It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be Proud Be Gay Be a Marine

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Now seriously, nothing personal with this question, I promise. I don't care which of you may be gay, I really don't. But do gays really have the aggressive, killer instinct necessary to be on the front lines killing people? Every one I've met, and even the gay friends I've had, are anything but. I've never put that much thought into it really, but it seems they have all been very effeminate and submissive. I just don't see it myself, but ok, someone convince me.

I ask that question not to insult or intimidate whatsoever- but just to get an opinion.

You know that's a good question.
I'm sitting here thinking of the gay people I know in my life and I can truly say,
out of every one of them, cousins, co-workers, neighbors, friends, each one of those guys is really soft and kind of girly like, even if theyre the 'husband' in their gay relationship.
Maybe there are some alpha dog raging testosterone gays, but I cant remember meeting any.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HAMMERAX

Serving in the military is not a right. It is a privilege.

Never forget that.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I bet Osama went back in time and created homosexuals to subvert our military so he could win the war of terror and converts us all to islam.

If you dont believe me, you are a nwo sheeple.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I dont' understand some people's paranoia over this.

I agree.

I liken it to peoples fears of possibly having a Muslim in the White House.
It really all boils down to prejudices. Whether they want to admit this or not.

- Lee
edit on 20-10-2010 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Explanation: Hmmm?

There is so much wrong here this is going to take a while!

1stly to those talking about rights ...

UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights [un.org]

Specifically...

PREAMBLE
Whereas recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world,

Whereas disregard and contempt for human rights have resulted in barbarous acts which have outraged the conscience of mankind, and the advent of a world in which human beings shall enjoy freedom of speech and belief and freedom from fear and want has been proclaimed as the highest aspiration of the common people,

Whereas it is essential, if man is not to be compelled to have recourse, as a last resort, to rebellion against tyranny and oppression, that human rights should be protected by the rule of law,

Note all edits to bold, underline and or italicalize are mine for emphasis!

Also...

Article 1.
•All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Article 2.
•Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.

So here is my POV on that...

If I joined the armed forces I'd definately frown upon any sexual fraternization, between any members within that organization, purely out of conflict of interests concerns and this has nothing to do with my own sexuality or theirs. [which requires no prefix or suffix thanks
]

But I dont need to join as I'm already my own taskmaster and my own bosscop and I vote as a citizen which traditionally ment I could carry a sword and support a war [Ancient Athenian men were ALL senators
]!!!

So when is War all aok???
Oh thats right... I posted it above!

Whereas it is essential, if man is not to be compelled to have recourse, as a last resort, to rebellion against tyranny and oppression, that human rights should be protected by the rule of law,

Now to those haarping on about showering etc... OMFG! Do you not realize the west has UAV drones and you no longer need to be on base EVER! [but oversight is highly desired and recommended!
]???

BTW if I'm enlisted I would consider all my fellow soldiers to be my "brothers in arms" [don't take that the wrong way now
:shk: ] and I'd rather not indulge in incest thanks very much!

Why is that OL???

Article 1.
•All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Personal Disclosure:
@ IGNORANCE!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Yeah I guess you guys are right, our soldiers are tough enough to fight the craziest most suicidal terrorists in the whole world, but they're just not capable of showering next to a gay man. That would just be too much.

And I don't know where you guys get this thing about how every gay guy you know is effeminate. Maybe it's just that you only notice the really effeminate gays? Because I'll tell ya, as a gay man who is very often mistaken for being straight, there are a lot more guys out there like me than you all realize. I also know a few gay guys in the Navy and Marines, and man I'd love to see one of you ATS fairies try to tell them that they're too effeminate hahaha

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by acceler18

This is such a funny thing with gay-haters. They think the only gay people they see are the flaming ones. If they don't lisp, flip their wrist and wear pink bicycle shorts and boas, they must be straight!
Then they can say that the only gay people they know are flamers. Little do they know that some of the most masculine, gorgeous hunks of men are as gay as the day is long.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

There are basic physical readiness standards that every soldier (or airman or marine, etc) must meet to be able to enter and stay in the military. If at any point that soldier can't meet the requirements for their gender, age, etc .. then they are let go. Their sexual orientation is irrelevant in this regard.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by acceler18

This is such a funny thing with gay-haters. They think the only gay people they see are the flaming ones.

Whoa there,
I'm going to guess youre replying to what I wrote.
IF you are, you and the post above you are the ones attaching 'hater' not me.
I never mentioned any emotional involvement to the positon I hold on the issue,
So your guess as to who I am and how I think on the subject is actually the prejudice one.
I just stated a fact, 'the gay men I know' , are girly.
Maybe learn about someone and their held beliefs before swinging that axe.

(before it could do some good it was shut down)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I would say you have no idea of what it is like in a combat situation, you must trust in your fellow man weather gay or not, these brave men have signed up for a job knowing you will be shot at or killed…I would rather have them at my back than some.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
I'm going to guess youre replying to what I wrote.

You're not the only person who thinks gay guys are all effeminate. It's been said many times. But just realize that some of the macho guys you know might be gay, too.

You're right. I attached hater. If you don't hate gay people then my post doesn't apply to you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join