and I heard it as clear as day. Sounded like a wing of russian bombers to me.
This ties in with the link below..
www.dailymail.co.uk...
It went on for what seemed about 10 mins.
Was definatly no jets and sounded absolutely nothing like a helicopter as some suggest. I thought it must be what the blitz sounded like without the bombs!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TreX-UK
Well is it possibly that it was a Russian bomber?

Link to Article on RAF Interception this week

that high pitched moaning is exactly what i would expect to here from a TU95

I listened to the sound a few posts back and i've heard it before. Infact, before i'd heard it I was hoping it would sound like it did because its a sound i'll never forget from my childhood. I lived in the Northwest UK half way between Liverpool and Manchester and you'd often hear that sound on a Sunday. Occasionally you'd catch a glimpse of a really large plane with a big bulbous front passing overhead, I specifically remember that it appeared to be going quite slow. Even thought it was high up, the noise it put out was phenomenal. Now, as a kid I remember being interested in the plane and once on a visit to Manchester airport, I saw it there, It was a huge "Guppy".
a quick google turns up some pictures of the monster, www.google.co.uk... QsAQwAA&biw=1175&bih=747

So I concur with your thoughts on the Russian (or other) aircraft, cruising around in our airspace. The sound recording is definitely the same as a large prop driven airplane. As i remember they tend to schedule them outside of busy flight times.

edit on 28-10-2010 by ceetee because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2010 by ceetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Funny this has come up.
I live in Peterborough 80 miles from Hum and i also heard this noise,
It was around 2am i was awake due to insomnia, i have a fridge in my room and i heard this low hum.
Window was open so i paused the TV and still heard it.
Thought it was the fridge and unplugged that and noise still carried on.
I admit this did frighten me, as someone terrified of the concept of the end of the world, this little thing scared me.
There was nothing in the air i looked and nothing to explain this.
I think it would probably be more to do with the earth's crust.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Something is up.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Could be the Ruskies, could be Eurofighter, could be natural......

But something is going to kick off in Hull Ive always known it.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Surprised how many of us are from Hull.

I dint hear it but my daughter heard the full 10mins. Freaked her out.

Ive just listened to the recording, was defo a bit freaky.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyOvHull
I live in west Hull and I heard it as clear as day. Sounded like a wing of russian bombers to me.
This ties in with the link below..
www.dailymail.co.uk...
It went on for what seemed about 10 mins.
Was definatly no jets and sounded absolutely nothing like a helicopter as some suggest. I thought it must be what the blitz sounded like without the bombs!

ive just been looking on a few different hull websites and many people are saying they heard a propeller plane but id be extremely surprised if a russian TU 95 bear made it inland without being shot down, unless it developed a fault and was given permission to land somewhere.

the Tu 160 blackjack is supposedly slightly stealthy so would stand a better chance to make it towards land but still doubtful and it isn't a prop plane anyway.

thanks

rich
edit on 28-10-2010 by RICH-ENGLAND because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jehova620
Surprised how many of us are from Hull.

Why is it the Russians would be buzzing us again? They already took the piss when then had that nuke bomber off the Humber last year. What is the purpose, I wonder if it was Prezza who gave Putin his black eye today?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
here's an earlier thread about a TU 160 blackjack making it to within 20 miles of hull undetected from 2008.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

any of you hull guys got playstation 3 then feel free to add me RICH_OV_HULL

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by fakedirt
some angry noises in the heaven last night around 21:00 wed on the west coast of cumbria.i was on the shore line with husky. the wind was around 45mph. at 00:15 approx a loud humming resonated for half hour. quite strange.
f

I'm on the West Coast of Cumbria and i heard this too, i was lying in bed and thought it was odd, sounded like an old prop plane, but as you say, it lasted for quite sometime....wonder if its related?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

i have the good fortune of having a bedroom window that resonates at certain frequencies! my missus heard it as well although she was half asleep she commented on what it could be. the overcast clouds last night were a really dark blue more like a blanket. i am wondering if this cloud system allows this or other resonances to propagate. i have never heard that sound before.
f

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

Yeah, Tracy, my lass, heard it also, were having some pretty strong winds with rain round here, so it's possible it may even just have been wind blowing through something around the streets, bit of a coincidence, eh marra, strange things huh

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

the winds on the beach last night were refreshing to say the least. no doubt these things will continue to compel us to learn more. i myself would not rule anything out at this stage. btw i have seen foos over the years when i have been scanning the old calder hall from eskdale way and black combe. superfast and fun to watch. got another pad at the mo within the nuclear triangle.
f

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobbinHood
I found a recording of the sound

Check it out at the bottom of the article here: www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk...

It sounds like a plane to me. Whatever it is starts out high pitched and gradually gets lower, meaning whatever it is is moving past the person who recorded it. (due to the doppler effect)

Im listening to it now and it...seems different.. Its very low and i have planes fly literally right over my head (not an airport but college aviation students) and havent heard that before (type of plane i suppose) Its very eerie too. Not to mention if it was a plane I can see lasting maybe 5 min 10 min tops if circling. But 30 min or so? No one seems to have seen anything. I hope they find out soon.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by muckyman

hmmm very wierd....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join