It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe: Bankrun on 7th December 2010

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDeader

Has there been any hard write-ups on this in English?

I note with some disdain the lack of prominence such a popular idea has gotten in the media circles (including ATS for that matter).

NSA/Google isn't showing anything thus far in the News section news.google.com...

But there are some hits developing on the web www.google.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Is there anyway we could move the date up to sometime mid-November? I don't think the dollar is going to make it to December 7th.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

Originally posted by GoalPoster

Don't be messin' with the banksters cuz they'll just get their politico-puppets to order in a whole bunch of whup arse.

Why wait for their slaves in Gov't to respond, when their private Blackwater type armies are standing by.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Some of us have been there before, the middle 60's in Paris, even with a million in the streets it is difficult to shake the resolve of the money/control people. In a bank run one would need millions of people in many countries doing the same thing at the same time to have any real effect, the street banks will have protocol for this sort of thing and the merchant banks would not be heavily affected. It requires cooperation on a grand scale, in europe the 'unity' is merely a phrase the govs like to use to make it sound good. Brussels wastes many GNP's every year on bored idiot suggestions, and many people know about it but no-one does anything about it, that is why our taxes are being pushed again and again, cause they know we won't do anything serious about it. After all we have TV, good food, nice cars, etc etc, why would we revolt..? What purpose would it serve..?

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDeader

Bad idea. Only 1/10th of money is stored in banks. By decree of The Federal Reserve this is how it works. So only 1/10th of the money in the world is "real" money.

If everyone were to take their money out of the banks on December 7th (which is impossible by the way) it would break the system and there would be riots, because most people would inevitably walk away empty handed with their savings completely gone.

The FDIC which insures bank accounts up to $200,000 for each account, cannot refund account holders their money immediately. So this is a really bad idea.

edit on 31-10-2010 by windwaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

What if their puppets create a law which will force people to keep the money in the banks?

Will violence make sense then?

That rule already exists. I think I heard of a bill passing earlier this year that will allow the banks to hold your money in your bank account (prevent you from withdrawing) for a certain amount of time in case of an emergency.

Can someone verify?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

Hey Guys, as you can see my name here is Tom-Bola...
My name when i do my things for "stopbanque" is different...

ref=tswww.facebook.com...

This is the link to the english version with all info and links!

Remeber that it is about the signal, so people start remebering who is actually in control!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It seems that our biggest problem is that the banks AREN'T Nationalized and are not under a Republic, NOT Democracy... Our for fathers had a dream and that was to make sure that we were a Republic.

A Democracy will always leave the rights of those that pay the most taxes out of the loop. A Republic is a gov't based in law not vote of numbers.

When you leave our monetary system to capitalist, greed becomes will become rampant and when politicians become lobbiest sympathizers we are destined to lose.

I think most people or citizens of this world no longer see that the problems arent the Banks, Politicians, Corruption or even the High Elite Class, its the System itself. It seems like the System is design to be based in Artificial Intelligence, to be Self Relient and if threated will seek its own survival. Whether it sacrifices people along the way, it doesn't care... it's designed for one thing only... to keep the status quo.

Fox

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDeader

Europe: Bankrun on 7th December 2010

jetzt.sueddeutsche.de

As source is in german, here my translation:
The ongoing protests in France had no effect on the politics. Unimpressed by millions of people on the street and refusing to work, the french governement has passed the pension reform bill. French activists now have enough of simple protesting. "Anyway the real power is in the hands of international banks and cooperations" are the words of the activists who call for a bankrun on December 7th to get the politicans attention
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
stopbanque.blogsport.de
www.alterinfo.net

Hi,

I'm a little puzzled. The French government (like many others in and outside of Europe) is facing up to a crisis - globally, previous administrations spent more money than they actually had to spend. This is leading to austerity measures that mean in the instance most French militants - and yes they are on the whole militants - have gone on strike about, state pension age is rising by two years. As a result of this said militants are planning a bank run which means they will take more money out of the economy which means in theory the government will have less money available so at some point further austerity measures will be required to account for that......... and most of you seem to think this is a good thing?

I don't know the French banking system, but I'm assuming that not all if any French banks are government controlled. This means affecting a non government controlled financial system that would either then a) feel no impact, b) be impacted but not significantly or c) heavily impacted, causing the risk of it failing which may force the government to assist and guess what!! Spend more public money in doing so therefore reducing the amount available in the public purse!!!

I'm not sure I see the real logic to this - you may all talk about 'sticking one on the PTB', you could equally talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face...
edit on 1-11-2010 by something wicked because: for clarity

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I have to say I agree completely. I don't really get it.

Yes a bank run if done by enough people will cause the banks to take notice.. but that's it. The only people who will feel the actual effects are the parents who go to get some cash out and find out they can't meaning they can't feed their kids. The people who didn't join in being royally f'cked and no doubt the banks making some new clause to say you can only withdraw (ie have back!) so much of your money a day.

It's like rioting in your own neighbour hood or city! Yeah get pissed off that the government says you have to work an extra two years and cut back on expenses to prevent the country going bankrupt and you having no electricity, water, gas etc. Then trash the area you live in and everyone elses property, the small business owners who are working their arse off to make a living. Makes great sense that eh?!

I think if people want to riot, they should use their heads, and take it DIRECTLY to the people you have an issue with. IE, government buildings, embassies, banking headquarters etc. Don't trash your own stuff, trash theirs! 200,000 protesters smashing down the doors and windows to the big commercial bank offices?! THAT they would notice! *

* ( Not that I would ever condone any sort of action as stated above, and the situation explained is purely a hypothetical situation with no relation to my personal opinion, and please note rioting and prolonged protests can be detrimental to you health and freedom... although may help with weight loss as part of a calorie controlled diet )

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Hope this is not too far off topic here. I don't have enough points to open a new thread.

Inspired by this thread I was looking where to shift my US dollars. I thought of a stellar idea. I have an off-shore Forex broker where my funds are stored in Swiss Francs. They also trade gold and silver. I am transferring a good portion of my cash out of my US account into my trading account. My plan was to buy some Silver contracts with my Swiss Francs.

HERE'S THE CLINCHER...

I've just found that as of October 25th, US accounts are unable to trade gold and silver. I'm checking into this to find out if this was a new US regulation. If it is... it's big news. Anyone ran into this with their off-shore broker? I'm waiting for more information and will post it here if anyone is interested.

What bad timing! The Swissy might be partially safe since a portion of the currency is still backed by gold. But back in 2000 with the referendum, the Swiss started selling off their gold.
edit on 2-11-2010 by CodeRed3D because: spelling

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CodeRed3D

I've just found that as of October 25th, US accounts are unable to trade gold and silver. I'm checking into this to find out if this was a new US regulation. If it is... it's big news. Anyone ran into this with their off-shore broker? I'm waiting for more information and will post it here if anyone is interested.

Oh my, that would indeed seem like a repetition of history; shortly before WW2.

Originally posted by CodeRed3D
What bad timing! The Swissy might be partially safe since a portion of the currency is still backed by gold. But back in 2000 with the referendum, the Swiss started selling off their gold.

Yeah, I'm still not sure if this was really such a good idea. But meh, you can sell most people anything if there is a short-term prospect of much cash. I gotta check the satus of the gold-selloff.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swordbeast
Yeah, I'm still not sure if this was really such a good idea. But meh, you can sell most people anything if there is a short-term prospect of much cash. I gotta check the satus of the gold-selloff.

Well my thought is, what use is hard gold and silver assets in my house? All the US has to do is pass through legislation to make it illegal to trade gold and silver as currency. That has already been threatened.

Opening a trade in silver in many respects is better than owning hard assets, because you don't have to find someone who is interested in buying those assets. Unfortunately, if you trade gold or silver through a US Forex Broker, ultimately, you'd be trading in US dollars. Well any number multiplied by zero is ZERO. At least with the Swissy backed by gold, there is no way for that currency to reach bottom even if the dollar does fail.

But it has been confirmed that US regulation as of October 25th prevents any US citizen from trading Gold or Silver with an overseas broker. At least that is what the Bank is telling me. So that effectively prevents any US citizen from using any other currency but the USD to trade gold or silver. The writing is on the wall folks. Get the bulk of your money out of the USD! I will post a link to the actual regulation here soon. I'm awaiting an email back from the Swiss bank who relayed this information to me.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
It seems that our biggest problem is that the banks AREN'T Nationalized and are not under a Republic, NOT Democracy... Our for fathers had a dream and that was to make sure that we were a Republic.

A Democracy will always leave the rights of those that pay the most taxes out of the loop. A Republic is a gov't based in law not vote of numbers.

When you leave our monetary system to capitalist, greed becomes will become rampant and when politicians become lobbiest sympathizers we are destined to lose.

I think most people or citizens of this world no longer see that the problems arent the Banks, Politicians, Corruption or even the High Elite Class, its the System itself. It seems like the System is design to be based in Artificial Intelligence, to be Self Relient and if threated will seek its own survival. Whether it sacrifices people along the way, it doesn't care... it's designed for one thing only... to keep the status quo.

Fox

Exactly. Apparently, the ruling class seems to be more willing to listen to the powerful industrial lobbies, who control the flow of money to the political parties. These industrial lobbies, in turn, rely on private banks to keep the cash and credit flowing in order to generate more money from the business. The entire mechanism is functioning for the purpose of greed. Greed for money and greed for power.

Peace

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
If this movement does go trough all over europe, then a couple things are sure to happen:
First off, obviously the banks will not have enough "physical" money to give to several people who want to withdraw full acounts just like that! This may lead to even more protests and confrontations!
Then, if a significant number of people are able to do so, in every bank, all over europe, it may well be the total colapse of the already decadent european economy!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Hi OP and All, Great Thread.

Two things I'd like to throw. One being Bilderberg Group. The other is why would then Senator Obama in 2008 announcing his intention to run for the nations highest office attend the 2008 Bilderberg conference.
While I'm at it. Why is Harvard's whoever?, David Gergen a cnn political contributor , see: www.davidgergen.com...
Making a show at the Bohemian Grove during Skull and Bones ceremonies? , see: Jones questions to the obviously surprised and repugnant Gergen:
www.youtube.com...

Dunno, but seems to me, somethings going on my ATS friends...

Decoy

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
European Governments are taking this Bankrun possibility very seriously, and in some countries it is said that if this really is to happen it will be considered as an "Act of Terrorism" against the country, as this movement might break down a countries economic system! So, some Governments are taking preventive measures, such as trying to pass new laws to avoid the people being able to withdraw their money from the banks! If these laws are passed, i think only more protests and confrontations will take place... i mean how can you stop people from taking their money??? I'm not in favour of this Bankrun, i think only more problems will result... civil confrontations and deeper economic crisis on top of the list! Sure something must be done by the people to take a stand against the pure economic interests of all governments but i don't think this is it...

This movement is being widely spread in Europe and those organizing it seem very determined on making this happen... just hope they're on the right side!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
As source is in german, here my translation:
The ongoing protests in France had no effect on the politics. Unimpressed by millions of people on the street and refusing to work, the french governement has passed the pension reform bill. French activists now have enough of simple protesting. "Anyway the real power is in the hands of international banks and cooperations" are the words of the activists who call for a bankrun on December 7th to get the politicans attention

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ruidude

I like how withdrawing your own money will be deemed an act of terrorism.
Soon a fart will be a weapon of mass destruction.

Get ya money now while you still can,bank run or no bank run its gonna crash.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Old warrior
Some of us have been there before, the middle 60's in Paris, even with a million in the streets it is difficult to shake the resolve of the money/control people.

That's because the powerful will wait until they can drive a wedge issue between protestors and weaken their resolve. They know if they are patient they can overcome the occasional flareup. Sad really that we are so easily sidelined.

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join