It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia + USA =World domination

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
What if the United States and Russia teamed up there military? Could this pairing of titans roll over the rest of the world? They could split the world 50/50 both countries had there own agendas for expansion during the cold war but the earths a big place enough for two super powers I would think. I this what if war I would see china and europe as the biggest problems but not In any capacity that could stop these two powers

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
US to greedy to team up with anybody.The russians more likely to join china and nuke US of the planet.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
personaly if the usa and russia joined together then nothing could or would of stopped em.
imagine the largest and strongest navies,armies and airforces joining together and haveing the power to strike anywhere at anytime.
wow dont that sound like a NATO speech

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
What if the United States and Russia teamed up there military? Could this pairing of titans roll over the rest of the world? They could split the world 50/50 both countries had there own agendas for expansion during the cold war but the earths a big place enough for two super powers I would think. I this what if war I would see china and europe as the biggest problems but not In any capacity that could stop these two powers

you are just joking.US defeated CCCP and now they are only superpower in the world so it's without any sense to give Russia (GDP = 350 bilion $) 50% of the world..It's just stupid !!!!

and which one part of the world US can "give" to Russia?? Africa???

or maybe EU??
)))Yes,US can just give countries with so powerful economy like Italy or Germany to Russia
)))

silly problems

[edit on 27-6-2004 by gattaca]

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
the US never beat any1
they only reason russia fell was because they ran out of money.
any way the EU would hold its own against any 1. we have the gryphen and the eurofighter. to very good fighters, and the best trained crews in the world.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
the US never beat any1
they only reason russia fell was because they ran out of money.
any way the EU would hold its own against any 1. we have the gryphen and the eurofighter. to very good fighters, and the best trained crews in the world.

Russian fell because of everything,because of afghanistan,because of money who they have to give to many varoius organizations,because of military industry etc.They had to be as strong as US.But it COST !! It cost a lot of money.US won,Russia lost.

We can fight and win in many diffrent ways - battlefield is not only one.

and about Eurofighter - maybe it will be better but all the voices from luftwaffe tell that it can be a big # not good fighter.Pilots said that this aircraft is just dangerous for flying !!!

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
actually you didnt fight em at all. on the battlefield or not.
the US survived the USSR didnt thats all

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
actually you didnt fight em at all. on the battlefield or not.
the US survived the USSR didnt thats all

and afghanistan???where US supported afgan insurgents??or vietnam??or korea??or many many minor conflicts??

or Reagan "star wars" and politics what caused that Gorbachov said "it's enough,let's end cold war"
))

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
That tag team would be unstopable. Just think with the sharing of research military technology would jump ahead rapidly. I doubt the EU would stand much of a chance since the US and Russia prepared them selves for this sort of thing in the Cold War. Even China would be overwhelmed numericly seeing as either one of these countries have the capabilities to take 60-70% of the world on their own.

[edit on 6/27/2004 by cyberdude78]

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
That tag team would be unstopable. Just think with the sharing of research military technology would jump ahead rapidly. I doubt the EU would stand much of a chance since the US and Russia prepared them selves for this sort of thing in the Cold War. Even China would be overwhelmed numericly seeing as either one of these countries have the capabilities to take 60-70% of the world on their own.

[edit on 6/27/2004 by cyberdude78]

you all are all overestimating Russia.Glory of Russians is over.Most of their projects is from cold war times.Their GDP is 350 bilion $ (US GDP is more than 10000 bilion $) !! Their army is large but very demoralised and poor-trained.(their fighter pilots fly only about 40-50 hours per year) !!!!

They have still something to say because of their nuclear forces.Russian people are dying - scientists predict that in 2050 there will be only 100 - 120 Russians (now this number is about 140).

Russia is just another big country with great history.and it's all

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
First thing, most russians would say "Over my dead body" to team up in a quest for world domination. As for the US, they own the world already, They have the world by the balls.

As for the Cold War. USSR lost because they had nothing which capitalists would call competitive markets. If everything is owned by the government then there is no need to compete which is not too good for the economy.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoMrAdE_IvAn
First thing, most russians would say "Over my dead body" to team up in a quest for world domination. As for the US, they own the world already, They have the world by the balls.

As for the Cold War. USSR lost because they had nothing which capitalists would call competitive markets. If everything is owned by the government then there is no need to compete which is not too good for the economy.

and what is more I will never belive that US would treat Russia like somebody equal (russia just can't be equal because US are stronger) and Russians will never accept such deal when US will be somebody like "boss" for them
))

Am I right ?

You lost cold war because of many reasons.One of them is that in Poland we never accepted your soldiers in our soil.And Eastern Europe never accepted.

But anyway.It's not time for such disscussions.US.Russia,NATO should work togehter.We have the same enemies.You got chechen rebels,we got iraqi insurgents.The last accidents in cacucasus were really bloody and as I heard two days ago another 12 russian soldiers where killed in chechenya.

So such deal could be singed not to rule the world but to make this world a better place.It's time to work togetger,shoulder by shoulder.

[edit on 28-6-2004 by gattaca]

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
agreed. No one likes to be a puppet, just like the warsaw pact.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I wouldnt have russia be a puppet in such a allaince they should be equal partners. They may not be as strong as they once were but what does that mean they could only destroy the world 8 times over compared to 10 times. We were allies once during WW2 and are enemies didnt fair to well that time and we only both got stronger. I never really understood the cold war american people never wanted to wipe the russian people of the face of the earth and I hope russias people felt the same way. Are leaders had different views and were scarred of each other. If we become strong alllies then neither of us have nothing to fear.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The Soviet Union collapsed because of the Truman Containment Doctrine.

Without the ability to expand Russia could not create a resource infrastructure needed to survive easily. It was stuck with a smashed Eastern Europe and a smashed Russia.

This led to the 1980s, where bread was again scarce, and Mikhail thought he could reform the government to make Communism work, this created holes that Reagan took advantage of in numerous programs, the urging of Mikhail to let East Germany go was one, the SDI was another, and this just buckled the Soviet Union like the Titanic.

There is only one other "truly Communist" nation on earth, that is North Korea.

All other Communist nations have to survive by some form of trade with the rest of the world and by allowing some form of privatization.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
If russia and the US joined forces not now cuz cold war tensions still run high but maybe sometime in the future the EU would not stand a chane it would have lost in a month the US can beat the EU alone dont know about russia but both countries have some good tech if they combined that the world does not stand a chance.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 05:02 AM
link   
aye i agree with both together nothing could stop em
but europe would be far from a push over.
most countries here have decent tanks and planes.
also this is the home of combat.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I can agree Europe wouldn't be a pushover but getting hit from both sides is a tough war to fight. Naturally this is politically impossible. But heres some stats i posted on another thread.

US / Russia

Active Troops 1,414,000 / 988,000
Reserve Troops 1,259,000 / 20,000,000
Defense Expenses($ bil) 322.4 / 63.7
Tanks (MBT)(Army only) 7,620 / 43,740
Cruisers 27 / 7
Frigates 35 / 10
Destroyers 55 / 14
Carriers 12 1
Subs 72 / 53

Makes me wonder if Russia really has 43,740 tanks. I found this in the 2004 World Almanac. Just troops alone its overwhelming by numbers.
Add some F-22s and some brand new Migs into the mix an you have the worlds deadliest flying circus.

[edit on 6/28/2004 by cyberdude78]

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Russia has 20,000 MBT's but all the rest are APC's or armoured vehicles.

I think Europe would NOT be a pushover. Russia would not have the cash to start a full invasion of Europe and as for the US, where will they attack from?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Ok Ok, perhaps because they are superpowers you would think that if they both joined they would be able to attack and take over the world. However, have you considered these facts - Russia is crippled, no where near as strong as it was at the end of WWII, America appears to be all strong and mighty but is infact very close to being in SERRIOUS sh*t... it has been borrowing money from many countries, and saying they will pay it back, and with the dollar's price falling, they could very well turn out like Germany was at the end of World War 1 or 2 I cant remember which but the one where they had to have a wheelbarrow full of cash just to buy a loaf of bread. The EU is very rich and powerful, NATO was originally designed as a defence AGAINST Russia, and Britain has some of the best trained troops in the world and have one of the best trained army, air force and navy in the world as well. Britain also has Nuclear weapons as well. So If you consider it from that point of view, SURE it would be a very costly war, but i think it would end in Stalemate.

[edit on 28-6-2004 by The_Squid]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join