It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whistleblower site Wikileaks under attack!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Mr Mask, you clearly know way more about it than I have given credit for.Sorry.

As for the safety of Wikileaks erm, could WW3 could start from a site like that, I don't think so.

Have a nice day.
edit on 21-10-2010 by DomCheetham because: Fluff

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
scrub that twitter wsn't giving me correct updates.

edit on 21-10-2010 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie
It's looking extremely convenient... and for those of you that have never crossed an International Border in your lives.... it's not like driving or even flying to Disneyland!!

I have crossed international borders. In the vast majority of cases, unless you are looking suspicious, you won't even be noticed. Just because the CIA or DOD might be interested in Julian Assange doesn't mean that some random border guard is going to detain him, especially if the random border guard doesn't happen to guarding a U.S. border.

Wikileaks was not much of anything before this guy was sworn in...

This statement is patently false. Wikileaks was launched in 2006. They broke the Julius Baer scandal in early 2008, months before Obama was even elected. You should check facts and not just blindly believe what other users on this site tell you.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by achaiah86

The stargate thing is one of many levels here.
look more into tower of Babel and what S.H. was trying to accomplish with that. Also the green beenies and christians in action? possible? I hope that what truth is there you won't have to wait 20 yrs for.If only I could remove my gag and speek more freely, but sometimes half truths can muddy the waters. I wish I new the whole picture,
than at least my conscious would be clearer than my dreams.

peace my friends

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Never mind his co-founder [s]aying he is CIA...never mind people who worked with him stated on the record Assange was trying to "sell the documents for a profit"...never mind that wikileaks right nw is suffering a total collapse from the inside with many on his team bailing or calling him "untrustworthy".

John Young never actually said that Wikileaks is a CIA front. John Young said that he is suspicious of Wikileaks because of the secrecy that surrounds the organization, and that given that secrecy, he thinks they may be a CIA front. It's quite clear that he's done this to draw attention to his own site, cryptome.org.

Edit to add:

If any site is operated with the consent of the CIA or the DOD, it's John Young's cryptome.org. The site is hosted by the Network Solutions, which is located in Herndon, VA, only a short trip from the Pentagon:

$ nslookup cryptome.org
Server: 192.168.1.106
Address: 192.168.1.106#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: cryptome.org
Address: 205.178.145.65

$ whois 205.178.145.65
# The following results may also be obtained via:
# whois.arin.net...;q=205.178.145.65?showDetails=true&showARIN=false
#

Network Solutions, LLC NTSL-01 (NET-205-178-128-0-1) 205.178.128.0 - 205.178.191.255
Network Solutions, LLC NSLLC01 (NET-205-178-145-0-1) 205.178.145.0 - 205.178.145.255

edit on 21-10-2010 by markfelt because: Addition

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Folks, this Wikileaks scandal is out of our control.

For all we know, Julian Assange is the puppet of TPTB.

And by tracking his followers, TPTB could uncover the opponents of the war and gauge civilian threat profiles.

Didn't Bush say: If you're against us, you're on the side of the terrorists? Well, that is the mindset of any nation at war. The one with the most technological and global outreach is also the most dangerous proponent of such a mindset.

Bush started this mess. Assange will expose the futile resistance of it all.

I wish I were incorrect, but the beauty of conspiracies are you'll never reach the end, unless you are the one behind them.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
While I agree wikileaks is a great idea, what I have read extensively is not much different then what is released by governments. The one difference is these files were leaked as opposed to following the FOIA in the USA. I only am focusing on the USA content.

How the information was gathered breached security one way or another, the people's information ended up in a foreigners hands. A foreigner who flaunts this, launches a web site and says will tear the world down and rebuild it (i paraphrase).
Put it all into context, and this guy is a terrorist. A theif. A guy who would not follow the rule of law, in an effort to discredit a country he believes is wrong in their actions. He cannot prove his theories, so he resorts to being a theif trying to prove it.

So far what he has found is not groundbreaking or surprising. Not yet anyways. If he does find something that shakes the world up, then ill shake the guys hand and be glad for him. Right now, being skeptical based on whats happened so far is the only logical approach.

Is he a great man? We will see

I know one thing, if i wanted to take control of a bunch of computers I couldn't of thought of a better way to do it then Assange just did. He just might have duped a lot of people. Imagine if you will that this message means to begin an attack on the north american net and take it down....what if the insurance file is something used to help deploy their evil schemes.

People here talk about being careful of the MSM, dont trust government, and all that jazz. Yet this guy, who uses the MSM, evades authorities, and manages to keep his site online and in interest manages to gain peoples trust by using illegal information leaks as bait. Its pure genius.
edit on 21-10-2010 by CanuckCoder because: Finished a thought...

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by achaiah86
okay so im even lost with all of this wikileak stuff. I served overseas and understand there are a LOT of false information when it comes to the war in the box. But what im not getting is why does wikileaks think its okay to instigate with a 50 ft giant? what is this all over>? info?

He probably believes that we the people have a right to know what is really happening so we the people can decide whether or not we the people will allow it to continue.

My personal opinion is that the owner of WL is simply trying to get us to remember who is really in charge....WE THE PEOPLE are.

So when you ask, why is he taking on a 50 ft giant, I ask you does it matter if it's the right thing to do?
Did it matter in 1776 what the odds were? Some thing are worth fighting for. If you've served your country, you know this !
And by the way, thank you for being brave enough to serve your country ! Big props to you

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by achaiah86
reply to post by boondock-saint

okay i didnt want to guess but i was right, ive tried not to pay attention to MSM and have the TV off most of the time. So no one is thinking that the reason wiki is having so many problems with getting info out because the US gov dosnt want us to know that the Iraq was was over who had control over a Stargate? no joke. Im wondering all the strange things occuring, why not? what if thats what will be happening>? they want to have war for as long as possible so they think they will stop it activating? thats just my far out opinion of the war.

The very first page

You that The stargate only exists on tv right?
It would be cool if they were real but they are not.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
"Major WikiLeaks press conference in europe coming up; to book [press/NGO only], mail [email protected]."

Less than a minute ago, from wikileaks twitter.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I've been following this from the beginning.
Just checked the twitter account for wikileaks. It says it's over capacity.
Checked a friends twitter page and it works fine so apparently it is just the Wikileaks page that is overloaded.
What am I missing?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdenofdreams
"Major WikiLeaks press conference in europe coming up; to book [press/NGO only], mail [email protected]."

I believe this has been up since this morning.
Maybe I am wrong.
What is gong on?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I think you have a point and ultimately we can't really know but why would Mr. Assange be willing to work with Iceland to pass more expansive protections of journalists in that country if he was a U.S. agent.

How does Iceland having stronger protections for journalists than anywhere else on earth factor into Mr. Assange working with the U.S. govt intelligence agencies. That to me does not add up.

The simple fact might be that many nations and airlines do not share passenger information with the U.S. unless flights go over or into the U.S. and therefore the U.S. doesn't know where Mr. Assange is going.

Whatever is going on here, I hope Mr. Assange is able to maintain the traditions of a free press in Iceland and elsewhere, he has a lot more courage than I do.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by algaedyne

Originally posted by burdenofdreams

I believe this has been up since this morning.
Maybe I am wrong.
What is gong on?

The operative question, in my mind, is exactly what you just asked!
What is going on?

A cryptic tweet comes out about a cyber attack...
Page goes "down" - yet still has a "down for maintenance" page that loads... (hrm)
And, then, a "press conference" tweet...

My two cents?

PT Barnum would be proud. Very proud.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Major WikiLeaks press conference in europe coming up; to book [press/NGO only], mail [email protected]

said it updated 2 minutes ago... weird
twitter.com...
edit on 21-10-2010 by dreadblitz because: added one more line

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
for all anyone knows wikileaks encrypted a cook book and all this is a publicity stunt designed to get traffic to their site so more people are informed of the criminal and murderous actions of the american government and/or its a bluff to get some of the heat off thats being applied by the pentagon and the government.

if wikileaks announces that they've "won" and no longer need the insurance or don't release the encryption, then more than likely it was a stunt.

then again we'll never know because they'll never admit to it and face losing all credibility.
edit on 21-10-2010 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

You still don't know how wikileaks even works. I can't believe you'd continue to comment on something you have no idea about. No one "steals" anything. Whistleblowers need a way to get their info out without fear of reprisal or death, and wikileaks supplies that. People have died because organizations caught them submitting information. That's how important it is.

The only way to stop these secretive thugs from pulling off all sorts of horrible schemes is to expose them, and that is just what Wikileaks helps people to do. In fact, I'm starting to believe that you're a mole of some kind, derailing discussion about one of the few honest sources of information out there. Not only is Assange not "evil" for exposing the establishment (and only someone with TPTB would assume that that is evil), he's actually doing something about some of the rotten stuff that happens in the world, rather than just sitting on his ass talking about it.

How dare anyone who sits aside doing nothing talk bad about someone who has made an incredible effort?

And how do you explain the US government blocking a bank account that funded Wikileaks? It would really be nice if you'd stop spreading disinformation and conflict so that people who know better can have an intelligent discussion.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by markfelt

Breaking a midlevel scandal or two... ATS has broken more than that. As far as things go to tell me I need to get my facts straight and imply I don't know what I'm talking about or I'm somehow new to this arena is laughable to say the least. Just because I don't get down with personality cults no matter which side they claim to be on does not reflect IN ANY WAY on my grasp of the situation.

I just don't buy hype... and wikileaks is PURE MILE WIDE INCH DEEP ALL FLASH NO BANG HYPE!!

Oh and when hero boy gets a 2000 Aussie dollar fine and time served for serious breaches of hacking laws in the 90's in Australia.... Yeah I consider that 3 strikes 2 technical fouls and a blown weigh in worth of warning signs.

You can feel free to disagree with me ... but to feel the need to suggest I don't know what I'm talking about because YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT I HAVE TO SAY... well oooh what's that called oh yeah AD HOMINEM....

Qui bono? folks it's the only question that matters

Edit to add: And while i might seem sarcastic mean and impatient... The reality of the situation breaks down like this. The ignorance apathy and inability to critically think of the VAST MAJORITY of people even here adversely affects MY FREEDOMS as well as theirs. I have every right to be angry. And quite honestly, I'm more angry at those of you who STILL DON"T GET IT even after being SLAPPED IN THE FACE by a BLATANTLY BROKEN system that DOESN"T EVEN TRY TO HIDE their dirty moves and power plays anymore than I am at those working the system to bleed us all white and take our wealth our health and our liberty.

The reality is the fix for this whole mess is easy... but it requires unity and people being willing to fight someone OTHER THAN EACH OTHER...
edit on 21-10-2010 by roguetechie because: Fight the power not the people

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
So if the best way to catch whistleblowers and get secret documents is to set up a site like wikileaks,
Can somebody explain to me the reasons for officially hinting it to be a CIA front?

And if it is running so well like we are led to believe, why the need to discredit it now or scare away potential sources?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
A cryptic tweet comes out about a cyber attack...
Page goes "down" - yet still has a "down for maintenance" page that loads... (hrm)
And, then, a "press conference" tweet...

The tweet actually said that Wikileaks' communications infrastructure was under attack. It never said anything about the website being under attack. These are two different things. Wikileaks has been known to coordinate over IRC, Skype, encrypted e-mail, etc. (Remember that the Wikileaks contributors live in disparate parts of the world)

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join