It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The coming of the Son of man/Signs of the end of the Age

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
The end will come due to natura occurances and such

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Matthew 16:15He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

The reason he called him Self, 'the son of man', was to show you the Way, show you what you must say about your Self as long as you are in the world. If he said himself that he was the son of god then you and I could say that we are gods but he never said that therefore we also cannot cross that line.

St. Udio, you grossly added to the Word of God

Luke 22:70
Then said they all, Art thou then the Son of God? And he said unto them, Ye say that I AM

He never said 'not I', in fact he said, 'I AM'

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

Nice to meet you, Mr. D,

Another rebel.

Welcome all rebels!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Exforcesuk

And all that crap was so misguided. Where does it mention the ROOTS of religion? Nowhere right? Because it's a sham. A trick video to scare you into submission and by that I mean condition your thinking pattern. Hurray for indoctrination?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by iamnot

OK,

I am even more confused. Because we were created in the image of god, according to the bible.

OK, more lies from the bible.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

God in Judaism has no image. Humanity was created in the image of G-d, which means we have the ability to reason and discern; however, G-d has no physical form or image.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

The Son of Man, the Sons of Men were created in the image of God, THE ONE and only Son of God, JESUS CHRIST.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by iamnot

Looks like you over looked the link I posted a while ago.
Divine
Don't worry! Here it is for you to read!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

And here is a link for you to look or overlook by your freewill and choice.

Son of God

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

hahah great response just what i was hoping for thanks.

Have you even watched the video?

If you watch it you will see that it shows the roots of religion come from the pagen beliefs that they worshipped the sun, as in that big star in our sky! not a man "born of a virgin" who performed mirracles. Pagen beliefs that go back way beyond the bible or any other religous scripts and it makes an extreemly strong case to show how all religions have re-interpitated this for their own story telling.

Im not sure what you meen by trick video? a video is just a video right? In my oppinion ( and a humble one at that ) this "trick" video puts a stronger argument for what religion is about than any priest, vicar, rabbi or other religius leader could ever manage!

I only responded initially as my faith changed quite drammatically over recent years and when i saw this video i felt it was answering some unanswered questions i had ! Before i served in the forces i had hoped there was a god, but like many after serving in war zones ( Iraq + Afghanistan ) faith becomes none existant and a desire to find your own truths becomes stronger.

Zamini i would admit that having served the queen that i was quite susseptable to having my thinking pattern conditioned ! very true ! other wise we wouldnt do the job right? but i like to think that now i am able to make my own judgments and i am keen to seek all the information i can wether its mainstream or not !!

By the way are you gonna tell me next that Al Qaeda was actually responsible for 9-11???

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Jesus said we were to be "fishers of men." That means invite...open up... to basically make it easy to bring others into the faith by their own initiative. However, throwing out these verses with no explanation, no context, no backing cross references only alienates non- believers.

Further, as Christians, we are instructed to feed the "babes in Christ" milk... and as they grow... as we grow in faith and understanding, we then can get to the meat of the Bible. Again, taking a head long jump into the Apocolypse is pretty heavy stuff...even for Biblical scholars.

May I suggest that you explain what it is in world events that you see proven out here in scripture...and start with bite size chunks... not a the chuckwagon buffet grand slam meal deal. Wow.

Disreali has done a good job of explaining and digging and I suggest to those that do not understand these scriptures to read his/her posts.

Anyway, although i believe as you do...many have to learn to walk before they can run...myself included.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
23 At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it.
26 "So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

I often think this is the most important segment of the passage, or at least the most useful, because it offers a way of telling when someone is NOT the Son of Man.
And the test is beautifully simple- if you can or must go somewhere to see him, then he's not the expected Son of Man.
This means that all the people making claims for themselves or having claims made on their behalf are swept off the board.

edit on 22-10-2010 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

As a believer in Christ, I find being a fisher is difficult.

A lot of people don't believe - but I did get one person right on this website! So I am feeling pleased by that.

If I die knowing that I have saved one person, that is OK by me.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
More useless Bible quotes, trying to convert us all to the Cult of Christianity, to take a blood oath, and eat the flesh and drink the blood of the Godman Jesus, and to dress in the uniform of the Bankers and CEOs that rule over us. To become ever dumber in knowledge, and to board the ship of the Reptilians when it comes, for the image of Jesus standing on a cloud will be the sign to come to the boarding ramp.

Jesus, please, I beg of you...please protect me from your followers.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The belief in a mythical character is just comical! The one thing that has caused more war, famine, and plagues is religion. For the author of this thread to re-write certain passages from the bible, knowing full well that the bible was written by man, published by man, and re-written over the centuries by man, in hopes to "scare" people into believing the sky is falling is just plain ignorance! The mods need to delete this post on the grounds of stupidity!

Go preach your propaganda elsewhere you troll!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrecked
For the author of this thread to re-write certain passages from the bible, knowing full well that the bible was written by man, published by man, and re-written over the centuries by man, in hopes to "scare" people into believing the sky is falling is just plain ignorance!

Indeed! In fact the bible is just a body of plagiarised work from even earlier times. It's kind of like the brothers Grim for the middle east. All this Jesus stuff is just based on the story of Horus, the sun god. Jesus is just the anthropomorphic version of Pisces... hence the fish references and iconography. The age of Pisces finishes halfway through this century and goes into Aquarius. This is what is actually known as the next age. It's just ancient superstition based on the sun, the stars, the equinoxes and precession.

It's laughable that people still believe in this tripe... and even more hilarious that they will die for it. The shame is that they ruin the world for everyone else.

IRM

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

The mods need to delete this post on the grounds of stupidity!

Go preach your propaganda elsewhere you troll!

Let me point something out to you;
This forum, the "predictions and prophecies" forum, is specifically reserved for discussion of ancient prophecy.
It says so, just above the opening post.
Therefore this thread is exactly where it should be. It belongs here. As you willl realise when you have been a member of the site long enough to understand the geography of the place.
If you want to express your hatred of religous propaganda in prophecy, you will find more opportunities at these locations;
The Lamb and the scroll
Time, times, and half a time
War on the saints

edit on 22-10-2010 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

all the stones will be thrown down? why is the wall and the gate still standing?

failed prophecy

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

I think you need to re-read my response. No where did I suggest that this post was misplaced in the wrong forum. It would appear your attempting to make something out of nothing. But for anyone to to spellbound by a book written by man, with no substantial evidence that it was authored by Jesus is lunacy~

History has shown that every era has a belief system, first it was the Gods ( plural), ( Zeuss, Hades etc.) then it was Archilles ( sp), then God himself. There have been many others within the passages of History, but i don't presume to know them all.

Just sayin is all~

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I think you need to re-read my response. No where did I suggest that this post was misplaced in the wrong forum.

You were urging that the post be deleted, on the grounds that it was talking religious progapanda.
I understood "delete this post" to be the equvalent of "this post does not belong on ATS".
If you are prepared to accept that religious propaganda need not be deleted by the mods for being religious propaganda, then I am content.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join