It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery of loud humming noise heard over city

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

i doubt it mate, hundreds of people maybe thousands heard it, im not much oe a believer in abductions but i dont see it as impossible but if true i really doubt that this amount of people would have been abducted in one area.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I heard a loud sound similar to what I imagine a space shuttle rocket booster sounds like when it's preparing to take off. The sound lasted about 5 minutes and then slowly faded away. I have no idea where it was coming from. There are no military bases nearby. There is an airport here, but this didn't sound anything like a jet engine and I was about 6 miles away from the airport when I heard this sound. I was in a public place and everyone around me sort of stopped in their tracks and looked around like 'WTF.' This was about 2 months ago at about 10 pm. I am in Lafayette, LA
edit on 29-10-2010 by simkelxo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye
reply to post by Jason88

Could it have been John Prescott's laxatives kicking in?

Sorry, genuinely interesting snippet I'll look out for more on this for sure.

He said hum not a 5.3 on the sphincter scale

Korg.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Yet another Hullensian here, (as you might guess from my nickname!)
I heard this noise early hours of Thursday morning, just like the recording, but very much louder. As if, whatever it was, passed right over head.
What it reminded me of, was the humming sound of a bomber in an old WW2 movie.
edit on 29/10/10 by airliebird58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by airliebird58
Yet another Hullensian here, (as you might guess from my nickname!)
I heard this noise early hours of Thursday morning, just like the recording, but very much louder. As if, whatever it was, passed right over head.
What it reminded me of, was the humming sound of a bomber in an old WW2 movie.
edit on 29/10/10 by airliebird58 because: (no reason given)

I'm from just across the water from you guys and I didn't hear anything. I was up until 3am last night playing Oblivion so would have thought I would have heard it, so maybe localized around aiHull?

Korg.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Anyone remmber the 2008 earthquake that was at around the same time at night? The sound was quite like the anomalous noise if I remember right. Is there are link at all?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
i dont think so. this place had more to do with the earthquake then anything....

skydock.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

I think there may be something put into people when there born, maybe like a tracking device for aliens. This would cause a humming sound.

I still have not heard it. I've asked around and no one in my part of the world has heard it either.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This kind of HUMMING phenomenon could be any one of several possibilities. It could be geological in origin and might indicate that an earth tremor is imminent, although we do not have earthquakes that often in the UK however I am reliably informed based on statistical analysis that we are expecting one to hit us. Another possibility is that this is the side affect of a long range radar being directed at the British Isles from the Russian Federation or from North America ? My own opinion is that this HUMMING is a manifestation of the paranormal. Such HUMMING is very often preceeding the appearance of an UFO or a poltergheist activity. Traditionally these HUMMING sounds were associated with the manifestation of the fairy folks. On the other hand it might be that a propeller driven transport aircraft like as a Hercules was for whatever reason flying into a strong high altitude wind [the jet stream] and was thus basically in a fixed position above the ground below ? There is also the possibility that this HUMMING was a period of "electromagnetic decompression" leading to a frost in the area ?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic23
Anyone remmber the 2008 earthquake that was at around the same time at night? The sound was quite like the anomalous noise if I remember right. Is there are link at all?

Yes I remember the quake, I'm not a good sleeper lol. I remember that was a rumbling that I could actually feel, as well as hear, coming towards you then moving away.
This to me, as I said before, sounded just like a WW2 bomber. It seemed like it passed right overhead, but what was a little strange was there was no sound distortion as it moved away (Dopler Effect?) as you normally get when a plane goes over head. The sound just slowly faded away.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobbinHood
I found a recording of the sound

Check it out at the bottom of the article here: www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk...

It sounds like a plane to me. Whatever it is starts out high pitched and gradually gets lower, meaning whatever it is is moving past the person who recorded it. (due to the doppler effect)

Sounds like a C-130 to me - you can often hear them when they're climbing.

2nd line.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
No new info here, just appreciation of the "case". I realise this is yesterday's news but it's interesting none the less and well worth reading for anyone who's case hungry. The first hand accounts have been interesting to read, and the new audio clip is great. Shady deals with the Russians in exchange for some permitted night-time reconassance? The north of England has been a hub of activity the last few days, good on 'em!

Definitely a plane but I won't dismiss a ghost plane theory
Mind you there's a significant lack of any ghost plane tales from Humberside, but closer to Sheffield/Rotherham...certainly a few. And the audio sounds like a plane I heard a few years back on a clear night but also couldn't identify its 20...

And I also wanted to agree the earthquake thing was cool, I had a friend in Lincoln and was chatting her up on MSN at the time so she gave me a few moments warning, which I'll be forever greatful for - because I managed to reach and poke my head out the window as it tremored across silent Oxfordshire fields. And that sound was epic, but not in the slightest similar to the one captured in relation to this noise over Hull.

Still, good stuff - even better now there's audio, I hope it's heard elsewhere. Which also adds more mystery, because if it was flying inland it should have been heard from East to West of the entire country judging by that sound, and north - south etc. So unless it was doing a long turn or climbing to an in-audible altitude in a pretty short space it was probably an ad campaign for The Event.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Mystery solved.

Antonov 12, serial UR-CBF, was in the UK during that period.

The Antonov 12 is a Ukranian designed aircraft from the Soviet era. A very loud turbo-prop aircraft.

www.airliners.net...

Noted on the following aircraft enthusiast website transiting over from Manchester going east over the Midlands later on during the morning.

www.civilianaviation.co.uk...

Operated by Aerovis Airlines in the Ukraine

en.wikipedia.org...

TJ
edit on 30-10-2010 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

MYSTERY NOT SOLVED!

From the HDM facebook page

HULL Daily MAIL thisishull Latest on the mystery hum: A Ukrainian Antonov 12 transport plane was not to blame, according to Aerovis Airlines. A spokesman for the firm said none of its aircraft have been flying over the East Riding in the past few weeks.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
A few nights ago I heard a weird humming sound and I'm pretty sure it was a snow plow truck. I had to sit there and listen to the sound for a good 3 minutes and it was weird. but pretty sure that's what it was.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyOvHull
reply to post by tommyjo

MYSTERY NOT SOLVED!

From the HDM facebook page

HULL Daily MAIL thisishull Latest on the mystery hum: A Ukrainian Antonov 12 transport plane was not to blame, according to Aerovis Airlines. A spokesman for the firm said none of its aircraft have been flying over the East Riding in the past few weeks.

Thanks for the reply. I also contacted Aerovis on the subject. My theory was that is has transited on its way to Belfast International where it had been noted operating at.

From the recording it is still clear that it is a turbo-prop aircraft. I see that some of the people still believe that they were visited by a Tu-95 Bear bomber.

TJ

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
You have to see this topic about the sound.

HUmming sound / helicopter like noise

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I have said in more than a few of the "die off" threads, we are witnessing the beginnings of the "birth pangs". Prepare for more to come at a more frequent rate.

You can feel that the pressure is building, the top is about to blow and all hell is going to be let loose.

Raist

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Been reading this thread after trying to discover what a noise heard in early hours this morning was, it's 1st Feb 2011 and at approx 2.20am was woken by what sounded like a slow loud plane passing over, seemed to take an age to pass by and sounded like an old propellor plane (or a whole fleet!) , have heard this noise before and at similar time of night. Am in South Cumbria.We get Hercules planes going over frequently during the day but they pass by much more quickly. The sound seemed to resonate for ages last night. Did anyone else hear it?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by katycat

i'm in s cumbria also. it is happening with regular frequency. i suspect that now the nimrods have been scrapped, it may be craft with contra-rotating props. funny thing is i think the only craft with that setup are russian. perhaps we have outsourced our security to the ruskies through the cheapest tender!!?
f

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join