It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you judge a person by their choice of avatar?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I so taught Scat was MALE. It funny how you assume things by opioions.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
I so taught Scat was MALE. It funny how you assume things by opioions.

I am usually quite good at guessing gender by the way a person formats their sentences. The strange thing is that when a person is heavily religious, I have a much harder time guessing.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I dont judge on avatars- but in a way they give you an idea of what the person may be into- i choose my avatars because i like the look of them lol

I deffinatley judge by a persons post lol

What do people get off my avatar?!

[Edited on 06/27/2004 by misspickle]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
If I was a female I would have called myself HellMutter...

...uh, sorry.
I guess you�d have to be norwegian to get that joke...
Mutter in norwegian means "mother" or "mama" = "Hell-Mama"...

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
I don't get why people use to tend to believe I was female as I have never had an female avatar.

I'm male. M A L E!!!

I thought you used that one female character avatar? It looked like a female or a very fragile male.

Avatars represent us, but people shouldn't be judged by them.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I am regularly accused of being cavalier or cocky due to my avatar or I have been written off. But the girlies seem to enjoy it.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
yup i enjoy looking at your avatar Agent- very nice indeed lol

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I've got alot of respect for anyone that can keep the same avatar for any length of time as I just can't do it.

Some no matter what the situation ALWAYS just crack me up too. That dancing bunny one? James the Lesser I think.

DAMN. He just changed it.

I swear I just looked that up. I wanted to see the dancing bunny. Am I thinking of the wrong member?

Anyway, I have to admit some yank my chain right off the bat too just as they are intended I'm sure. I'm not fond of exploding stuff for some reason. Just makes me angry.

Now submit to Jodie Foster... You know you want to.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
usually if someone has cartoons or japanamation i think their kids and dont usually read their posts... or if its some sleezy pic of a chick i tend to pass the post... Anybody that uses an avatar of a sleezy slut, to me, I come to the conclusion that they will give some lame brain one liner that doesn't even come close to a deep thought, which is why I think they are usually teenagers... or trailer trash... one of the two...

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
do you think my avatar is slutty?
I try and keep one for a while- and the i get bored lol

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by misspickle

Nooooo MissP. I don't anyway. Makes me think of Nightmare Before Halloween for some reason. I like goth vampy bubble gum stuff.

And I change mine ALL the time too.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I try and keep one for a while- and the i get bored lol

No I don't think it's slutty - I think it's pretty cool. Like RANT said, it's got a certain Tim Burton-feel to it .

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Thank you both lol- i was gettin a little worried then- yeah i chose it because it reminds me of something from a tim burton film- am i right in saying he did beetlejuice?

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Thank you both lol- i was gettin a little worried then- yeah i chose it because it reminds me of something from a tim burton film- am i right in saying he did beetlejuice?

Yup, you're right.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Here's an example of a past ATS avatar I had to (a-hem) confiscate:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please don't repost it. Beyond that, anything you else you do with it is between you and God.

PS - If I'm not providing the proper clinical detachment here for the demonstrative purposes only example of an avatar in poor taste, then I'll see this post gets deleted with ruthless efficiency.

[Edited on 20-8-2004 by RANT]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I don't judge by avatars. It's content, that I draw conclusions from. People can be very creative and revealing with avatars. Mine was given to me by Bobbo. I like it, cuz it's cute, and I like reptiles. I have a natural affinity with them, and all fire-folk. I might be changing it soon, to something more....well, just wait and see!

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hetha
Mine was given to me by Bobbo.

Actually Bobbo asked me to create an avatar for you. So it�s my creation, I�m surprised he didn�t tell you that.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
No, he didn't. Thank you very much tho.
Very pleased with your work. Was glad he passed it on to me. I might consult you in the future, for a new avatar.
Perhaps something..more grown up..but I am working with some concepts right now. I'm in no hurry. Thanks again
KL!

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Here's an example of a past ATS avatar I had to (a-hem) confiscate:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please don't repost it. Beyond that, anything you else you do with it is between you and God.

PS - If I'm not providing the proper clinical detachment here for the demonstrative purposes only example of an avatar in poor taste, then I'll see this post gets deleted with ruthless efficiency.

[Edited on 20-8-2004 by RANT]

I cant remember...was that Lysergic or NotTooHappy??

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hetha
I might consult you in the future, for a new avatar.
Perhaps something..more grown up..but I am working with some concepts right now.

I would be happy to help.

btw-when he asked me to do an avatar for you he said the only condition was that it was a dragon and that it was cute, a difficult combination, that's why it looks kind of young.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join