It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you judge a person by their choice of avatar?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Of course, I have the best avatar of all...

Eat your heart out, ladies...

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
What? Nobody likes my amazing avatar?

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I dont generally, but I've been victim of avatar-prejudice. It seems that if a guy is in your avatar, it makes you a g uy...or if a girl is in your avatar, it makes you a girl....hmm...last time I checked, I was no Frank Sinatra.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I like to make my own avatars.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Of course, I have the best avatar of all...

You wouldn't be a baseball fan now would you?

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Well - I'm not as cold-hearted as Martin Sheen in Apocalypse Now...but I can relate...

Like JetSetter said - I've learned to have fun making your own avatar...of course, sometimes you luck out and find that perfect image that says enough by itself.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
Well - I'm not as cold-hearted as Martin Sheen in Apocalypse Now...but I can relate...

Like JetSetter said - I've learned to have fun making your own avatar...of course, sometimes you luck out and find that perfect image that says enough by itself.

Oh THAT'S what its from!

I like to make my own too.. my current av is a combination of 2 seperate images

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Do I judge a person by their choice of avatar? Yes! I'm really quite shallow.:shk:

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
You wouldn't be a baseball fan now would you?

Hey, how'd you guess that?

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I ususally don't judge a person based on their avatar to much (except in the case of Pisky, just kidding). I prefer to judge based on post quality, whether or not they're a mod, whether or not they're banned, etc. Of course avatars are there for a reason, to express the member. About the only time I do judge a person is when they have something like Master Chief in their avatar, then I know they're a video game fanatic like myself.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I've seen alot of really great avatars in this forum. The best part of having one, is the fact you can change them anytime..so long as you follow the guidelines, why should anyone judge?

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I seriously hope everyone thinks i look as good as, in a leather suite as my CAtWoman...lol

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
well mine is in tune with my sister asalas avatar she has the sweet gismo and heheheh im the gremlin im sure she would agree

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 04:10 AM
link   
i tend not to judge people by their avatar anymore, i judge them by their posting quality. its the best way i think

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
my avatar doesn't mean i'm a cat... i'd be a really talented cat if i could use the internet....

what the hell was I on about....!?!?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   
You can't really judge someone by their avatar,(to some extent) but you CAN see what their interests are.

BTW: Disregarding every post I have made, what kind of person would you think I am by judging my av?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Pisky,

You had me fooled! I thought you were a baby! lol....a really smart one that could type....ha ha ha.

Faeryland

oh, I forgot.....yeah, I kind of do judge by the avatar....well not really judge as much as get a first impression for personality.

[edit on 17-5-2005 by Faeryland]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
YES I DO

I am so way more shallow than Jonna could ever even possibly think about wanting to be!!!!

Jonna

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Yes, I'm that shallow. ha!

^^^^^^^^^

My evidence

get back in the cage/whale Jonna! :p

[edit on 17-5-2005 by Lysergic]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
i tend not to judge people by their avatar anymore, i judge them by their posting quality. its the best way i think

anymore?

It's the only way. To judge by their choice of photo is just stupid.

[edit on 17-5-2005 by parrhesia]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join