It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zecharia Sitchin Has Passed Away

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Did a search for anything that could confirm this and couldn't find anything.

Doesn't matter if you were into ZS or not, his passing is a great loss.

I do believe he was on the right track with his theories, if he wasn't, he was so close to the truth it doesn't matter.

For anyone here who hasn't read any of his books, and are interested in our hidden past, then I suggest you get some of his books.

His belief that the Moon and Mars were "stopping off points", links up with Richard Hoagland' theory that the Moon and Mars have been inhabited in the past and even currently.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
He passed away on October 9, 2010. I didn't even know about it until now.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Where did you hear this if you don't mind my asking?
This is sad news. I've read his books and even if they seemed way out there, I got enormous pleasure from reading them.
RIP Zacharia.

edit on 25-10-2010 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by downunderET

Have enjoyed several of his books .

I am truly sorry to hear this .

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
If only he had found that "Tree of Life" he was so certain existed...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
From the Wiki....

Zecharia Sitchin (born July 11, 1920 - died October 9, 2010) was an author of books promoting an explanation for human origins involving ancient astronauts.

Born July 1920 (age 90)
Baku, Azerbaijan SSR

Died October 9, 2010
New York, New York

No cause of death listed.

From the splash page of his own website:

We regret to inform you that Zecharia Sitchin passed away on the morning of October 9th. A small, private family funeral was held the next day.
The family asks that you respect its privacy during this difficult time and refrain from contacting family members directly....

~Heff

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I just found out a few minutes ago that he passed away the day after my birthday. I am deeply saddened, and at the same time glad that I had an opportunity to learn from his lifetime of work and dedication to bringing forth the truth about our ancient history. Now I wonder if he left his massive collection of research to someone worthy and willing to carry the message, and one who has the courage to approach the teachings of the New Testament. For some reason, I believe it was that he was threatened, Mr. Sitchin only focused on telling of how the Old Testament has been manipulated and he refused to discuss anything further, though I’m certain he knew volumes. He will be missed.

I learned of ZS a little over 2 years ago, through an interview with Bob Dean. What I learned changed my life, and I am grateful to so many whistle-blowers for their courage to bring the truth to the people.

Since I'm new here, I'm not permitted to send messages to members here. If anyone here has been a dedicated follower of Mr. Sitchin's work, I would love to share communication with you, so please send me a message and a way for me to reply to you.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

If only he had found that "Tree of Life" he was so certain existed...

I'm fairly certain that he has ... and smiles ...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Rest in peace dude! Every generation only gets a few of men like him.

RC

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by downunderET
Did a search for anything that could confirm this and couldn't find anything.

Doesn't matter if you were into ZS or not, his passing is a great loss.

I do believe he was on the right track with his theories, if he wasn't, he was so close to the truth it doesn't matter.

For anyone here who hasn't read any of his books, and are interested in our hidden past, then I suggest you get some of his books.

His belief that the Moon and Mars were "stopping off points", links up with Richard Hoagland' theory that the Moon and Mars have been inhabited in the past and even currently.

My condolences to his family. He was a scientist and scholar of epic proportions.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I hope the very best for him on his continued journey.

He brought to us a brand new perspective on how the solar system was formed and how the great Sumerian civilization came about.

His conclusions threw orthodox archeology into complete disarray which was a good thing in my opinion.

He broadened my mind in the very least as he did many others for that matter.

I as well as the rest of the world owe him a debt of gratitude.

My condolences to his family.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
What a great human being. I hope he felt fulfilled in his lifetime- He has given us all a great gift, the gift of free thinking. Even if you do not believe his life's work- it teaches you something, to look beyond what is taught in college text books and find the answers for yourself.

I will be forever grateful for the knowledge he has brought into my life and my mind. He did all the hard work so that I could sit under a down duvet on a comfy bed and read it.

Thank you Mr. Sitchen! You are an amazing person that will never be forgotten...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I don't care what you think about his theories, you've gotta love the man for his effort...

RIP

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Honors to a great man, a scholar, an author and to a lifetime of great achievements by questioning the establishment. Cheers.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
RIP mate and thank you for the wonderful possible insights into human history....

As someone posted before, I too have read small amounts of his work but was extremely enlightened and fascinated by it....

A very sad day indeed.....

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing this news with us. I realize that his theory was controversial and he did have his detractors. Whether you agreed with him or not, he did present a thoroughly researched theory on the possible origins of mankind.

Conventional archaeology doesn't have all the answers. Some of the theories to explain seemly impossible feats accomplished by our ancestors are questionable. It seems to me that they have a "cookie cutter" idea of what should be acceptable theory. If it doesn't fit into their narrow view of what is scientific, they simply discard it as preposterous, ridiculous, or completely insane.

I have read many of his books and I have enjoyed them. It made me aware that there are many questions that have not been answered by archaeology, and they deserve more thorough investigation. There is so much about our past that has yet to be discovered!

Zacharia Sitchin left a great body of work and he has expanded our points of view, and the way we see the world. Like I stated before, it does not matter if you agree with his works or not, he has made a contribution.

Condolences to his family.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Condolences to his friends, family and followers, of which I am not...

I am obviously a bad conspiracy theorist as I am not familiar with his work....

Yet, I am familiar with his name.

He must have been one influential guy and a heck of a character.

May his work live on through those with the same passion.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Hello,
Rest in peace Zecharia. Loved your books, loved the theories. Truly believe this man, ridiculed by most, was a pioneer in his research.

To those who slated him - There are better things to do in life than to pester others.

Deepest respects,
T

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by prepared4truth
I don't care what you think about his theories, you've gotta love the man for his effort...

RIP

That sums it up i would think.

Not really into thinking he was truful with the public, and kept stuff to his own self and friends, like jordan maxwell said of him.

We will never know the truths of what he really thought i would guess.

RIP

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
RIP Zecheria =/

His research into our collective far past eclipses the false histories that we were all taught growing up. While some of his speculations were unfounded, his research was groundbreaking, and the data he found and researched was nothing short of astounding. He was the most important historian in the history of man, and history will prove him to be a pioneer.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join