It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people Remain Anonymous on ATS!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Is it for fear that people might find out who they are and find out that they are lying? or is it for fear that the government will watch them and have a chat with them because of what they know. or do they JUST LIKE BEING A DISINFO AGENT TO TRY AND GET ATTENTION?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

so they can speak their mind with fellow strangers without having their every thought easily found and attributed to them through google, by their friends, family or employers.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Why do you care???

It's the content that matters not the messenger.

The anonymity is there to protect the messenger.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic

so they can speak their mind with fellow strangers without having their every thought easily found and attributed to them through google, by their friends, family or employers.

That is called INSECURITY

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I think it's fear of being tracked by the gov't and having it held against them later on.

link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
Why do you care???

Im sorry but im not going to believe someone that is anonymous and doesnt have sources or photos or audio. I just cant believe someone who doesnt have a good story or proof. I need the sources man. The sources. Or something that can tell me what makes their information valid besides them saying it

link   

Originally posted by kid_cudi
Is it for fear that people might find out who they are and find out that they are lying? or is it for fear that the government will watch them and have a chat with them because of what they know. or do they JUST LIKE BEING A DISINFO AGENT TO TRY AND GET ATTENTION?

Why have YOU remained anonymous on ATS?

link   
Cus some people here MIGHT be crazy and "may" want to hunt me down and eat me alive.

Also...some are reptiles.

MM

edit on 23-10-2010 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Why have YOU remained anonymous on ATS?

What makes you think I have remained anonymous? Nevermind dont answer that because I see that you are anonymous too

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Why do you care???

Im sorry but im not going to believe someone that is anonymous and doesnt have sources or photos or audio. I just cant believe someone who doesnt have a good story or proof. I need the sources man. The sources. Or something that can tell me what makes their information valid besides them saying it

So then, this applies to yourself as well, no? What makes you believable and reliable?
You are acting anonymously, as a member... If that logic were to be applied then name, address and social security number please... then you would be more believable?
edit on 23-10-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

yes your right your private information has probably never been so insecure. Like a poster above said, do you want posts on ats to be tracked down by future employers, future girlfriends etc. You say it wont happen, but employers are know to check the FB accounts of possible future employees.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Why do you care???

So then, this applies to yourself as well, no? What makes you believable and reliable?
You are acting anonymously, as a member...

So then, why are you remaining anonymous as a writer?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

You first... you still haven't applied your criteria to yourself.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I didn't have a name on here when I first came and posted, just didn't feel like signing up.. I've seem people being scrutinized and picked apart just for having a different opinion, sometimes going back to their past posts of 2 or so years ago just to make them look bad.... Still I joined up cause I realize I don't care what you or anyone else thinks of my opinion and I know that I'm not important enough for the government to track me down....

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I honestly cannot tell you who I am because of the line of work I am involved in. If I were to tell you who I am there are many things that would happen to me and they would not be good. If you read my thread about HAARP you can see my career in that thread.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Didn't we just go through this?

Trolly troll is trollish.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Zoodie

Good point. Here is another:

Google Ordered To Name Anonymous Bullies

Nothing is guaranteed online...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Zoodie

Good point. Here is another:

Google Ordered To Name Anonymous Bullies

Nothing is guaranteed online...

You still havent answered me

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

You still havent answered me

I like my username and avatar.

In addition, I have not posted anything on this forum that I would not say or write "in the real world"
It's not wise to forget that online, nothing is truly anonymous.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I honestly cannot tell you who I am because of the line of work I am involved in. If I were to tell you who I am there are many things that would happen to me and they would not be good. If you read my thread about HAARP you can see my career in that thread.

My only reply to this is...

Originally posted by snusfanatic

That is called INSECURITY

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join