It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe: Bankrun on 7th December 2010

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
December 7, 2010
This is what I am going to do in NC, USA.

I am going to strike. I am not going to work.
I am withdrawing all I have out of my bank account.
I am not gonna eat at any public restaurant.
I will not solicit any business establishment (except to withdraw funds).
I will not purchase any gasoline.
I will not purchase any products or goods or services.
I am gonna fast and pray to God for his divine intervention.

And everything I'm doing is perfectly legal.
Let the chips fall where they may and let
God's will be done.

I am NOT asking anyone to join me or participate
or act or inciting violence in any way.
I am just relating my intentions.

edit on 10/28/2010 by boondock-saint because: clarifying

This is the contract. December 7th 2010: I think everyone should do it. Email it, SMS text it, print it, speak it. News of this should scare them all white cold.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
i think its a great idea...of course it would cause a lot of chaos if i actually happened..but i think the idea is to actually scare the governments so much that actually going through with it isnt necessary.

the governments have stopped listening to protests..they ignore them...and when they do that they MAKE people take other actions....thats why protests are so important..and have to be listened to...because they are the only thing that stops people having to take other measures..violence is not acceptable...so this seems like a good way t force governments to listen..

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

The global monetary collapse is imminent anyway,we need to help it along,pull a card out of the deck that the elite did not know existed nor expect. Money is their power over you.

Ha, ha, that's what I say. That's why I closed my accounts long ago.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCar

my god...

there are 2 chances-> u have no money so u can do that ,or u are stupid.

If u all want that bankrun concider that, if there are too much people that ur bank could be bankrupt after a short period of time. 3 days later and ur money will be gone for good.

I for myself need that money.

edit on 29-10-2010 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kauskau

my god...

If u all want that bankrun concider that, if there too much people that ur bank could be bankrupt after a short period of time. 3 days later and ur money will be gone for good.

if you take it out...how can you lose it?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienesque

Because we use FIAT currency. As soon as this system goes down the drain, so will the value of your paper money. All these morons supporting a bank run apparently want to use their dollar and euro bills as toilet paper.

Don't get me? Look up the Weimar Republic or Zimbabwe as a more recent example.

You guys really don't know what you wish for. Why can't people understand that we're in between a rock and a hard place: the evil bankers on one side and massive unrest on the other. Unrest as in hunger, death, destruction and war. Less likely: a relatively peaceful Soviet-style collapse, which lead ''only'' to enormous poverty. I wouldn't count on that. The US military certainly doesn't:

For the first time ever, the US military is deploying an active duty regular Army combat unit for full-time use inside the United States to deal with emergencies, including potential civil unrest. source

Call me weak, but I prefer the former. I rather be enslaved than going to war. Ask yourself: what's the best way to deal with internal unrest? Creating a common enemy. It's very speculative, but it wouldn't surprise me if it all starts with Iran and ends with China.

Besides, we shouldn't forget that this very system has brought not just bankers, but also you and me extreme wealth. Our kids can go to school, we can afford to buy a house (many), a car and enjoy relative freedom.

edit on 29-10-2010 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Originally posted by alienesque

Because we use FIAT currency. As soon as this system goes down the drain, so will the value of your paper money. All these morons supporting a bank run apparently want to use their dollar and euro bills as toilet paper.

Don't get me? Look up the Weimar Republic or Zimbabwe as a more recent example.

You guys really don't know what you wish for. Why can't people understand that we're in between a rock and a hard place: the evil bankers on one side and massive unrest on the other. Unrest as hunger, death, destruction and war. Less likely a relatively peaceful Soviet-style collapse, which lead ''only'' to enormous poverty. I wouldn't count on that. The US military certainly doesn't:

For the first time ever, the US military is deploying an active duty regular Army combat unit for full-time use inside the United States to deal with emergencies, including potential civil unrest. source

Call me weak, but I prefer the former. I rather be enslaved than going to war. Ask yourself: what's the best way to deal with internal unrest? Creating a common enemy. It's very speculative, but it wouldn't surprise me if it all starts with Iran and ends with China.

Besides, we shouldn't forget that this very system has brought not just bankers, but also you and me extreme wealth. Our kids can go to school, we can afford to buy a house (many), a car and enjoy relative freedom.

edit on 29-10-2010 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

1.the system is built in a way that it HAS to crash one day..
2.the system has made YOU rich..and me...the vast majority of people on earth are hungry..poor..and downtrodden...all because of this system.

there are better ways...and as i say...the system has to crash one day anyway..so why not just get it over with..on our terms?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

because-> u got to be quick. and if a lot of people do it only the first 10 000 get their money

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Reading in comments section of a yahoo article about "bank bashing" one reader is calling for a GLOBAL run on the banks first week of dec,they read my mind!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDeader

Great initiative!
Ass we all know, democracy is a political form of government in which governing power is derived from the people, so I think it is time to remind them who we are!
And just see it as a signal not a total collapse, don't let change scare you!
There are pages popping up all over facebook and the internet 'StopBanque'... Don't just support act!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

It' not about the money, it's about the signal!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

reply to post by alienesque

because-> u got to be quick. and if a lot of people do it only the first 10 000 get their money

you know what...your right...

theres a problem here...well..not a problem..but if enough people say they are prepared to do this..then the people who are not prepared have got to join in too...or risk losing their money...it may even come about that in the days/weeks leading up to 7th december that people start to remove their cash..just to make sure they get it at all...

this may actually happen..
edit on 29-10-2010 by alienesque because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Interesting theory, but I’m wondering exactly how many people actually have money left in the bank to withdraw.

It is generally believed that approximately fifty percent of people live paycheck to paycheck. Further, less than a third of all wage earners are able to set aside $100 per month in savings.

Now, there are a lot of people who say the blame for that predicament falls squarely on those who are living beyond their means.

Here's an interesting point. Many of those unable to save are home owners with mortgages. If you assume they've got a $150,000 mortgage at the current interest rate ammortized over 25 years, you're paying on average $250 a month in interest. And, that figure is rather skewed because at the front end of a mortgage, your interest payments are actually higher with less going toward the principle. As your mortgage is paid down, those numbers invert. Guess who's getting your hard-earned dollars.

The banks.

Who is it that tells you that a mortgage is 'good debt'?

The banks.

Who is it good for?

Certainly not us. I challenge anyone here to tell me how working my arse off to give somebody else my money is 'good' for me. How many of you would randomly toss $5 bills out your car window just for the heck of it, after somebody said it was a 'good thing' to do? It is a really really really stupid premise.

Now, start adding interest on car loans, credit card interest, student loans interest, lines of credit and the like and your numbers really start adding up. Add to that the statutory withholdings that go to income tax and the like and I can pretty much bet that half of what you earn is gone before you even see it.

Think about it . . . those who work Monday through Friday actually spend your time lining the pockets of everyone but yourself until about noon on Wednesday.

It's the system, folks. It sucks and we're the only ones who can say enough is enough. Stop the madness . . . the stupidity . . . end this endless charade of rolling onto our backs like beaten dogs just for the right to get kicked in the arse again and again and again.

Here's a doozy . . . If you have a credit card and pay off the balance monthly, you're credit score is actually lower than if you carry a balance. Banks look 'favorably' on those who carry a balance and penalize your credit rating of you pay off monthly. Can you see the bullcrap there? Forced into paying the banks interest so you can have a good enough reputation for them to loan you more money so they can collect more interest and enslave you for most of your life. Hell, they've even got cute little guys in tights on television singing about how to pay somebody to tell you if your credit score is good enought for you to go buy something so you can pay more interest thus leaving less for you and lining the pockets of some over-fed fat-arsed banker.

Too big to fail my ass . . . there's another fallacy into which too many people have bought . . . more like too big to ingnore because we'll take away your campaign financing and you'll have to go to work like the rest of us schleps . . . (my apologies for the digression . . . but I'm pissed!)

Oh yeah, for those keeping score at home . . . that $150,000 mortgage will cost you approximately $78,000 in interest over the life of that mortgage. Meanwhile, back at the outhouse, most of us can't save a dime.

Where does it all end?

In my humble opinion, it isn't by hauling my $78.57 out of my bank account and hoping that everyone else does the same thing to send a 'message' to the bankers. You'd be better off writing You suck and I hate you on a paper and jamming it down the neck of a wine bottle and floating it out to sea. It'll have the same end result. Somebody will eventually get that 'message' and giggle their fool ass off at the sender.

The only way to put an end to it is to get off the treadmill.

We must collectively say 'no more' to the banks. No more interest. No more buying on credit. No more working half of our careers away to feed those who sit on their collective arses and make money from us by taking some of that money every month and paying the media to tell us what we need to buy . . . the shiny new car . . . the $150 pair of sneakers . . . the $500 cell phone that we pay another $70 a month to use . . . the 60-inch plasma television so we're all comfortable in watching them continually tell us what we need to buy . . . what we need to get . . . how big our house should be . . . what prepared tastey foods to eat . . .

Stop the madness.

About two years ago, I had somewhat of an epiphany in that I sat down and figured out how much I was paying in interest just to survive (well, survive according to their rules). I said enough is enough. I cut up every credit card I owned and struggled like hell to pay them off. I've got a year to go on two leased cars after which I will never lease again, and never buy an new vehicle again rather I'll get me a relatively reliable vehicle and learn how to keep it together for as long as possible until I have to get another relatively reliable vehicle and let the cycle begin again. I will pay my mortgage off as soon as humanely possible so as to not give the greedy fat-cats a single cent more of my money than I have to. If I'm 'amputating' anything, it's going to be the feeding tube running from my wallet to the nineth chin on some Wall Street fat cat.

If I can't afford to pay for something in cash, I will not buy it. I don't need steak three times a week, rather I've become rather adept at economical meals such as pasta . . . soups . . . stews . . . and the like. I've cut my food bills by a third. I only buy things 'on sale' and stock up on the essentials. So I've got 200 rolls of crap-wipe in my basement but I can assure you I didn't buy any of that toilet paper at 'regular price'. Same goes with canned goods, dried pasta, cooking supplies and any other disposable goods I may use down the road.

I have a fireplace that remains stoked most of the winter, effectively cutting my heating bills in half and I keep the curtains open during the day to help heat in the winter months. The same curtains remain closed in the summer to help keep things cool.

The reality is that the banks have their fingers in every level of our lives . . . from the loans they're gouging interest from the farmers . . . the bailouts to the folks that build our cars . . . the construction industry that builds our houses, roads and infrastructure . . . right down to the governments that spend way beyond their means to keep us living the life that the 'powers that be' tell us we need to live.

I challenge everyone on ATS . . . and beyond . . . to take a few hours this weekend to get out a paper and pencil and figure out what they're doing fiscally on their own front to stop the madness. Find out where you can save a few bucks here and there daily. By the end of the month, that adds up. Use that money to get out of debt. Pay off those cards. Get rid of those lines of credit. Wipe out those interest-burdened mortgage payments and start keeping your money for you.

Put it in a shoe box, pencil case, safe, pocketbook, money belt . . . use it to stock up on the things you'll need when (not if) they system implodes because it is coming. We cannot sustain the way we live. It is not possible.

Taking your pittance out of banks is a nice message, but at the end of the day, the banks still have you by the short-n-curlies.

The only way to hit them hard is to stop feeding them your hard earned money.

Yes, there are ramifications of doing this, but it in the grand scheme of things, it is the shortest term pain to correct a system that is fraught with greed, thievery, and trickery.

Stop feeding the monster, folks.

It is the only way it will change.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I don't think the peasants have enough money in the banks to cause a crash with a bank run.
Strikes and bank runs are really counter-productive IMO.
Dunno why people think that stopping work and taking a tiny portion of money away from the big boys will fix the economy and magically create new jobs..

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

my god...

If u all want that bankrun concider that, if there are too much people that ur bank could be bankrupt after a short period of time. 3 days later and ur money will be gone for good.

If you need your money (who doesn't) take it out while you can.

They cannot take your money, keep you from your money, or only allow you to have how much of it that THEY deem you should have, if you have it at home in a fireproof safe.

You are getting no interest on it. It is safer under YOUR lock and key.

That includes your 401K, IRA, etc. also.

Get out while you can.

In a ponzi scheme, which is exactly what fractional banking is, the last ones out lose it all.
edit on 29-10-2010 by Common Scarecrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Well that about sum's it up.

People will have to actually wake up and have the discipline to do this, but I am not sure people's vanity, and ego's will let them.

When does it all change for the better?

reply to post by GoalPoster

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Why is this thread not in the front page anymore? Afraid that it becomes viral?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manula
Why is this thread not in the front page anymore? Afraid that it becomes viral?

Exactly what I was thinking.

It went from number one to being buried.

So much for freedom of speech.

I guess that only counts if the ones with the power to edit agree with you.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Scarecrow

Its becoming viral anyway...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I just asked a question about this on an Irish forum and the thread was almost immediately locked.I presume it won't be long before it disappears.The forum is pretty liberal so I'm kind of spooked at the 'cut his mike' reaction.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join