It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why McDonald's Happy Meal Hamburgers Won't Decompose ~ The Real Story Behind The Story

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

This is absolutely not true. I can't count the number of times I've seen bread as stiff as a cardboard without any sign of molding. It's completely dependent on environment.
edit on 20-10-2010 by DevolutionEvolvd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
Bake your own bread and it will not go mouldy either -- it just dries out really fast. That is normal; the way its supposed to work. Home made bread once dried out lasts a long time and makes great croutons. This is normal and not dangerous. Nevertheless, the home made bread will be better than the store bought or McDonalds because it doesn't have the unnecessary added chemicals. Minimizing intake of weird chemicals only makes sense.

Organic meat doesn't suffer from the addition of so many unnatural chemicals via the feeding process, and as a result it just tastes better. Plain and simple. The last time I tasted a fish sandwich at a fast food restaurant I just about gagged on it it tasted so bad. I remember liking them a bunch of years ago. I think it was an aquired taste. Now my pallet knows better!!

In a pinch you can eat fast food without killing yourself. I lost a ton of weight years ago by having the smallest burger available on the menu with all the veggies doubled up every day for lunch. It helped that I walked to and from between the offfice and the restaurant. Now that I am retired, and eat my own food, I can't stand the taste of the fast food stuff anymore. It won't kill you if you take care how much of it you eat, but if you have a healthier alternative, why not go for it??

I bake all my bread..organic ingrediants. Don't know what you are putting in yours, it certainly DOES mold. Maybe you don't see it and just eat it? The molds on fresh bread you get first after a slight stale taste is white mold.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
reply to post by Char-Lee

This is absolutely not true. I can't count the number of times I've seen bread as stiff as a cardboard without any sign of molding. It's completely dependent on environment.

Home made bread? organic no additives and not salt bread NO

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
ok...so NOW you refine your original statement?

First it was bread....then it's home-made... then it's all natural....now it's organic bread. What's next?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

A McDonalds burger (or pretty much any big fast food chain) comes from beef that is slaughtered and butchered on pretty much the same day. The cow is killed and then cut up. The meat is quickly thrown into the grinder, shaped and then passed onto the packing area. This burger will land in a McDonalds and cooked, served only a few days later. There really is no need for preservatives and lets be clear, preservatives cost money so like any business they prefer to avoid spending money.

come on, man
that scheme is possible only for consumers in towns near farms
other consumers get preserved food & synthetic stuff

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarK0Y
come on, man
that scheme is possible only for consumers in towns near farms
other consumers get preserved food & synthetic stuff

Actually it the standard business practice of McDonalds and any large fast food restaurant, just because you believe it isn't true doesn't mean it isn't true. Doing it that way saves them money. Basically you're ignorant.

Maybe in Russia burger eats you right?
edit on 20-10-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Actually it the standard business practice of McDonalds and any large fast food restaurant, just because you believe it isn't true doesn't mean it isn't true. Doing it that way saves them money. Basically you're ignorant.

oh, man, Reality has simple Law: to save Time needs to spend resources(for example, money)
moreover, farms of USA actively use chemical stuff to grow any kind of livestock & plants. you can call it "green production", can't you?

--------
+ Time can be saved through reducing of quality of production.
edit on 20-10-2010 by SarK0Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I'm hungry now. I'm going to get a Big Mac.....

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Haven't eten that zombie food in years.
Always got bad indigestion from it, now I know why.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
If people watch the new edition of ATS streetview, they will see what people on the streets of New York feel about this issue.

Can anyone here post any EVIDENCE in defence of the fact that fast food (not just McDonalds) is not harmful to your health? There is plenty of information saying it does, but people have been fighting against this throughout the whole thread and no evidence has been supportive.

Can Members contribute a little more as well instead of just posting one-line quips please?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

Can anyone here post any EVIDENCE in defence of the fact that fast food (not just McDonalds) is not harmful to your health?

personally, i'm perfectly failed to find credible sources for
by the way, Amicus, i did not check out whether that info had been posted around, but i'm sure by 100% & more it has to be seen for all

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by carlitomoore
Can anyone here post any EVIDENCE in defence of the fact that fast food (not just McDonalds) is not harmful to your health?

Can you please stop generalizing and making blanket statements?

Chipotle: Food With Integrity

It means serving the very best sustainably raised food possible with an eye to great taste, great nutrition and great value. It means that we support and sustain family farmers who respect the land and the animals in their care. It means that whenever possible we use meat from animals raised without the use of antibiotics or added hormones.

And it means that we source organic and local produce when practical. And that we use dairy from cows raised without the use of synthetic hormones. Food With Integrity is a journey that started more than a decade ago and one that will never end.

Also, just to prove that eating healthily at McDonalds can yield fat loss, improved blood sugars and improved lipid levels:

Fat Head

Have you seen the news stories about the obesity epidemic? Did you see Super Size Me? Then guess what? … You’ve been fed a load of bologna.

Comedian (and former health writer) Tom Naughton replies to the blame-McDonald’s crowd by losing weight on a fat-laden fast-food diet while demonstrating that nearly everything we’ve been told about obesity and healthy eating is wrong. Along with some delicious parody of Super Size Me, Naughton serves up plenty of no-bologna facts that will stun most viewers, such as: The obesity “epidemic” has been wildly exaggerated by the CDC. People the government classifies as “overweight” have longer lifespans than people classified as “normal weight.” Having low cholesterol is unhealthy. Lowfat diets can lead to depression and type II diabetes. Saturated fat doesn’t cause heart disease — but sugars, starches and processed vegetable oils do.

edit on 22-10-2010 by DevolutionEvolvd because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2010 by DevolutionEvolvd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

that's hella ludicrous
do you pose that comic web-page as solid argument?
joke further, bro

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SarK0Y

The Fat Head documentary is much more factually accurate than Super Size Me. There's no lying and there's no misleading (and there's food logs).

Tell me...how much more qualified is a Journalist/screenplay writer than a comic?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Have you seen the news stories about the obesity epidemic?

take a dog & commit next Sin: feed him with that crap-food & Just see how healthy he will be along time
you'll get quite enough representative data

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Are you kidding? A PEPPER? How does that prove/disprove in any way shape or form that processed and/or fast food is good for you?

If anything it proves my point that the freshest fruita nd vegetables are better for you?

And I never mentioned Supersize me, which you have countered with Fat Head. How can you believe any of these videos? They could be doing anything off camera in order to gain/lose weight and falsify their findings. Both are meant to be provocative and to make money!

The obesity crisis has not been understated, just take a look around you! Look a the condition of the health of most of the worlds population!

You are concentrating on the part rather than the whole, you will never understand the big picture whilst you have got the blinkers on.

Do your own experiment, and see how you feel and report back to us.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Gym instructor Paul James adds 40kg in four months

DIET EXPERIMENT

GYM instructor Paul James began a bizarre weight gain experiment to get inside the heads of overweight clients.

But after adding 40kg in four months, reaching his weight goal, the former underwear model says the repercussions are far worse than he could have imagined.

I would rather believe this guy than a controversial documentary maker, but better still... try it yourself.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

Never thought it was food in the first place!¬>, I am now the proud owner of a Happy meal burger, now I have set the stopwatch so i'll let you know how it goes.......................

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by haggischap

Good to see someone trying to find out the truth for themselves. Can a McDonalds Happy Meal even be strong enough to withstand the extremes of the Scottish weather!?

Or maybe you just like Haggis?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join