It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i dont know what i saw????

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
hi all,

last night at about 8pm , i was at work and noticed a massive bright light in the night sky. it wasnt a star as it was raining and overcast at the time. i watched it for about 3 minutes then all of a sudden it started to shrink to the size of a pin prick. this last about 3 seconds then it came back brighter then ever.

now im not your usual ufo hunter, but i was amazed. let me explain where work is...its a major hospital emergency unit. the reason i noticed it was that i ducked out for a smoke and thought bugger, we have a chopper coming in. i said to the ambulance officer beside me "do we have a chopper coming in" as i am responsible for getting everything ready and panicked im out smoking when i had stuff to do.

the light was as big and bright as a rescue search light. he then started looking and after 5 mins when it didnt move we started trying to work out what it was. thats when it started to do its shrinking/coming back bright thing. this lasted about 40 minutes all up and didnt really move much, so we ruled out aircraft/chopper.

i rang my husband to see if he could see it from our house. after the first questions of have you been raiding the drug cupboard, he too went out and looked. next he is yelling down the phone, oh #, its fading....no no hang on its coming back brighter then ever. our one at the same time did not change so i assume there were 2 of these things.

any imput would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Nice post. What city was this in?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a guy out joy riding a copter ?
cant realy say since i was not there but sounds kool !

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
you are a women ? and no cell phone???? pictures? thats weird

well sound strange i agree.
what area was it?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb

the light was as big and bright as a rescue search light. he then started looking and after 5 mins when it didnt move we started trying to work out what it was. thats when it started to do its shrinking/coming back bright thing. this lasted about 40 minutes all up and didnt really move much, so we ruled out aircraft/chopper.

You work in a major hospital emergency unit.......yet you took a 40 minute cig break????........must have been a quiet night!

Why couldn't it have been a helicopter not connected to the hospital......maybe a police helicopter?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

yes i did have a cell phone, but its a couple of years old now, and i thought with the lights from the car park would not get a great picture. we are talking sydney.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by VenomVile.6

was definately not a chopper/aircraft of any kind. i deal with these coming and going all the time and i can rule that out completely.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by punterdeb
reply to post by angrydog

yes i did have a cell phone, but its a couple of years old now, and i thought with the lights from the car park would not get a great picture. we are talking sydney.

oh yes true..thx for the reply

did you hear any sounds? from that thingy?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

You work in a major hospital emergency unit.......yet you took a 40 minute cig break????........must have been a quiet night!

Why couldn't it have been a helicopter not connected to the hospital......maybe a police helicopter?

yes it was a quiet night for what i do in the e.d....and no i didnt have a 40 min cig break, the ambulance could not off load, and he and i watched it alternately for 40 minutes. it was definately not a helicopter...i deal with these all the time.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
you may have seen a helicopter spotlight or some sort of aircraft light that was rotating 360 degrees. I have seen it before and the light seems to be bright and then dem and then bright and it gets smaller and bigger as it rotates. I think that is what you saw. since you dont have any pics or videos of what you saw it is really hard to confrim your sighting. Need more evidence!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Ok......but surely you only deal with helicopters that are coming into land at your hospital yes?.......As you said it was cloudy and raining at the time, I live within 5 mins of an international airport, and when weather conditions are as you say they were, then helicopter lights (especially search lights) can really look strange, especially at night.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kid_cudi
you may have seen a helicopter spotlight or some sort of aircraft light that was rotating 360 degrees. I have seen it before and the light seems to be bright and then dem and then bright and it gets smaller and bigger as it rotates. I think that is what you saw. since you dont have any pics or videos of what you saw it is really hard to confrim your sighting. Need more evidence!

first of all....please stop saying helicopter.....i deal with them coming and going all the time, im the person that goes out to the landing pad when they arrive. no pics - i explained that and im no young chicky babe with an iphone, im in my 40s with one of the kids hand-me-down old phones.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

first of all....please stop saying helicopter.....i deal with them coming and going all the time, im the person that goes out to the landing pad when they arrive. no pics - i explained that and im no young chicky babe with an iphone, im in my 40s with one of the kids hand-me-down old phones.

I'm sorry......but you can't keep up with the "stop saying helicopter".....helicopter is the most likely answer from the description you have given, I know you deal with them all the time, but it is still possible, given the weather conditions, that you saw them in a slightly different light.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Im assuming your from australia, i once saw a blimp near my work at sydney, alot of my work mates freaked out cause it was changing colors and just stayed in the air, we all thought it was a ufo. But we worked out it was an actual blimp, beacuse a stadium was just underneath it, and we could hear it make noise, and also make out a logo
. Not saying what you saw wasnt a ufo, since im a beleiver myself, but a blimp from a distance can look really bright and slow, aisf just sitting there. Have you seen a blimp to recognise the diffrence beteween the two?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
just some more info i forgot to post - in the last 24 hours australia has had a weather front moving over the whole east coast. major damage up and down the whole east coast of australia with trees down everywhere.

thats why we quickly ruled out balloons, aircraft etc cause this held its position for over 40 mins. i also lined it up visually with the large orange balls that are on the power lines near the landing pad to see if there was any movement and there wasnt.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

just some more info i forgot to post - in the last 24 hours australia has had a weather front moving over the whole east coast. major damage up and down the whole east coast of australia with trees down everywhere.

thats why we quickly ruled out balloons, aircraft etc cause this held its position for over 40 mins. i also lined it up visually with the large orange balls that are on the power lines near the landing pad to see if there was any movement and there wasnt.

Your moving the goal posts deb.............what do you think it was?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Okay ill say it was a gyro-copter. hows that? you may have seen a Gyro-Copter. But actually from the Description of the object you gave and the weather conditions you so kindly provided to us it is safe to say that the object you saw could most likely be a helicopter as you said you work around them all the time. I once saw a huge bright light coming towards me pretty fast in the night sky and Honestly i was scared untill it turned directions and saw it was A Helicopter Spotlight

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
honestly...thats why i scared to post my UFO expieriences

you guys handle her like a schoolgirl

no offense..im just saying

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

I live near the Internation airport in Oklahoma and I see planes fly over all the time that look like straigh up UFO's if you were to take away the sound of the airplane. I have seen helicopters in the night sky with overcast and rain and their lights truly look what you have described. people see things and expect everyone to agree and think what they think. But when people say it wasnt a UFO or they debunk it the person gets mad. If you seem something please document it next time with a camera. thanks

edit on 15-10-2010 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

Your moving the goal posts deb.............what do you think it was?

well thats the whole reason for this post. i have never seen a ufo so i dont know what to look for. i just thought that if i came to this forum, someone may have read of something doing the same thing. it was the fading to a pin prick then coming back within 4 seconds as bright as ever that had us amazed. the thing i would put it down that closely resembles what we saw was some kind of mega bright star. but thats what was so puzzling to us is that with the weather conditions not another star was visable and this looked much closer than a star. it was in no way like a twinkling star either. i do not live in a big town with lots of bright street lights so i actually have a telescope and quite often view the night sky.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join