It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Appointments

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

What you are saying is like when a killer says that he cant change who he is w/ out the equation of right or wrong. Morals!!!.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
What I never got about gay people, is if they are born that way, why are they proud to be gay? It is like being proud to have brown eyes, you are supposed to be proud of accomplishments. Being born gay is not a personal accomplishment.

i get what you are saying

but they have been repressed and put down and made to feel shame about who they are

so the pride part is the self realization of saying hey im ok and human too and just like anyone else

gotta see both sides of everything

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by Aggie Man

Science deals with the material world. Religion deals with the spiritual world.In what decision would be the idea of having sex with the same sex, material or spiritual? Religion has everything to do with this... now, would you like me to start quoting?

When discussing gays having equal rights in the eyes of the government, I beg to differ. Religion should not come into play here. I suppose the first amendment means nothing to the chrisitan right. Damn christians and their intolerant "christian agenda".
edit on 27-10-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by oliveoil

A spiritual world you can't even prove exists. Athiests don't care about your dogma, nor does any other religion. Therefor bible scriptures are irrelevant.

well biblists only listen to the real important stuff

like gays are evil dogs and give money to god cause he is very very poor

they forget dont mix your fibers in your clothing, oh and the whole jesus thing of LOVING everyone

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Then you need to review natures design....There have been gays throughout human history...averaging between 7 and 12 percent of the population....Curiosly,almost every type of animal ever studied runs to that same average of same sex relationships....so much for nature's design.

link   

Ah so now you say they don't have any morals.

See now you are part of whats wrong with those who are religous. You feel you need to push your religous agenda onto people and have them live the way you should live.

you can take my massive post you origianally replied to and apply it to those like you.

link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

best friend thorughout highschool

was gay and by his own actions

shunned me because i was straight

so.

link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

It has everything to do with it. Atheists did not write the constitution, Christians did..Learn your history. Obama is mucking up the Constitution by appointing Gays.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nivekronnoco

yeah and those individual specific genes ceased to exist in this world.

natures designn works because if it didnt

you would not be sitting here now having this chat.

the theory is sound

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

That is irrelevant sir. It doesn't matter what religion people were that wrote the constitution. If they were fundamentalist wingnuts, they would have left freedom of religion out, now wouldn't they? Probably would have added in some scripture as well.
edit on 27-10-2010 by TKDRL because: was too rude, and added a line

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkdays4u

According to Gay activist groups Obama has made 150 of the appointments so far.

source www.cbn.com...

That Statement there is the problem. Gay Activist Groups. The only people that need these types of groups are terrorists and people with something underhanded on their minds. Where is the Straight Activist Groups? What is the purpose of these said groups. Straight people do not seem to have groups to promote their employ or their ways.

I dislike these "groups" as more often than not they are there to cause chaos.

They needed to have an activist group because ...we have scrutinized them constantly just for living their lives, we have beaten them down in the streets, we have prevented them from working amongst us, we have PREVENTED THEM FROM BEING ALLOWED TO MARRY A PARTNER. Better yet let's go back a few years ... we've burned them with witches at the hands of the church!?

Now... why would they need an activist group...hmmmm let me see.... I know! Group rates on t-shirts that say "Straight Sucks!" Just leave them alone.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

Im not pushing my religious agenda on anyone. (although I should) We a talking about natural law. man and a woman creating children to en shore humanity lives on, promoting life!! Obama would have it otherwise.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Obama is mucking up the Constitution by appointing Gays.

Please explain this one to me. I don't recall the Constitution saying anything about sexual orientation and what orientation is required for appointees.

P.S. what do the framers of the constitution being christian (not all of them were by the way) have to do with anything? They clearly set the constitution up so that there would be a separation of church and state. We do not need politicians quoting scripture as their defense on their anti-gay agenda. Ideally, they should be looking at the issue as "all men (and women) are created equal."

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The gay agenda. Sounds like a script from a spy novel doesn't? The gay agenda, watch out they are going to get you.
But all kidding aside, the rhetoric is getting old, all cause of morality, and if history serves as a reminder, this is not the first time, nor will it be the last that religion, and the deliberate persecution of a group done in the name of religion, or to get a law passed, has occured. When the ideas of morality comes up, the first question that often comes to mind, is whose morality are we talking about and from what basis? Not every one in the country are Christian, nor are they so inclined to change their belief to fit in, nor should they. We do live in a very diverse country and at times, with nothing more than the reason than based off of what one preacher or religious figure states, has a group or an art come under fire. It goes back far into the history of the world. Many people who are living here today, whose ancestors came to the United States and the new world, many did such to escape persecution, the justification of such was under the claims that they were not Moral or would be the downfall of society. The atrocities during World War II, was done for that very reason.
In the history of the United States, the Chinese were thought to be damaging to the very morals and foundations of society, drug laws were passed, banning many of the drugs that are illegale today leading to the creation of the FDA, and the original propaganda states that those of African American descent were going to get hooked on these substences and would be comitting crime and leading to the degenration of morality and cause the destruction of society. Alcohol was banned and prohibition was passed in the name of morality, and then repealed. Even the very music that we listen to today, the modern rock and roll, and rap all have been call dangerous to the moral values of society. And for some of us adults, even the magazines Hustler, Penthouse and Playboy, all came under fire for that very reason.
The question does it matter, that they are gay, or the child of an illegale immigrant born in the US, or a muslim, or a christian, or a jew, or a women, or someone who is handicapped, does it really ultimately matter, that they are in the position appointed by the President of the United States, or would it matter that they are qualified to do the job?
Ask yourself this, if you were sick and the only doctor who was capable of saving your life, would it matter if he or she was gay? Or would you be more concerned that they had the education and experienced with actually doing the job for which they are paid to do and save your life?
Too many people have died to get that point across, and there are 2 names that every one should remember:
Dr. Drew Charles, and Vivien Theodore Thomas
Against all odds, and even when they were thought to have failed, and against the critics who would claim that what they were doing was inhuman and against the moral fabric of society, have done something that we all are very grateful for, that was to develope techniques in medicine that everyone of us, would bennifit, even to this day.
Dr. Drew Charles was responsible for developing the technique that would seperate plasma from blood to allow for the long term storage of such. The real shame of it all, is cause of the laws, done under the name of morality, he died, cause they would not treat him at a whites only hospital, when he was injured. Vivien Thomas, pioneered surgical techniques, including those on the heart, and with young children, that save so many. The real shame of it all, is for all of the surgeons and doctors that use the very techniques he developed, it was not until 40 years after that, that he got the recognition for his contributions to the field of medicine, all cause it would have been considered immoral to grant someone of african descent who never graduated high school the honors of such. It was not until 1976, that such was granted, some 40 years after he helped work and develop the technique.
So the question is how important is morals, or is the real importance that the people are able to do the job and do it well?
Before we go into the whole procreation and gay parenting debate, the question must be, if such was very important, why is there alot of single parent families, from the unwed women to the families where the parents have divorced, and the child is raised by one parent, why do some of those children grow up, with out one parent or the other to do some amazing and remarkable things?
Ultimately, there really is no real creadible evidence out there to state if a child growing up in a same sex home is good or bad. Most of the reports are conflicting and until the time is taken to do a trial of such, to follow, and document, that determination will always be questionable at most. Those evidence that states it is a bad idea, are often very theological oriented and religion biases the entire report, as those writing such a paper has already condemed the couple before it has even gotten a chance to determine the long term effects of such, and society today does not lend for opposite sex couples to remain in long term comitted relationships, when children are involved, often leading to a family unit with one parent of either sex, and the child as the core.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

take a homosexuals seed impregante a woman and there is 99.9999999999% his child will be straight

which gives validity to the statement that his lifestyle is a choice

which gives validity to the statements of natural selection or natures desgin.

link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

best friend thorughout highschool

was gay and by his own actions

shunned me because i was straight

so.

sorry to hear, not sure why that had happened

how by his own actions?

a lot of people are in denial from fear until they cannot take it
i know many married and fathers who are now open gay and say they knew all along but played the part out of fear

i dont know what happened with your situation but, yeah that sucks to lose a friend for that

link   
What gay agenda?

So by your logic we shouln't put straights or religious people or any people really, as they could push their "agenda" on the general population right?

Please.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Freedom of religion wansnt so they could practice "Any Religion" or "NO RELIGION" freedom of religion was so that they could practice "CHRISTIANITY" freely.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

take a homosexuals seed impregante a woman and there is 99.9999999999% his child will be straight

Is that a scientific fact, or an opinion? You got a source on this quote?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

which gives validity to the statement that his lifestyle is a choice

which gives validity to the statements of natural selection or natures desgin.

actually if the population is 7-12% homosexual

the odds would be 88-93%

plus the whole scale of sexuality by kinsey so, hmmm

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join