It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Appointments

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
i myself have problems with this homosexuality isnt normal there was a reason men and women were made to procreate for the species to survive.

this is all about acceptance by society and to impose the moral acceptance of their beliefs.

i dont have a problem with who someone wants to sleep with in their own homes but thats where it needs to stay.

Oh, like people that have downs syndrome....that's not normal; yet, they were born that way. I suppose, by your logic, we should not accept anyone who is not "normal"?

Just sayin'...can't pick and choose

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Ok fine, I'll try to be a bit more serious...

From the article you cited...

Gay activist groups estimate Obama has made 150 of the appointments so far. About a dozen of them required Senate confirmation.

Did you even bother to research what position those people were appointed to? Or do you just assume that all of them have some position of authority where they can push their "gay agenda"?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by the.lights

Originally posted by oliveoil
homosexualism leads to the break down of life.

No, that's bacteria.

so does alcohol and heroin and gambling

hahaha unless you are lucky in all 3, hah, well except heroin, lol

if it does lead to the break down of life, why is it still around?

its nothing new at all, its been around FOREVER

i dont get people sometimes

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

so homosexuality is a disease? uhm thought that they were just born that way ? no no

now by your comparison is homosexuality is a disease but wait thought it was a choice?

no no that makes no sense.

mother nature has said whats normal 1 man and 1 woman to make little men and women

thats as deep as this goes.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

i myself have problems with this homosexuality isnt normal there was a reason men and women were made to procreate for the species to survive.

So then straight couples that can't procreate shouldn't be allowed to marry either I guess. By your logic anyway. Sterile men and infertile women don't help the species survive.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenBeans

A little girl never having the chance to experience the Mother/Daughter relationship has missed out, she will never experience one of life's most fundamental and foundational relationships. There is no study needed, it's obvious.

I agree. But the vast majority of same sex couples who choose children do so ensuring that the the mother is close at hand. Most of the mothers will want involvement in some way. I would actually argue that the child stands to benefit from two fathers and a mother, all of whom have the child's best interests at heart, rather than a single mother or single father raising a child alone because of a marital breakdown or a selfish ex spouse the child never, or rarely, sees.

If my partner and I chose to have a child - we have no end of sisters, mothers and female friends, as well as possibly the child's birth mother - to call on for the kinds of bonding you talk about.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

so homosexuality is a disease? uhm thought that they were just born that way ? no no

now by your comparison is homosexuality is a disease but wait thought it was a choice?

no no that makes no sense.

mother nature has said whats normal 1 man and 1 woman to make little men and women

thats as deep as this goes.

Dude, look it up. Downs syndrome is not a disease. People don't catch downs syndrome, people are born with it. Downs syndrome is a birth defect.
edit on 27-10-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I am pretty sure people don't catch parkinson's disease, or alzheimer's diseaese either.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

doublepost
edit on 27-10-2010 by TKDRL because: doublepost

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

I am pretty sure people don't catch parkinson's disease, or alzheimer's diseaese either.

And your point is?

People don't catch "gay" either. They are born that way. It's in their genetics.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

reply to post by oliveoil

this is all about acceptance by society and to impose the moral acceptance of their beliefs.

i dont have a problem with who someone wants to sleep with in their own homes but thats where it needs to stay.

people have the freedom to do whatever they want to as long as it doesnt effect me.

obama has his beliefs and he tries to impose his agenda on me who doesnt agree with his beliefs governmental officals all impose their beleifs on us one way or the other,

and thats all i have to say on this subject.

ok what about straight agenda

no more sex scenes in tv shows, movies, public displays of affection

your opinions are yours and thats as far as it gets

dont make your problem everyone elses too

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobbinHood

So then straight couples that can't procreate shouldn't be allowed to marry either I guess. By your logic anyway. Sterile men and infertile women don't help the species survive.

Anyone can have any kind of "marriage" ceremony that they want. No one will come arrest you or fine you etc. etc. etc.

The government, however, will only legally recognize certain kinds of marriages. The reason for this is that the legalities surrounding marrige were established primarily to prevent children from being left destitute in cases of divorce or the death of one parent. They applied to these legalities to a certain circumstance (which was convienantly identified by traditional marriage, namely couples likely to produce offspring) - opposite gender adults publically declaring that they were entering into a committed romantic relationship.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Okay, this may not fly...here it goes...being gay is a choice....how could it not be?
hopefully there is a difference between love and sex. Once you cross that line you are Gay...

edit on 27-10-2010 by oliveoil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BobbinHood

where in my post did i say anything about marriage nor did i say anything about sterility or infertiilty.

i am speaking about the most basic level of procreation that mother nature has set in place.

its darwinism to me the strong survive and the weak perish if you are unable to procreate thats by natures design

as well as genetics and environmental factors come in to play in that as well.

then enters mans arrogance to play god and to say the hell with mother nature.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Okay, this may not fly...here it goes...being gay is a choice....how could it not be?

cause you arent gay and dont know you have that choice to make

get it?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

I understand that. What I don't understand is why opposite gender couples are the only couples covered in that definition. Are same gender couples not valid? Should their adopted children not get the same protection?

link   

I was merely pointing out that your symbolism of down syndrome not being a disease because it is not something you catch was wrong. I never said gay was contagious, if it was I might have caught it in school :p

link   

genetics and disease are the same things healthy genes can be and most of the time are resistent to birth defects

but not always when genes are compromised disease and birth defects are the result.
edit on 27-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   

hopefully there is a difference between love and sex. Once you cross that line you are Gay...

edit on 27-10-2010 by oliveoil because: (no reason given)

sex is an act or in some terms a gender but thats why gender is gender defined

love is an emotion, feeling, well also can be an act in sexual matter

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You didn't say anything about marriage specifically. But you seemed to be implying that if you can't procreate, you are going against nature, and therefore don't deserve the same rights as the people who can.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join