It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you judge a person by their choice of avatar?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Do you have different perceptions of members here on ATS because of their avatar choice?

What made you choose the avatar that you have? I personally change my avatar every week or so.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I judge a person by their posts. I've changed my avatar so many times, but then i decided to starting making my own. I going to stick with my Scooter Ward avatar

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
God I hope not.

I think the worst thing people do is assume an avatar with a female in it means the poster is female. Not always true, though I've done it myself.

And the reverse of course, that a guy avatar means someone's a guy.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I've changed mine once, and I think that the avatar reflects the person who chose it. I'm a pink floyd fan, and my avatar is of the album Meddle.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Only when they are political personnalities. Or hot chicks (joke @ Rant)

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I agree with 'infinite' about judging by peoples posts lol

In my opinion that gives you a idea about wether they have a wicked sense of humour and big posts providing facts or wether they like to question stuff etc etc..

hehe @rant...i think thats a common mistake lol

whats the saying....'dont judge a book by its colours lol'

Rynaldo

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
i mostly judge by posts but you should still make an effort to have a hot avatar like mine made by zedd KL or darklanser. i have had 4 avatars. Tony montana. F-22, dude playing basketball, and the dude playing bball i have now.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Don't judge a book by its cover you mean
now SketpicOverlord avatar, very good and i laughed so much when i saw that
good work thou

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Heh when people see my avatar/mood/location i think they get a pretty good indication that i like cars.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I know I have been judged for mine, not this one, but for some of my fav. I think people show how the feel at times with them. I do not judge people by them . the are just pictures, each person will see what the want.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I think the worst thing people do is assume an avatar with a female in it means the poster is female. Not always true, though I've done it myself.

And the reverse of course, that a guy avatar means someone's a guy.

My avatar is niether guy or girl. But its obvious Im a guy. Avatars are more like a sample plate of your interests. I think Im going to change mine.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I like Dilbert alot. So lately its been Dilbert avatars...but I only have 1 more left
...thats the Pointy Haired Boss. But nope....i dont judge on avatar. I judge on how many warnings they have...if they have negative points or not...and whatever it is that they are posting on.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Mine used to be my eye, but now I like this cd cover I made for a local band in photoshop.....

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Alot of people on the board seem to think I'm female because of my avatar. I'm not, I just really like hot chicks like; Jessica Alba and Adrianna Lima. I don't judge people by their avatars though, sometimes you can tell stuff about people by the avatar they choose.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Sometimes the avatars confused me about the gender of the member so I apologize if I call she a he, and viceversa

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I'm not a baby

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
well as you all know i am a guy i use this avatar cos i am interested in Anton LeVey that sort of thing O.K i dont post much stuff about him or others tahts cos i am more interested i like to gather info.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Yes, I'm that shallow. ha!

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
well as you all know i am a guy i use this avatar cos i am interested in Anton LeVey that sort of thing O.K i dont post much stuff about him or others tahts cos i am more interested i like to gather info.

oh, thought it was cause I posted that seksay beast yer using

He does look a lil creepy though. Too bad he is dead.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
haha yeah partly cos Lysergic posted it and i had been looking for an avatar like what i've got now

again Lysergic.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join