It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be Proud Be Gay Be a Marine

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
There are already gay people serving in the Marines. The Army, Navy, Airforce and Coast Guard as well. Gay people have been serving this country in the military before it was even declared a soverign and free nation of it's own. They have fought and died for this country just like everyone else. It's ABSURD to pretend that gay people aren't, or can't be, in the military. It's bizzare to even consider it.

When I was in the Army we were all told 'no public display of affection'.
That means that if gay folks are in the military, they can't be flaming ... just like us heterosexuals couldn't flame up.

I dont' understand some people's paranoia over this.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Totally agree.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Agree and starred...yes the apocolypse might be at hand.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by aliengenes
Mod edit: quote removed

So its ok for them to serve while nobody knows that they are gay, but if they serve openly then it weakens our country?

The soldiers of Alexander the Great who conquered all of the known world often dabbled in homosexuality. Were they weak?

By the way, nobody cares who you are. When you spout nonsense like you just did all they see is a simple minded fool who cant see past the point of his nose.
edit on 21-10-2010 by sanctum because: Quote removed

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes

I absolutely love reading your rant and then your signature.

edit on 20-10-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross because: spelling

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by aliengenes
Mod edit: Quote removed

Yeah, that is what is great about this country. Even people with progressive attitudes like yours can be free to share their opinions. Me, I miss the good old days when homosexuality was just another part of living in the civilized world.
edit on 21-10-2010 by sanctum because: Quote removed

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If a gay man or woman chooses to put their life on the line, by serving in any the armed services, then I will honor and thank that person the same as any other.

It's too bad not everybody can learn to be respectful of others, even when they're different than "the norm." Some are just less developed than others, mentally, in that regard , I suppose.

We're ALL different and/or weird in some way or another, DURR! Even you, OP, and agree with everything Benevolent Heretic has to say about your post. I think you're simply trying to provoke strong reactions. Good luck with that, I guess.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

ITS ABOUT AMERICA CREATING A 3RD SEX.

MEN HAVE THE RIGHT TO JOIN THE MILITARY.

WOMAN HAVE THE RIGHT TO JOIN THE MILITARY.

MEN AND WOMAN HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS IN THIS COUNTRY.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND GAY RIGHTS.
EVERY GAY/LES HAVE THE SAME RIGHT TO ANYTHING IN THIS COUNTRY LIKE THE RIGHT TO BE GAY.
TYING THE NOT IT A BIBLICAL THING AND IS ADDRESSES SPECIFICALLY IN THE GOOD BOOK.

SO LETS NOT PRETEND.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

umm, you're so tense and frustrated.. let me give you a back rub and a big hug.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

FINALLY SOMEONE WITH THE HEART AND BRAIN TO TELL IT HOW IT IS,
ITS ABOUT AMERICA CREATING A 3RD SEX.

MEN HAVE THE RIGHT TO JOIN THE MILITARY.

WOMAN HAVE THE RIGHT TO JOIN THE MILITARY.

MEN AND WOMAN HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS IN THIS COUNTRY.

EVERY GAY/LES HAVE THE SAME RIGHT TO ANYTHING IN THIS COUNTRY LIKE THE RIGHT TO BE GAY.
TYING THE NOT IT A BIBLICAL THING AND IS ADDRESSES SPECIFICALLY IN THE GOOD BOOK.

SO LETS NOT PRETEND

edit on 20-10-2010 by HAMMERAX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj
[more
if you have gay military dance parties they would be packed..
and fun/good for morale..what better way to bond together as warrior brothers and sisters?
dont worry gay marine aliengene- i got your back.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by HAMMERAX

well- try understanding human rights first.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by p51mustang

OUR RIGHTS ARE GIVEN TO US BY OUR CREATOR NOT DEMONIC REPUBLICS.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by HAMMERAX
reply to post by p51mustang

OUR RIGHTS ARE GIVEN TO US BY OUR CREATOR NOT DEMONIC REPUBLICS.

Creator or not, every human being, every living thing on this planet has a right to exist. Who are you and your "good book" to state otherwise?

Maybe you should find one of these gay marines, buy him/her a cup of coffee, thank them for fighting to protect your rights to be a religious bigot.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HAMMERAX
reply to post by Dance4Life

EVERY GAY/LES HAVE THE SAME RIGHT TO ANYTHING IN THIS COUNTRY

Exactly, as well as the right to serve openly in public or military service without fear of reprisals.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
guns can be fired by anyone-bullets dont care.
worry more about shooting straight than being straight.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I do have one concern over gays being able to be open and accepted into the miliary.

Men have a certain physical criteria they must meet or they could end up being chaptered out of the military. If a homosexual man who leans more toward the femine side cannot meet this criteria and is chaptered out then that could lead to a lawsuit that says that the criteria is biased towards femine males.

Granted, it won't hinder those who are already in and are able to pass such criteria, but it will have an effect of those who join from here on out. Most recruits are booted over this in basic training. Are we the military suppose to lower our standards to accomadate them?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by HAMMERAX

calm down, lets get into the
baptismal hot tub
and talk things out..

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Let me guess you never served in the military, right? Well I have, during the 90s when DADT was implemented. We had a guy in our platoon who was gay and was caught by other Marines one night out in Waikiki, and you know what, no one really cared he was seen with another guy. Sure we nervously joked about it but then simply asked him if it was true, and he fessed up... and after that, he helped us get girls as the point man out at the bars.

I can tell you from firsthand experience that folks joked with him all the time about it but we never got mad... or scared like you. He was, and still is our brother - not to mention one helluva Marine.

BTW, AlienGenes - YOU ARE WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY. Think long and hard about that... what have you contributed besides anger and fear to this world.

Semper Fi.
edit on 20-10-2010 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2010 by Jason88 because: MAD AS HELL THE OP USED THE MARINE SLOGAN IN THE MANNER

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join