It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you judge a person by their choice of avatar?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
No, I don't judge people by their avatar. But it helps in remembering who they are, and what was posted before.

Like my avatars a chicken from Chicken Run produced by the maker of Wallace and Grommit. I really admire the guys work on The Wrong Trousers and that penguin cracked me open. That penguin was LOL funny, with his chicken hat. ach. like damn. That penguin was crazy. Once I find a better pic of it I'll be sure to change the chicken. *for penguin see signature*

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I don't judge by avatar and I'm sticking with mine. Once I found it there was no other choice and I stopped looking.

Yeah it's a cartoon(my absolute favorite of all time) but I'm not a kid.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Do I judge people by their AV? no...
But I do feel like I learn something about them or get a little bit of insight into who they are even if it is just a small piece by their av.. I mean we all choose our AV's for a reason.. whatever that reason may be it is often something we feel reflects a part of who we are or what we are interested in.. or something that peaks our curiousity.
I love looking at peoples AV's

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I think people are their avatars.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
shhh...I paid 50 cents for my avatar, aquired from a vending machine, at a Chinese restaurant in Nevada.

MY previous one was two monkeys, I realized that there was probably NO
chance that people would believe that I, spacedoubt, was actually TWO MONKEYS.

So I changed to this one. Much more believable.

Actually, if anyone likes this one..I have other alien characters, I'd gladly photograph them if anyone is interested..I'm a pretty decent photographer
and would love to share...

[Edited on 1-9-2004 by spacedoubt]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
DBL POST

[Edited on 1-9-2004 by TACHYON]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
I don't get why people use to tend to believe I was female as I have never had an female avatar.

I'm male. M A L E!!!

I used to believe you were a female, based on some of your posts on gay topics, and then the name and I put two and two together and thought you were a lesbian. Thanks for clearing it up for all of us.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
Do I judge people by their AV? no...
But I do feel like I learn something about them or get a little bit of insight into who they are even if it is just a small piece by their av.. I mean we all choose our AV's for a reason.. whatever that reason may be it is often something we feel reflects a part of who we are or what we are interested in.. or something that peaks our curiousity.
I love looking at peoples AV's

Oh great queen(if you are female) what do you see from me? (holds hand out for you to read).

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hetha
Agent47-If it's Top Gun related, go Val Kilmer-He was a hottie

kinglizard-Young was fine, and worked for the time being. I was happy and it suited me fine

[Edited on 20-8-2004 by Hetha]

I will attempt to guess your personality and sex: Are you female? Interested in womens rights? Drawing? Reading? Libertarian? You already said you liked reptiles, Are you in middle school(do not be offended if you have like kids already,im just trying to have some fun).

LOL watch me be so off.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
I so taught Scat was MALE. It funny how you assume things by opioions.

I thought he was male by the picture.

Originally posted by TrueLies
usually if someone has cartoons or japanamation i think their kids and dont usually read their posts... or if its some sleezy pic of a chick i tend to pass the post... Anybody that uses an avatar of a sleezy slut, to me, I come to the conclusion that they will give some lame brain one liner that doesn't even come close to a deep thought, which is why I think they are usually teenagers... or trailer trash... one of the two...

I wanted to put up a pic of some slut but thought I might myslef get distracted. It is also a great way to distract others during posting hoping they will mess up.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I Do KINDA judge people. Not entirely but like others said you...get an insight into what they're like or their interests. People are identified by the AVATARS.

If a person has a really cool one, or one they've used for a long time, then you learn to recognise them and eventually even what threads interest them the most, but if you keep changing them you dont. or am I wrong?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYON
[Oh great queen(if you are female) what do you see from me? (holds hand out for you to read).

Yes of course I am female.

hmm well I think we can assume that you are into Alien VS. Predator!

[Edited on 1-9-2004 by NephraTari]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The only thing I take from the avatars is, if it contains something I like, I think that person will have similar tastes to me, and If the avatar looks like it tok a long time to do, I think that member has too much free time
only joking.

I chose my avatar as a simple tribute to the genius of David Lynch and Dennis Hopper, and the fact that I think I will one day become, "Frank", haha

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

[Oh great queen(if you are female) what do you see from me? (holds hand out for you to read).

Yes of course I am female.

hmm well I think we can assume that you are into Alien VS. Predator!

[Edited on 1-9-2004 by NephraTari]

Ok, lets see, I like Predator, one of my fav movies. Yes. Lets see do you like to have control over situations are you a control freak? (I was called that in one of my classes LOL).

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The longer I keep an avatar, the more meaning it has.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Ok, lets see, I like Predator, one of my fav movies. Yes. Lets see do you like to have control over situations are you a control freak? (I was called that in one of my classes LOL).

hmm I guess you should ask someone that knows me. I don't consider myself a control freak at all.. but who knows.. to some people I may be.. although I reallly doubt it.
hmm....

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Cool guy. I think he just moved on. Can't remember but his member name had like Orange in it or something? He also had that creepy painter avatar.

I might be totally wrong here but are you talking about Tetsuo-51. I think he had the creepy painter avatar at one point, and the orange you mention is the background colour in his mini profile.
He is still around.

Ohh yeah, and do you think my avatar gives the wrong impression? I love it myself, but no-one has taken me up on my offers of adoption , in the adoption thread. Do you think my kitty's grin has scared them off?

[Edited on 2-9-2004 by pantha]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I changed my mind.....

I do definitely judge...

Why? I think it's because my brain automatically scans to the picture, then it decides if it likes it or not, and then from there it decides whether or not it wants to read that person's posts.

It's a roll of the dice...

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I like your av pantha! Its cheeky and unique.
I wont lie, I used to be a little scared of SpittinCobra because of his avatars when I first joined, but then I read some of his threads, and i realised he was actually a pretty nice guy.

You judge avatars when you first encounter new people, but after you've read a few of their comments and opinions it changes.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
i hope nobody judges me by my avatar

i'm 17 not 90 and i don't have a beard!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join