It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whistleblower site Wikileaks under attack!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Whistleblower site Wikileaks under attack!

twitter.com

WikiLeaks communications infrastructure is currently under attack. Project BO move to coms channel S. Activate Reston5.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I have been following the Wikileaks twitter page since yesterday. About 2 minutes ago this cryptic tweet was posted. Haven't checked out the website if it's working currently or not.

It might be related to them posting their insurance file's torrent link again and there was also speculation in previous threads that they might be releasing the password to their insurance file soon enough.

twitter.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Can't link to the full article and seems Twitter is the same as yesteday - no tweets.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Site is down, but not sure if its being ddosed or just routine maintenance. Usually a site being ddossed will not display any page, theirs is.

This is another strange twitter from Wikileaks, following their last one about their funding being blocked after being blacklisted by the US gov, and one that blames Wired magazine for planting false stories about wikileaks (that one I can believe). Poulson (editor at Wired, and former convicted hacker) is most certainly a disinfo agent for the federal government, I base that claim on the amount of planted stories he wrote regarding a fed agent masking as a hacker/spammer ("Master Splynter") operating a sting web site known as "Dark Market". If he's willing to do that then he's willing to plant other stories.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This is a communication message to someone... operation BO is more than likely "black ops" or "barack obama".

They are moving to a different com channel? Channel S.

What could that be.... and what about "Activate Reston5"

Is this a password to our insurance file? Reston is a suburb of DC where lots of spooky stuff goes on , such as NRO etc.

This message has me all a-twitter!

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Reston is also home of the largest datacenter for the WWW.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by enteri

Thanks for grabbing that up for us.

S&F

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Yep. When I learned Reston was a suburb of DC I thought that it was most likely a good code word for what the insurance file may contain. Although who knows. I still maintain this is excellent entertainment.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Do you really think government agents would leave such obvious trails.
Using your activity (BO = black ops) and your location as code words would be akin to yelling "here I am" "I'm doing this". Most likely it's someone trying to point the finger to sensationalize.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
No,
Reston is where the attack is coming from

S = Skype

Activate Reston5 = activate the 5 hackers to attack or block Reston

I wouldn't be surprised if Twitter don't go down shortly
as Assange seems to be using that as a backup
coms

seems cyberwar is underway over release of these documents

edit on 10/20/2010 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Judging by the message, it seems to be a message for the people on project bo. hard to tell if its from wikileaks though. it probably is and is involved in a counter-attack. their website currently displays an under construction page.

Sounds exciting!
edit on 20-10-2010 by shiman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
okay so im even lost with all of this wikileak stuff. I served overseas and understand there are a LOT of false information when it comes to the war in the box. But what im not getting is why does wikileaks think its okay to instigate with a 50 ft giant? what is this all over>? info?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by achaiah86
what is this all over>? info?

war crimes and mass murder
and the conspiracy thereof
of a super-power
namely the US of A.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

okay i didnt want to guess but i was right, ive tried not to pay attention to MSM and have the TV off most of the time. So no one is thinking that the reason wiki is having so many problems with getting info out because the US gov dosnt want us to know that the Iraq was was over who had control over a Stargate? no joke. Im wondering all the strange things occuring, why not? what if thats what will be happening>? they want to have war for as long as possible so they think they will stop it activating? thats just my far out opinion of the war.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by achaiah86

question:
why would the US need control
over Iraq to open or control a stargate?
Couldn't they do that almost
anywhere?

Is there some sort of geographic
importance other than the fact
that Iraq was originally called
Babylon in the Bible?

Or is Iraq (Old Babylon) the key to open
the bottomless pit to release Satan through
the Stargate? hmmmm
interesting theory
edit on 10/20/2010 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Just stopping by to openly say, once again, as I do in every wikileaks thread-

I'm not buying this cloak-n-dagger BS for one second.

If you feel safe trusting in the story of "some super hacker" with "no place of real residence" traveling country to country while operating out of a backpack- all the while dodging the CIA and Interpol successfully- well I guess you have your reasons...

As for me, I think this is all a project and have seen wikileaks provide nothing groundbreaking.

The guy does nothing but back up the original story of Osama B and his evil shadow clan of super terrorists, all the while appearing in one live interview after the next, unmolested and unattested.

Yeah sorry...The guy don't seem real to me...and it shocks me that so many people on here are willing to trust the government is "clever/stupid" enough to fabricate 911- but thinks Mr Julian Assange CAN'T be a government operated trap and/or disinfo.

Go figure...

PS- Mr Assange...prove me wrong or just go away.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Try not to be so shocked....some of us like the cloak and dagger stuff....it's ATS for Pete's sake. Besides this kind of cloak and dagger stuff may have a serious impact on how our government conducts it's affairs....and I say it's about time someone called out the powers that attack their own people and homeland in order to manipulate the masses into another war for the sake of corporate interests.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Mask
u may be right
it may all be a sham
or we all may be players
in an outer space soap
opera broadcasting to
aliens on planet Reticuli.
Who knows, Assange may
even be an Alien or even
an Angel. Who knows???
But it's a nail biter
in every sense of the word.

edit on 10/20/2010 by boondock-saint because: spelling

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by Mr Mask

Try not to be so shocked....some of us like the cloak and dagger stuff....it's ATS for Pete's sake. Besides this kind of cloak and dagger stuff may have a serious impact on how our government conducts it's affairs....and I say it's about time someone called out the powers that attack their own people and homeland in order to manipulate the masses into another war for the sake of corporate interests.

Sorry, it is impossible for me to "not be shocked" over people blindly accepting this wikileaks as truth.

In fact, I have no idea what drives anyone to trust a website that is doing one of two things (or both?)

1) Stealing from government classified documents and openly sharing them with the world. Does anyone for one second even think that this Julian Assange (if legit) is criminal and dangerous for doing this? Think about it...do you feel "safe" knowing a stupid hacker guy is stealing information from our military and haphazardly just posting them for all our enemies? Or do you all just think things like- "hey cool! Mr Assange is totally awesome and fighting the good fight!"

2) Working hand in hand with government agencies, working towards an agenda that blurrs the lines between truth and lies.

Lets face it...wikileaks is NOT the first whistleblowers website on the net, yet it is the first to receive coverage and publication by the mainstream media...and why? What has this website shown us thus far?

That Osama B is real and dangerous?
That the wars we fight are real and some people die in them?
That the CIA and Interpol are crippled in the duty of catching Mr Assange?

Sorry...not buying it...the guy is a ghost...Bradly Manning is a ghost...there is no real proof of these people even existing...and I for one doubt anyone could be doing what wikileaks is doing without being silenced or removed quickly enough...

But not Julian...he gets up on international press stages, gives public speeches, dodges rape chargers AND releases sensitive government secrets without missing a beat or even ending up in a down-town holding cell.

Sure...yeah...international man of mystery lives out of his backpack, traveling country to country breaking countless laws and pissing off our intelligence agencies, and still operates openly and safely...

Sorry...this sort of crap don't fly with me. Julian Assange is doing MORE AND MORE to help the USA cover their butts buy releasing "sensitive info" that just defends the original story of 911, terror and Osama's super forces of box-cutter warriors...

Sorry...I agree with the Pentagon's statements on this one- that wikileaks has all the hallmarks of a CIA operation.

And for the record- if wikileaks IS REAL, anyone defending a madman's ability to publish secret documents of America's defense systems/agencies is really messed up.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Well, i wouldnt trust in just one super-hacker. but when you have a team of people, an organized team of hackers, stuff gets done. and projects arent usually just one person alone. its usually a team of people and its usually organized.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join