It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'The Bride was Beautiful'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+57 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Katie Kirkpatrick, 21, held off cancer to celebrate the happiest day of her life. Katie had chased cancer, once only to have it return-to clog her lungs and grab hold of her heart. Breathing was difficult now, she had to use oxygen. The pain in her back was so intense it broke through the morphine that was supposed to act as a shield. Her organs were shutting down but it would not stop her from marrying Nick Godwin, 23, who was in love with Katie since 11th grade.

Nick Godwin, 23, left, takes a moment of rest while his bride Katie Kirkpatrick, right, gets an intravenous procedure to reduce the amount of fluids her body is retaining at McLaren Regional Medical Center in Flint. Nick Godwin who works night shift as a Lapeer County Sheriff's deputy took Katie to the medical center after a night's work, three days before their wedding.

Katie Kirkpatrick walks past a photograph of herself when she was homecoming queen at Lapeer East High School where she also was a co-valedictorian. the photograph sits on a table in her family's home living room in Metamora.

Katie Kirkpatrick, 21, and Nick Godwin, 23, cuddle up for a moment while waiting for the wedding photographer to get ready after getting married at Church of Christ in Hazel Park.

Katie Kirkpatrick, 21, and Nick Godwin, 23, a Lapeer County Sheriff's deputy whom she first met when he was in 11th grade, get married at Church of Christ in Hazel Park.

Katie Kirkpatrick Godwin, center, rests for a few moments during her wedding party at Boulder Point Golf Club and Banquet Center in Oxford, MI. Katie was exhausted. Her face looked as white as her gown.
Five days later, Katie died. She did not let sickness stop her from living, take away the hope or faith that made her believe she had a future. She had a lovely wedding and she had love and she gave love and love doesn' t die. And that is how Katie beat cancer.

I don't have much to add. I cannot explain how I felt after reading this, but I was touched from it. She did not let anything keep her from this day. She fought and fought to see it. She deserved that happiest day in her life.

It's a sad story indeed, but for her that day, was the happiest of her life.

edit on 14-10-2010 by Oozii because: -

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
This reminds me of that old song "I'm going to live, live, live until I die".

That's exactly what she did. A lesson for us.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
True love in the heart.

An exceptional person, how can one not but have tears.....

Rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
She was as beautiful as she was brave. My deepest condolencies to Nick. May she rest in peace and may Nick have the comfort of real true love.

Now heaven truly does have another angel.
edit on 14/10/2010 by TheLoneArcher because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

It indeed is a lesson for us.

This is a person, I will look up to. And when times are getting tough for me, all I gotta do is look at this, and realize there are no obstacles big enough that I cannot overcome.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Just great...I had to check this one out at work, huh..?

Now my red eyes have grabbed my CFO's attention...he probably thinks I've been smokin' the kind. I might have to show him this story to cover my butt...

Definitely a tear-jerker...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
None of knows when our time will come. Never take anyone or anything for granted. Live your life with love and compassion and let your light shine.

My sympathies to the family and friends involved in this lovely woman's life. What an inspiration for all.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
man this is a tear jerker. this goes to show what the important things in life really are! Too many of us take each day for granted. Bless her, her husband, and family.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Wow. . .what a lesson! I supposed, whether or not we have a medical affliction, we should learn to live each day for each day. She was this dedicated to seeing and experiencing her day, and her determination and strong will paid off for her.

The more of us that use what this beautiful person has shown us, the more of her suffering stands with purpose. The fuller the life we live, the stronger we will be for having known her strength, and the truest power of love.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

What I currently love even more about this is the flag to response ratio. Too many people are busy in quiet contemplation to even want to reply to such a beautiful story. It really shows a lot about most of us ATS members here. Even I wasn't about to reply until I saw the current reply list. It truly is beautiful. They will be together forever one way or another. If only we could all love like this.

Huge star... Huge flag... Huge tears of sorrow and joy.

Thank you for sharing.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Informativeme

I understand.

Words could not describe what I felt. Even I had trouble trying to get the words out.

As long as people read this and receive a positive effect from it, that's all one can ask for.
I must add this link, and give credit to the photographer for documenting this beautiful day for all to see.

Romain Blanquart, Detroit Free Press

edit on 15-10-2010 by Oozii because: -

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

That was the most moving story I have ever seen - I am crying for the bride and I am saluting the groom.

I am so glad that she had her magical wedding, and I am so sad for her and her groom.

To you, the groom, I wish many years of happiness. And I offer my concolescences. And I thank you for proving that people are capable of things like this.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Godspeed. Cancer is the devil.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
This has inspired me to do more, thanks for the emotion yanking !!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
( This comes to mind) ......Celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing- MJK

Second line . peace

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
What a sad and tragic story, we have had a death in the family in the past week from cancer. My prayers and thoughts are with this family.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BigDuke6

I am very sorry to hear that, my condolences to you and your family.

Stay Strong

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Thank you that means a lot. It just tears my heart apart to see my family so sad from this terrible plague called cancer....I really feel for this family.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Very saddening indeed. At least she got to experience one of, if not the most happy moment of her life before she went into the next phase of existence.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Hmm...

Should I spam the thread with my cancer thread???

I will say that the B&W photos set the tone of death. It probably doesn't have to be that way. With the attitude of defeat, you will lose. Hire a new photographer, and then give me a call.

While I don't know these people, I'm a bit familiar with Lapeer County and so on.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join