It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zecharia Sitchin Has Passed Away

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by downunderET

Although the theories put forth his books are not accepted by everyone I though it was notable they are not categorized in the science fiction section of the library.

Whether you believe everything he wrote verbatim or, in piecemeal fashion accept some of it - he proposed new ideas and introduced new possibilities which I think opened up peoples mind to critical investigation and speculation the same way Eric Von Daniken did.

I don't think he is dead. Certainly there would be something on the news. If so... he will be missed.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I was blessed with the opportunity to know this fascinating and gifted man; it is with deep sadness that I received the news of his passing.
Today, I received this message and would like to pass it along.

Dear friends and fans of Zecharia Sitchin,

It is with deep regret to inform you that Zecharia passed away on the
morning of October 9th. A small, private family funeral was held the next
day.

The family asks that you respect its privacy during this difficult time and
refrain from contacting family members directly. Instead, to offer tributes
to Mr. Sitchin or to contact those handling his affairs, please email
[email protected] or send a letter to P.O. Box 577, New York, NY 10185.

We will keep you posted on any further updates.

Thank you for your continued support
-- www.wingeddisk.com

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I credit Zecharia Stichin with opening my mind to other possibilities. Things really started to make sense once I read his books.

He will surly be missed!

Rest In Peace my friend.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Thanks for informing us of this sad event.

He has opened my mind to possibilities which I never even suspected existed.
He also seemed to be quite a nice guy from what I could pick up from his documentaries.
It's odd, but it seems that people like him will be around for ever, and it's only when they're gone that I realise how big an impact they had on my life.

Thanks mate and RIP.
Condolences to his family and friends.

P.S.
If anyone's interested, I did a tune a few years ago with a sample of his dialogue at the beginning.
It's called 'Nibiru Rising', and I guess I should dedicate it to him.
There's a link in my sig.
edit on 26-10-2010 by Illegal Alien because: To add PS

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Well, I agree with the OP

You could agree with him, or not....

But he will be missed...

Rest in peace.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Although the theories put forth his books are not accepted by everyone I though it was notable they are not categorized in the science fiction section of the library.

Whether you believe everything he wrote verbatim or, in piecemeal fashion accept some of it - he proposed new ideas and introduced new possibilities which I think opened up peoples mind to critical investigation and speculation the same way Eric Von Daniken did.

I don't think he is dead. Certainly there would be something on the news. If so... he will be missed.
I think he gave us the closes thing to the truth that we will ever have he the had the guts to challenge the interpretation of the old testament and that in itself says alot.whether we believe everything he wrote it at least gives us new possibilities as to the origins of our history.If nibiru does come into play in the near future we will know what he wrote was the truth.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
my dad gave me a 10 volume set of his work..
at the time it was waaay over my head .
now it's just over my head.
he was prolific- you gotta give him that.
definitely something i should revisit.
boy-i wonder where he went ?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen,

This is my first post, respects where its due to a great man, rest in peace zs

i hope someone will continue his great work

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
www.sitchin.com...

We regret to inform you that Zecharia Sitchin passed away on the morning of October 9th. A small, private family funeral was held the next day.

The family asks that you respect its privacy during this difficult time and refrain from contacting family members directly. Instead, to offer tributes to Mr. Sitchin or to contact those handling his affairs, please email [email protected] or send a letter to P.O. Box 577, New York, NY 10185.

We appreciate the support that you have given over the years. Please continue to monitor this website for further updates.

Continue to the rest of the site
www.sitchin.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

WOW!! I am shocked!! This is the first Ive heard!! I cant believe it!!.... I read his book the 12th planet and absoluetly loved it!! He compiled everything and when you step out side the box its believable, even if he was just a crazy old coot, he was a lovable one!! Awww now im sad for his family...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a Tribute to Zecharia Sitchin

as this is the only song i know that talks about him ! 1:30 mark!

X Mark the Spot !

you will be sadly missed i hope Someone can translate the Tablets of SUMAR .... RIP
edit on 26-10-2010 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
God bless and Rest in peace. Gone but not forgotten and I'm sure his name will ring bells for many years to come yet. When the veil is lifted as it says in the mayan calendar

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Although I may not have agreed with many of his theories; I do feel the general idea he and many other expound is pretty much spot on, Anyway, may he rest in peace. He has had a good run and it is sad to see him go.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
RIP Zecharia Sitchin. You will be missed.

Does anybody know how he died? It seems strange to mention only that he "passed away".

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

I kind of agree but I don't think you have to believe in Nibiru to appreciate him. It does not have to be a planet orbiting our sun. Nibiru might represent a system and a people from somewhere, anywhere off planet.

It was sort of cool - brazen to be sure, how he makes everyone second guess the Bible. If it weren't for him I don't think I would have read as much of it as I have.
Interesting when you forget about the scripture part and study the metallurgy, creation and slavery parts of the Book. "Out of darkness into light" suggests we were slave creatures kept underground at least initially and I have found many passages that seem to support that. We were "yolked" and chained to each other in utter darkness. "If one should fall, he brings everyone else down with him.." This is a written history of slaves.
I think early humans were a mole-like ape...but then I'm wandering to other topics...damned fertile imagination...drags me off....

I estimated that language itself was "smaller" then and used less words. Figure we can somewhat determine the intention of the Book by counting how many times this or that particular word appears or is used. Even though I know it was heavily edited and there were many omissions. Still ...You can tell some things. There's a Bible website called Bartlebys online and it counts incidents of words and phrases while bringing them up in context.
For example, if the word "love" appeared more often than the word "gold" I might place more importance on love than gold toward the intention of the Book. This does not happen to be the case - in fact the opposite is true.

So the story of the Bible is actually much ado about gold, gems, and mining pits for them....as Zecharia Sitchin suggests. A talent is a wagon load of gold. Someone has "talent" we think it originally meant skill.
Sort of...it meant "a wagon load of gold."

And this is how a "human's" worth was determined - how much gold they could individually mine from the earth.

When I read the Bible, it is clear there is something untoward going on in that garden involving a reptile. Zecharia does not seem to account for this in any way to my satisfaction.

Over all however, I think he was skirting around the truth in many, many instances without actually knowing it himself.

edit on 26-10-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
In case anyone is interested, I have created a blog for people who loved Sitchin's work and those who are unfamiliar with it but would like to learn. The blog will be a place to meet and share ideas with others, and an attempt to carry his message to others worldwide. Please stop by and say hello at
sitchinblog.wordpress.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I havn't read any of his books but from what i hear he has some ideas similar to my own so i may well go buy a book or 2....

If there's an afterlife, maybe he is there now.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

I haven't yet read his books though I've been eying them at the book store I'm behind on my reading,but just from what I have learned from the videos and articles I think there's alot of truth to what he says.even before I heard of Zecharia Sitchen I always questioned the validity of the interpretation of the old testament,I'm not quite sure what I believe sometimes,just as I'm not sure about Nibiru,I think there is something happening in our galaxy I just don't know what it is some of the video evidence has me questioning what are they keeping from us???
but that's not what this thread is about... one thing I can say about him is he sure has given us all something to think about.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
He was one of the few humans out of the 6.5 billion of us who carried the torch of illumination high above his head, leading us along a path to a species-level journey of self discovery, helping bring us out of our *collective amnesia* one book at a time. He will be missed. But, at least we have some comfort in the fact that, now, he knows the true answers to all of the mysteries he helped illuminate. Let's wish him well on his newfound journey...
edit on 26-10-2010 by GhostLancer because: Typo

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It is a sad time for seekers of the truth. He opened my eyes to many topics I had never heard about.

RIP ZS

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join