It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lomas and knight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I would like to know what people think about these two men and their writings about Freemasonry.

Brother Gerard

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Greetings Gerard,

I finished the Book of Hiram not long ago and I found it thoroughly enjoyable. It was most insightful in the manner in whcih it put forward it's information and made for easy reading.

The BoH (Book of Hiram) focuses mostly on the historical side of who was Hiram Abif - not who is Hiram Abif. And although most of the information was entirely speculative, I could see why the average person would be convinced that it was fact.

But other than this - It was an extremely insightful read and has certainly enlightened me to several concepts I did not know were present in the Craft.

I give it four thumbs up -

Regards,
Bro. Daniel Brown

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gerard
I would like to know what people think about these two men and their writings about Freemasonry.

Brother Gerard

Bro. Gerard,

I have The Hiram Key and The Second Messiah, both by Lomas & Knight. Honestly, they're fascinating reads and very enjoyable...but history, they "ain't" (Sorry Bro. Daniel) I haven't bothered buying the Book of Hiram because of the conjecture and speculation, lack of foot-notes, etc. in the first two books. I'm always suspicious of writers who state things to be fact with no resources to back them up. I could be completely wrong about the latest book, they may have foot-notes and facts that are proveable, but it's not likely based on their other work. As far as The Hiram Key goes, I've stated in another thread that it wouldn't even make a good door-stop but I take that back. If you tear out the first 46 pages, bend the front board over the spine and kick it in there with your foot, it makes a darn-fine door-stop.

Fraternally,

John Karnes (Senrak)

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by senrak
Hiram Key and The Second Messiah, both by Lomas & Knight. Honestly, they're fascinating reads and very enjoyable...but history, they "ain't" (Sorry Bro. Daniel) I haven't bothered buying the Book of Hiram because of the conjecture and speculation, lack of foot-notes, etc.

I have not read the Hiram Key or The Second Messiah - but The Book of Hiram is fundamentally an archaeological, and historical account of Hiram Abif and the astonomical coordinates of Venus - in regards to how they relate to the layout of the Lodge.

Fraternally,

John Karnes (Senrak)

Greetings Bro. John, I had no idea you posted here - what a nice little surprise. Would you care to share some insight into the 'Two Pillars' thread?

(This is Bro. Daniel Brown from the Sephirotic Order had you not recognised me already)

Regards,
Bro. Daniel Brown

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Greetings Bro. John, I had no idea you posted here - what a nice little surprise. Would you care to share some insight into the 'Two Pillars' thread?
(This is Bro. Daniel Brown from the Sephirotic Order had you not recognised me already)
Regards,
Bro. Daniel Brown

Bro. Daniel, Great to see you here! I'll look into that thread and share what (if anything) that I can contribute.

S&F

-John

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I have read the hiram key, the second messiah, uriels machine and the book of hiram. I recommend them to everyone, to be honest. No, they are not all "history." They are an analysis of vague points in history using various facts in an attempt to create a picture of what might have happened. I would say 50% historical/archaelogical, 50% detective work. Not something to take as pure truth, but great books to inspire thought, and full of many not so commonly known facts.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by senrak

Originally posted by Gerard

Brother Gerard

Bro. Gerard,

I have The Hiram Key and The Second Messiah, both by Lomas & Knight. Honestly, they're fascinating reads and very enjoyable...but history, they "ain't" (Sorry Bro. Daniel) I haven't bothered buying the Book of Hiram because of the conjecture and speculation, lack of foot-notes, etc. in the first two books. I'm always suspicious of writers who state things to be fact with no resources to back them up. I could be completely wrong about the latest book, they may have foot-notes and facts that are proveable, but it's not likely based on their other work. As far as The Hiram Key goes, I've stated in another thread that it wouldn't even make a good door-stop but I take that back. If you tear out the first 46 pages, bend the front board over the spine and kick it in there with your foot, it makes a darn-fine door-stop.

Fraternally,

John Karnes (Senrak)

Yes I too read The Hiram Key but quickly got fed up with it when they attempted to claim that Jesus was a mason. The stuff about ancient Egypt did not ring true either and the book’s historical claims seem to be no more than speculation. It was entertaining though, what I did read of it that is!

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
There is a new book coming soon Turning the Hiram key, I received this link from Lewis Masonic last week. Pre launch information. Advance orders are being taken.

www.turningthehiramkey.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
While I enjoyed " The Second Messiah" to a point... what I find most troubling is their contention that most of the degrees conferred after the 3rd have been changed. Has anyone ever found any evidence to backup or refute this allegation?

new topics

top topics

join