It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be Proud Be Gay Be a Marine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

you obviously no nothing about what gay men are like-
they like the big beef masculine packages.
as for feminine - are there not females in the service- and gay ones also?
i would want everybody in the unit to care about my sweet butt, thats for sure.
men and women are certainly capable of love that is not
of some "sinful"/ lustful motivation. grow up for christ's sake.
those who go in the military are stripped down and rebuilt ,right?
they are soldiers first- black ,mexican, muslim, women..
and like it or lump it - gay -
(as long as we dont let the transgendered in.)

edit on 20-10-2010 by p51mustang because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by p51mustang

I'm not talking about females. They have their own criteria and I find the low standards abissmal. I know a lot of gay men. My next door neighbors are gay males and they come over quite a few times for BBQ's and bring their friends, who most are gay also. They like to joke that I must be a closet homosexual because my baking skills are extrodianary.

My question in my last post stands, we all know that there are some homosexual men who can't win an arm wrestling match against a 13 year old girl.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

I DIDN'T SAY THEY SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO SERVE OPENLY.
I WAS TALKING ABOUT TYING THE NOT.

BUT THANKS FOR YOUR REMARKS.
I DO RESPECT WHAT EVERYONE DOES FOR THIS COUNTRY.
ALL GAYS SHOULD BE DRAFTED AND PUT IN THE FRONT LINES. LOL

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigDuke6
WE ARE ALL EQUAL IN A TIME OF WAR.

Yeah? Well how about back in the barracks taking a shower with someone you should normally not have to worry about looking at your naked body? Normal dudes don't care, just like women don't care. That changes with a homosexual, no matter how hard anyone tries to deny it. HELL NO I would not feel comfortable in the same shower. And it's damn unfair to expect the rest of the military to have to deal with it. They've got enough damn pressure on them as it is.

Yeah, right. I just get through getting shot at all day and having to kill people, only to go back to the barracks to have some freak looking at me that way? I'd fricken freak out myself.

If they've got to do it, at least take that pressure off the straight guys and put them in separate barracks. Jesus. Singing up to risk your life in the military didn't include this. Until now.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

If they was given time then the military would have accomodated your concerns. Extra shower times would have been available and people would have been moved around in barracks to open up new rooms, like they do female soldiers.

Thanks to this inconsiderate judge, the military is been thrown into a debate they don't care about. Things would have gone so much smoother if the military was allowed a 6 month grace period before allowing gays to serve in the open.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

There are also straight men who fit that criteria.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

I already addressed what usually happens to them. I also said most of the ones who cannot pass are booted out in basic training.

Can we please read my whole post before shooting from the hip? I have said before that I have no problems with gays in the military, I am just asking a valid question that seems nobody wants to answer and instead they want to run all around it trying to make up some excuse.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

no gay man in the world would find you remotely attractive. relax.
i showered for three years in a florida state prison
never had a problem. relax..
now..
could you give me a hand and find that soap?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Gays who do not fit the criteria will not get past basic training. There are already checks and balances in place.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Read my first post on the matter and then come back to me. I'm not going to repeat myself so you can catch up.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I will say it again: there are already checks and balances. I will clarify for you: if a gay man was kicked out of the army for not passing physical criteria, there would be paperwork. He could not sue because there would be evidence of his inability to perform.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Now seriously, nothing personal with this question, I promise. I don't care which of you may be gay, I really don't. But do gays really have the aggressive, killer instinct necessary to be on the front lines killing people? Every one I've met, and even the gay friends I've had, are anything but. I've never put that much thought into it really, but it seems they have all been very effeminate and submissive. I just don't see it myself, but ok, someone convince me.

I ask that question not to insult or intimidate whatsoever- but just to get an opinion.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Gays are already in the military, so I would say yes.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
people who are too fat or weak will be transformed by the drill instructor-
if you are too gay , too redneck ,too stupid.
then the corrections will be made.
army of one.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

the drill instructor is there to teach you to be a killer.
what better rage to tap into that a gay kid thats been picked on all his/her life? ha

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by p51mustang
what better rage to tap into that a gay kid thats been picked on all his/her life? ha

Well that's pretty easy!

A STRAIGHT kid that's been picked on all his/her life.

Ha? Ha. Touche!

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

dont you touche me - down there..

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
reply to post by p51mustang

~snip~

My question in my last post stands, we all know that there are some homosexual men who can't win an arm wrestling match against a 13 year old girl.

As there are also straight men of similar physique, who I'm sure ALSO get weeded out. I doubt the Marines only dismiss the gay wusses, but the straight ones as well. (no offense intended to any actual wusses, just sayin')

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The Marine Corps should not have to worry to much about this anyway.

Their all gay anyway.

I know that is sorry but,being retired Navy that is how we all felt.

Back to the subject at hand.

Moslem's do not even come close to excepting homosexuals.

Do we prevent them from serving in the military because of their religious beliefs?

I can see this debate going on when the first openly gay member is killed by a practicing member of the Islam faith who felt it was his religious belief as explained to him by his mullah to do so.

Let us see the ACLU figure that one out.

And lastly in the movie Apocalypse Now,there is a scene where the Martin Sheen character comes up to a bridge under attack at night.

It is being defend by a Marine unit.

He(Sheen) is wandering around in the dark and he asks some Marines in a fox hole where the C.O. is.

A illumination flare goes off and lights up the fox hole.

Guess what one Marine is doing to another?

It does not involve using your mouth.
edit on 20-10-2010 by Oneolddude because: I needed to.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by aliengenes
Mod Edit: Quote removed

Oh My !
Now was that really needed?
Geez oh man, you know usually I like reading your point of view and your posts but that was a little much.
That went beyond passionate and actually hit scary rant rave.
I'll be honest and tell you I dont understand the attraction to the same sex thing, but then it's NOT my thing, and I dont care.
Remember, we're talking consensual here, not forced, and once again, I dont care.
Where I DO begin to care is when the line is crossed coming from either direction,
'forcing' sex or a sexual belief onto someone, or 'attacking' someone for their private choice.
I really wouldnt care who was giving me covering fire as I moved, or who was keeping me supplied, alive, and stuck to my side,
as long as they did it well.
I dont understand it, I dont participate, and I dont care to.
That's my choice, and, it keeps my life a little more simple and uncluttered, because I dont care.
I think as long as people are respectful and polite, and genuine, they should be allowed to live their life as they see fit.
I can think of alot worse human behavior.
Remember,
caring is sharing.
edit on 21-10-2010 by sanctum because: Quote removed

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join