It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zecharia Sitchin Has Passed Away

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
RIP Zacharia S

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
My condolences to his family.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
sitchin was an exceptional man. no honest man could have interpreted the meaning of ancient writings as he did. How to label the genre of his literary work? perhaps fictive mythology? quite obviously many people loved reading him. for all the readers who were tantalized from their imaginative ruts, he was a blessing. also, he demonstrated that one could make a living writing fiction without producing novels. however, for the more jaded, i would reccomend e velikovsky , donald patten, felice vince, jurgen spanuth, iman wilkens,and ahmed osman. have fun!
edit on 26-10-2010 by boxturtle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Peace for this Sage Man wherever he is now. Peace to all his theories and Divine contemplation on the ultimate truth is what I think he was going for all along.

RIP Zecharia Sitchin, a noble soul indeed.

=Muzeam=

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Mr. Sitchin boldly went where no man has gone before.
I believe he came much closer to the truth in the later years.
His spirit is free atlast to explore the other dimensions.
Here's a toke to his passing.
Peace, brother.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Sad to see him leave us, history should be kind to this man.
RIP.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I am in shock by this news I could not believe what I was reading ..Is like you would expect to see this in the news of some form or another but I have not read anything in regards to this .

I am so saddened by this and I hope his Soul will be at peace.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I am deeply sad.

He will be missed ....

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
One of the few truly enlightened individuals that actually made sense.
His work has helped shaped my thoughts and for what its worth those thoughts are with him and his family

mənim müəllim elveda

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
So sad to hear of his passing, I was listening to Don Ecker of UFO Mag fame interview him just a few days ago on his radio show called Dark Matters Radio, not a current interview but this year sometime.

I have collected all of his books over the years I am glad to say.

Rest in peace Mr. Sitchin

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Man thats bad news. Very sad, condolences to his family.
Unfortunately for me I've never had the chance to read any of his works. However I am familiar with his theories.
I was wondering if anyone could point me to some of his best works, online. Would love to read them

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Rest in peace, Kind Sir.

Mr. Sitchin certainly made a difference with his unique and, I'd like to believe, accurate translations of the Sumerian cuneiforms.

He will definitely be missed.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
So very sad. I am so grateful to ZS for his work- work, without which, I would not have found the answers I was so desperately looking for. His loss is great, but his legacy is greater still. Till next time, ZS...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
As many others have said before me, an amazing individual, a great scholar, and one of the few in each generation who truly expand our horizons - in spite of the ridicule. God Bless him, and his family - may he be at peace now for eternity.

I hope that we can move forwards in the spirit of discovery and questioning that he left us, as one half of his legacy; the other half being the volumes of his high-quality research, which now bear testimony to his thorough shake-up of the 'accepted history' of human origins.

I am outraged that he didn't get a mention in the media - we hear about film stars who haven't acted in forty years passing away almost every week - not that we shouldn't hear of them, but in comparison to the potential magnitude of his work, it seems almost a posthumous insult by the PTB not to give him a prominent obituary.

RIP Zecharia.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Rest In Peace Sitchin, one of the best science fiction writers nowadays!

Good theories that I truly hope would never turn up as reality

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Terrible news. The man spent most of his life researching a true passion. We should all be so lucky.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Productivemind

I have read all of Mr. Sitchin's books over the years and was fortunate enough to finally meet him in person this past May at the Book Expo in NYC, where we both were signing. We exchanged books and met for lunch the following day. I can't emphasize enough what a clear and active mind this brilliant 90 year old man possessed. I was shocked to hear of his recent passing, but will forever treasure having had the opportunity to meet him.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Rest in peace, Mr Sitchin. I enjoyed his books, and encouraged my mom to read them as well. She loved them because they opened up a new way of seeing the facts that are before us all. I think that his writings actually touched her more than it did me because I had a more open mind to different ideas, while she was pretty much bowled over with his concepts and ideas. She took the love of his books to her grave, but without his writing, she and I both would not have had the benefit of a new perspective on history, space travel, and archeology. He was a giant, a great man, and I hope that someone can take up the work he set out upon, and move it forward.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Neither did I, I am very sad on hearing the news too.

BIG TIME

I've read most of the Earth Chronicles (and a few other works) and although sometimes he explained things in a laborius fashion the main ideas he shared from the knowledge he'd gained in his/a long time studying ancient cultures and lost languages (and in particular ancient Sumer(ia) and the Annunaki), awoken a deep thirst for more data in my own search for the truth. This has led me around the globe in a fascinating experience (of wonder and awakening).

For me he pretty much coined the "Ancient Astronaught Theory", and many intellects around the globe this very second are that little bit wiser and closer to the real history of the human race and planet Earth.

Thank You, ZS.

My thoughts go out to your family and closest friends, and the millions of people around the world sparing a thought for you.

R

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by downunderET

Well, sorry to hear he's gone. I have to admit I did not believe in his point of view, but I'm sure he did bring to light and translate many things that were not commonly known in this modern age. I personally feel the stories he focused on, were fictional myths, I guess you could say I was an athiest concerning the reality of the stories he studied.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join