It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I suspect reality is as follows, and I want liberation from it

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

This no cheap shot my dear.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Ok...for just a sec, lets pretend there is a God. A supreme being, energy...whatever...that created and maintains or manages everything. And this God not only knows about everything...he/she/it can even create it and do...well...anything. What an amazing power. Just think for a second about the size of the universe. Now, look at yourself. Your own intelligence and what YOU can create and maintain. Hell...some of us can't even balance a checkbook, but God juggles the universe...if not more.

So...how in the world can we attempt, let alone think we can resolve such questions. If there is a God, we would be so far from that he/she/it that saying "we are like ants" is a major overstatement. I'm fine with the idea of throwing around ideas, but lets be honest. We are far, far, far too stupid to understand anything on the level of what a God would have to be. We can say "how can God allow" this or that. But with our embryonic understanding...we can't answer. And will likely just confuse ourselves further.

The conclusion? Be nice...live life for the betterment of yourself and others...and hope for the best.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
" I have seen posts where it is claimed we must live 144 separate lives to qualify for ‘advancement’ and threads claiming we have to live ALL lives on earth before we collectively move on."

quote from original post.

1st I'm new here so forgive and learn me if I'm doing something out of protocol.

2nd Where are the posts mentioned from the above quote. I would love to read them as I feel there is truth in that.

3rd never thought of the time reference from original post, but I dig it. There is no time. It's just made up to help you cope, sort of thing. When you die you go to whatever time period.

4th The rocky clip has some good wisdom to it, thanks.

My 2 cents on this topic is that there are levels. Your "energy" "soul" always exist. Whether you're an fungus, ant, reptile, a bird, fish, or a human or the higher level(s) above human. This all depends on whether you "graduate" that level. If you fail that level then you go back to a previous level. I guess when you've reached the top levels then you get to know all the details of the game you've been through. Who knows.

So this can explain the scum bag humans out there, the pedo's, rapists, murderers, thieves, ignorant people. Their "energy", "soul" is of the lower form, their energy just came up from a lower level and they don't know or haven't learned how to deal with the level that they're at and thus fail at it. They either go to a lower level from human to "re-learn" or repeat being a human until they do get it.

I heard a story about a very young boy that would have nightmares of burning in an airplane and crashing. He was very descriptive and his parents took note. Turns out his story relates almost exactly to a WW2 pilot that died in a fiery crash over the pacific in battle. Everything he would say, draw write matched up. That in his youth, he hadn't quite yet forgotten his last life, still had some recollection of it.

I myself have experienced this. I was told by my parents that I woke them, I was asleep, screaming and trying to climb the wall, to get away from something. Yelling, "it's going to get me, ahhhh.." I was far to young to remember this. But I have a suspicion that I was killed by something, horribly, in my last life. Maybe this is my redo, since my life was ended prematurely or I failed somehow and got thrown to the lions.

~nast

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jacknast76

Wellcome aboard, some interresting thought's you have, some believe you can do it in this life time, it's levels of realization/
I kind of see it in part as compassion for others, sort of seeing thru their eyes.

You know to some of the molesters were molested when they were children,doesn't make it right, but when does the child become broken, and grow up to become a defective adult.

It will all come out in the wash, just need to get past that spin cycle.

It won't belong now, the Singularity is coming.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

You've about summed up my vendetta against reality.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Also I appreciate your appraisal of how 'what dreams may come' are typically a byproduct of a persons biases. I tend to feel absolute positions on any subject are about as intellectually stimulating as watching paint dry. The only thing I can say with any real certainty is come hell or high water 0 natural exigency will happen.

If not, I'll at least die fighting to see it happen.
edit on 24-10-2010 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Life is tough eh? Rapist, murderers, pedophiles and the rest of the gang got you down? The world doesn't work the way you think it should? Tough s&^*. Not trying to be rude but sounds like a big pity party to me. We have been being bastards to each other since day 1. You can blame God, insha'allah, Krishna and the whole lot till your blue in the face. It's our fault. Even if there is a higher power(which I personally doubt) then you cant really blame him/her/them. WE as people only truly grow in the face of adversity. Other than that all you can do is take it one day at a time and try to be a good person.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
i dont mean to offend you, but it sounds like youve overloaded yourself and tried so hard to understand what happens when we die that you just became frustrated with not knowing. the only sure thing in life is death, and its for that reason that we should try hard to enjoy the life were living now rather then worrying about what happens after we die. like i said, i really dont want to offend you but it sounds to me that you need a sabbatical from this subject. dont focus on the negative, thrive on the positive. and even if we are reincarnated after we die, you wont remember your past lives so you wont feel "tired". so i say chill out, and focus on fixing the things you truely have power over. for a third time, i hope i didnt offend and i only wish for you to find the peace you seek. thanks!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

No i BELIEVE you are wrong, we live in the Matrix.....

Another unfalsfiable hypothesis that no one can prove right or wrong.

And it's back to square one; no one knows the truth.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

The struggle of good and evil as you call it are the fundamental building blocks of all we know. Push and pull yin and yang positive and negative all describe the formula of the universe. Without the bad there is no good or how would you know the difference? There lies the true beauty of the cosmos the eternal dance of opposing forces that create the reality we live in. Imagine there was no evil in universe how could you truly be happy with no comparason of the sadness. no Evil equals no balance equals no universe equals you wouldnt even be here to complain.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by takemetourleader

good and evil are subjective.

Certainly in some situations evil might be considered as negative actions, causing upset, harm, destruction of people for the fun or it.

Theres no good and evil only a percieved good and evil.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

And freedom, you shall have if, you accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour.
Your body needs to be rid of the human soul you are born with. in other words
your human soul needs to be exorcised and removed from your body and replaced with the
Holy Spirit.
Then you will have freedom and never reincarnate again, for you shall never die but have everlasting life.
Praise the Lord.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

I don't believe Jesus was anything special but a man who could have existed with half decent values for the time, not all which were decent though.

He was known to tell slaves to be loyal to their masters, (Rather than saying slavery was a bad thing)

Bible bashers love to deny the evil of the old testament even though the new testament is just as guilty.

Seems modern morality isn't enough for some people.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreAWAKE
So...how in the world can we attempt, let alone think we can resolve such questions. If there is a God, we would be so far from that he/she/it that saying "we are like ants" is a major overstatement. I'm fine with the idea of throwing around ideas, but lets be honest. We are far, far, far too stupid to understand anything on the level of what a God would have to be. We can say "how can God allow" this or that. But with our embryonic understanding...we can't answer. And will likely just confuse ourselves further.

The conclusion? Be nice...live life for the betterment of yourself and others...and hope for the best.

We are God, we have been tricked into thinking we have no power, that we should hope for the best. If we dont take responsibility for our own advancement nobody will.

Are we passive observers? watching life like a DVD or do we have the chance to form our own reality?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacknast76
" I have seen posts where it is claimed we must live 144 separate lives to qualify for ‘advancement’ and threads claiming we have to live ALL lives on earth before we collectively move on."

quote from original post.

Where are the posts mentioned from the above quote. I would love to read them as I feel there is truth in that.

~nast

The Bible states we must wear many "coats" before we go to see God. Could easily describe lifetimes needed.

Iam not sure where the numbers come in, its kind of mechanical so it does make sense but its got a bit of a Jesuit tinge to it.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Anyone seeking to make sense of this world and our place in it might benefit from this link - Give your humanity some credit.
www.sgi.org...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

maybe it is..maybe the life ur living is ur "punishment" for past transgressions

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Well, I've thought about this very thing from earliest awareness...here is my intuitive take for what it's worth.

God as Process. Since I believe systems have a raison detre, my theory is that the ultimate, all connecting system, God, aka The Original Self-Realizing Thought, aka The Giant Battery of Creation, aka The Continuously Creative, hatched us (just as Bible floridly tells us in allegory) as co-creators and shards/cells that feed this ISness, aka The Giant Battery, by continuously churning, clashing, bashing, harmonizing, annhilating, sparking, repulsing, attracting, igniting and generally, continously creating REALITY ...ongoing reality creators. Sounds kind of like a millstone effect, earth is hard stuff, but yields a lot of rich reality fodder to enliven and generate the continuance of the Giant Battery.

Us co-creators kick up energy of every density and dissolution, we slice, dice and flavor it through pain, anguish, delight, fear, hate, love, sublime connection. There is only one exception to this list imho. I'll get to that in a moment.

Ok, so here is where I really align to the world's belief's systems:

When we create acts of 'cohesion'....ie, BONDING through active acts of sympatico alignment, ie, LOVE, ie, selflessness, God grooves in the tightness of that dense and streaming pure energy. It is the primo creative stuff. High octane, energizes the tightest, most perfect, white hot core of God, aka The Continuously Creative. Love, though opportunistically evolved to serve our human survival, is the ultimate creative grade energy.

The gospels call these high acts of purity and love "Glorifying God"....I call it really stoking HIGH, the Giant Battery ---it's all semantics you know.

Now as to the one dynamic I left out of the list above ( and I KNOW this is a very imperfect theory, many holes exist in it, but just bear with me)...that dynamic is SELFISHNESS, which in essence is, SEPARATION FROM GOD.

Which ironically is, in essence, impossible actually, but it IS an illusion that can be fostered subjectively by the individual cell. The net result is personal casting about, eventual misery, and a net neutral/dead-end output of creative energy/reality fabric to the Giant Battery. Not satisfying, no purpose, existential dread. Walking dead.

Whereas acts of cohension (Love) tighten, bond and strengthen the enlivening energies of the Giant Battery--and thus all the reality that flows from it.

Conversely, separation from God loosens the reality fabric, dissipates the grid, the connection. Of course what is less than an eyelash to God is an incalculable vacuum for the soul that attempts to separate and pull away.

But this can only be temporary anyway, permanent separation requires a permanent illusion-- it cannot be REAL. Everything IS God, just the way it is. But even temporary, it is a hellishness to abide for the individual shard ( I believe forcing the illusion of separation from the source IS probably what we term Hell, in fact).

So there you have a primitive seed of my intuitive grasp of why we are here....we are reality generators/co-creators feeding the Giant Battery that must stay charged to "be". It's a divine task.

Sounds slavish, hence your despair...your soul knows the truth and strains for some artificial idea of "freedom". For a unique "self-realization" beyond God. That's not possible. But it's just a hiccup from your soul, getting too lost in the low vibe earth realm. Release the thought, let go to God, and your're free.

What you need to embrace is that that your soul made the brave decision to enter this dense, much of the time, agonizing realm as a human being. I've read esoteric texts--allegedly divinely inspired--that call the decision to incarnate as a human, the bravest act a soul can choose.

Because every soul yearns to tighten closely to the Source, to HOME (God) they understand that the hard contrasts we bear here, and the degree and quality of energy we are capable of creating, draws us closer to the Source, so we come here and love, fight, grow, endure and energetically evolve.

Eventually we may not choose more journeys to lower vibe realms/dimensions to school ourselves and kick up the gritty reality fuel----once illuminated, we have choice for a final cohesion in the core of God I believe.

God is The Thought, The Realization, The Continously Creative.

We both serve God and are God.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by verdeverde

verdeverde,

Your theory may not be provable and may be full of holes, but it makes a lot of sense to me. I've been having similar thoughts about existence lately. Thank you for sharing that. I think that we may be God and that we may be part of an infinite cycle.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
exceptional point of view.

you are not speaking on the level of right or wrong, black and white. you are disgusted by the sensation, the experience. overall is bad for you.

maybe it sounds weird but it's not that bad for me. i see love and empathy in most of the souls i meet. there is a hard nutshell over all of it, true, but trough a thousands worth dieing for i still see millions to live for.

the other bad thing that happens and the worst of all that people try to find love for people on the other side of the planet. people they have not met. yet they fail to care for the ones next to them. you cannot spread the "glow of your greatness" on a global level if you did not managed to "glow" a few feet distance.

how does it feel? what works and what doesn't? as a true god there is no glory ruling the universe, no love for it if the experience of simple chemical reaction escapes. the scent of a flower. the touch of a sword. getting laid. or putting your face in a big pile of cow droppings (don't try this at home).

all in all this is crucial no matter if we are all part of the same sentient body or a growing standalone version of a fractal equation.

144 separate faces could be enough for 1 complete cycle. what is the next level then?

“solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short.” (also as an answer)
solitary? who do you open yourselves to?
poor? what are you craving for? do you really need a ferrari?
nasty? the worst a cheese smells the better is tastes. there is always an alternate perspective to look trough.
brutish? the tender touch of my GF? never.
short? a single look at the morning sun and you feel the warmth for an age compressed in a second till you turn your teer filled eyes from it.

there is always an alternate perspective to look trough.

nature does exhibit love. even interracial compassion. don't you ever think, if the TV feeds you only with blood, that there is nothing more to it. simple example (not that "nature-ish"): i feed my cats when i arrive at home around 18. past week i found my budgie on the floor without a scratch (last year she wasn't so lucky though).

for me, time is just a measure to loose memory, nothing more.
if there is one able scientist and a creationist priest who can look at a world without time then there would not be an argument what created us. and they have all the knowledge for it, just fail the perspective. millions of theories can coexist side by side, just as billions of people do (more or less).

at some level every contradiction elevates the same truth. finding those levels is a good game for a lifetime.
and never ask why?
"Why are you doing this to us?"

you are searching for a reason. a reason is always an uncertain vague illusion.

like:
i feel full. so i must go to take a dump. i do not have a reason for it. it's just an illusion what i have of having n empty underside, when i sit on the toilet, i still feel full. when i'm done, then the reason becomes clear to me, it becomes reality. i feel light again. and that is an always different sensation of lightness.

reason is just another illusion of hope.

why are you going to your GF's place?
reason: to get laid.
hope: to get laid.
what's the difference?

you're about to drop an apple.
you never know if it's gonna hit the ground until you drop it. but you sure have faith it will.

they are the same, with different names. causality and effect is failed theory. there is only hope and faith.

and yes,... physics.. "laws" of the universe,.. all the BS (exaggerating) you might trow at me. reality is what WE make of it. so a plane where we are as one:
"the deepest level of truth is the truth of unity"
took me 6 months this figure that out. now it's kinda like double rainbow.

basically: if none of the people have faith that there is an apple on the moon next to the US flag, it means it doesn't exists. so it's the basic definition of existence.

if we all believe there is life after death. there is no way or "reason" not to be.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Bags of water on a ball of dirt.

Enjoy the ride.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join