It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's in NYC with my picture

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

I vote this thread is shoved in the hoax forum because that is not a UFO in the opening post. It's not unidentified, the OP knows exactly what it is. It's a reflection in the glass, of an electric light.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

Originally posted by Gazrok
The original photo in this thread looks like a light fixture reflecting on the glass of the window. However, if the poster actually saw these outside of the window, then they were likely the balloons that were released yesterday for the event with the mayor, etc.

I can't believe no one recognized this obvious observation until page 4. PAGE 4!!!

Actually, the first person to suggest that these were the reflection of a light fixture was Chadwickus on page 1 of the thread, and the OP, snusfanatic, concedes that it may be a reflection, also on the first page.

There's a lot of confusion in the thread related to people insisting that snusfanatic's picture is of balloons, and even of yellow balloons released several hours previously a couple miles uptown from the location of the picture (behind the photographer).

But I think the likelihood that it's the reflection of a light fixture was well presented very early in this thread.

edit on 10/15/2010 by americandingbat because: correct spelling of OP's name

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplescorpio
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

have you seen the close up of the photo you posted ?

The picture I posted was from the link provided by the OP in the introductory post to this thread.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I'll break it down plain and simple.

I've personally had many ufo encounters (or I did when I was younger). I've had a football field sized UFO over my head 1,000 feet in the air and totally disappear into nothing after skimming over houses by a matter of only feet. I've literally been chased by a UFO out in the desert when I took a wrong turn around midnight on the way to Vegas. I nearly crashed outrunning the damn thing. Cops were involved and everything...I was scared out of my wits.

This thread is why people who have REAL stories to tell feel ashamed and the gullibility of some people is a testament to how a stigma is around the whole discussion of UFOs.

Even me, someone that has personally been CHASED BY UFOs knows that skepticism is always needed.

Figure it out people.
edit on 15-10-2010 by Prove_It_NOW because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

Is that the 4chan group you keep going on about?
Didn't know they worked for the State.

- Lee

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
the truth is out there =D

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by blah yada

Originally posted by Metron
reply to post by snusfanatic

I believe what you have here is a reflection from one of the chandelliers on the window from inside the establishment.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c800099b11c4.jpg[/atsimg]

I hear the waitresses are ugly there though....

A friend of mine has been to that Hotel bar. Said that the ambiance was very nice but the waitresses weren't top notch. And yes the drinks are way overpriced...at least the OP got that correct. I failed to mention that the picture I posted IS of the Standard Hotel bar on the 18th floor. The reflection of the chandelliers is quite obvioius.

Nice detective work.Fits like a glove.Is that really true about the waitresses?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Originally posted by colloredbrothers
a regular baloon in a few minutes is super small in the sky

a regular baloon does not eminate light

based on the various eyewitness accounts, the balloons were small and were rather high up in the sky. they weren't readily visible to everyone, everywhere. I am on 34th and 7th, 20 floors up and we couldn't see a thing.

regular balloons don't eminate any light but silver mylar balloons will reflect it which, in my opinion, is what this looked like on video.

these things were in an odd "formation" and, apparently, weren't moving around like you'd expect with a balloon. My office is near Madison Square Garden and, whenever there's a kid event at the Garden, there are balloons being released randomly. These balloons are the standard kind so they will, most likely, behave differently, but they never sit still. They move up, and on an angle with the wind. They'll move around a bit, left and right, up and down, with the wind channels created by all the buildings but, still, they move.

As I said, they sure looked like silver mylar balloons to me but that's based solely on the few seconds of video and the still images I've seen.

Everyone keeps talking about silver balloons being released but on the thread was an article about some tourist event for Madrid where they released yellow balloons. Yellow, not Silver.
This is a huge discrepancy and if brought into a court of law would get the case thrown out. So why is no one on the 'balloon team' admitting this?
Also I've been looking all morning to no avail, to debunk you balloon guys with some basic physics on balloons, especially helium. Only most of the pages are missing from the internet.ScienceCentral, Wiki
Now I happen to know that no balloon is going to stay in the same place for hours because the rotation of the Earth will not allow it. The Earth will continue to rotate so the balloon will go away, even if this is just perception.
But there is more.
Have you ever had one in your house? How long does it last? A couple days if you get a good one right?
But they leak helium and deflate. Well that happens in the atmosphere but quicker because the air pressure squeezes the air out of them.
So they would not have stayed there from whenever released (some said in the am, some after 1pm) until way into the night.
Now, why has this info been taking off the net? Try finding helium balloon physics and see what you get.
I'm done.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The photo is so obviously a light reflection, it's painful.

The OP is being disingenuous, this is a hoax

edit: nice detective work
edit on 15-10-2010 by Internet Explorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DaWhiz

i managed to find plenty on balloons, just ask google the right questions.

heres some help on helium balloons, read carefully.

www.balloonhq.com...

www.kcbassociates.com...

also an article about the balloon release, take note of Katie Sokolor's statement.

gothamist.com...

now heres two different balloon release videos, take careful note of how the colours become pretty different at a distance and indistinguishable between each other.

and now one of the new york videos where the guy actually says they are balloons, but he didn't even know until he zoomed in on them.....

now summing up between all this, katie sokolor says the balloons were given out at random to people who then released them as they saw fit, so it wasn't the usual mass release, they were released separately over a period of time and some in clusters, it is quite possible for a balloon to hover below the freezing and shattering point of 5000 metres, its also possible for them to last for hours should they not reach the freezing point,

some are coated so that the helium doesn't escape as quickly, and also it takes around 1.5 hours to reach freezing point, of 5000 metres under normal circumstances.

also perception can play a big part, if for example a balloon is slowly drifting towards or away from you it may look like its hovering, if it wasn't windy then small movement of a distant balloon would be hardly noticeable.

the balloon story is extremely possible, likely and most probably the answer to the daytime "sightings"

thanks

rich

edit on 15-10-2010 by RICH-ENGLAND because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

You know I think many have got your point, in fact they got your point days ago.

YOU THINK THEY ARE BALLOONS we get it, repeating yourself over and over does nothing, its clear nobody knows for certain what was seen hovering over NYC, and until someone else comes forward with further footage, its probably going to remain that way.

My opinion is the OP image is a reflection from inside the room the picture was taken, the OP has even said as much themselves right at the start of the thread, people have asked you for your proof that the other image was a fake yet nothing at all from you that I can see has been posted, that's fair enough, without that then again nothing is certain.

What I will say is there has been a huge attempt over the past few days to distract people, TBH I have never seen such a huge attempt to make sure people don't think there was a UFO over the city on the 13th, that alone makes people more determined to find out the truth for themselves, which for Ufology is a good thing, be it a UFO which is manmade, or an Alien UFO, or even balloons doesn't matter.

What has happened is a lot more people are now looking up, every single twinkle in the sky is being scrutinised, which does not usually happen, whatever was seen has got people excited even those who never had a second thought about the possibility of Alien life visiting us.

If its going to happen then nothing is going to change it, if we get visited for real, nobody can change it, it is how it is, lots of video's of balloons will only excite the Children on the boards who like balloons, they do not hover for an hour, not with any stretch of the imagination, and just because whatever it is in the images looks like balloons does not mean that is what they are.

We see people recreate images all the time, some go to great lengths to prove it could be this or that, but that does not mean because someone can recreate something, that it is what it was and how it was done, thousands of times that has been done here and I am not exaggerating, the forums are full of recreated possibilities, and that is all they are a recreation of what the viewers perspective tells them it is or could be.

If it has happened once, it will happen again no matter what anyone thinks.

Your giving me a hatred of balloons, and I was looking forward to a Birthday party over the weekend.

People saw something that had them excited and I'm pretty sure every one of them has seen a balloon in the sky before, so why the reaction this time?

What was different? something obviously was.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
People keep saying they are balloons because there are other people who keep saying they are not...

This is a discussion forums by the way

Originally posted by azzllin

You know I think many have got your point, in fact they got your point days ago.

YOU THINK THEY ARE BALLOONS we get it, repeating yourself over and over does nothing, its clear nobody knows for certain what was seen hovering over NYC, and until someone else comes forward with further footage, its probably going to remain that way.

My opinion is the OP image is a reflection from inside the room the picture was taken, the OP has even said as much themselves right at the start of the thread, people have asked you for your proof that the other image was a fake yet nothing at all from you that I can see has been posted, that's fair enough, without that then again nothing is certain.

What I will say is there has been a huge attempt over the past few days to distract people, TBH I have never seen such a huge attempt to make sure people don't think there was a UFO over the city on the 13th, that alone makes people more determined to find out the truth for themselves, which for Ufology is a good thing, be it a UFO which is manmade, or an Alien UFO, or even balloons doesn't matter.

What has happened is a lot more people are now looking up, every single twinkle in the sky is being scrutinised, which does not usually happen, whatever was seen has got people excited even those who never had a second thought about the possibility of Alien life visiting us.

If its going to happen then nothing is going to change it, if we get visited for real, nobody can change it, it is how it is, lots of video's of balloons will only excite the Children on the boards who like balloons, they do not hover for an hour, not with any stretch of the imagination, and just because whatever it is in the images looks like balloons does not mean that is what they are.

We see people recreate images all the time, some go to great lengths to prove it could be this or that, but that does not mean because someone can recreate something, that it is what it was and how it was done, thousands of times that has been done here and I am not exaggerating, the forums are full of recreated possibilities, and that is all they are a recreation of what the viewers perspective tells them it is or could be.

Your giving me a hatred of balloons, and I was looking forward to a Birthday party over the weekend.

People saw something that had them excited and I'm pretty sure every one of them has seen a balloon in the sky before, so why the reaction this time?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by vinunleaded
People keep saying they are balloons because there are other people who keep saying they are not...

This is a discussion forums by the way

Originally posted by azzllin

Hi Vin,
It's true what you say about discussion, but this thread is not really about balloons, it's the OP's own image, which really looks like a doubled image of something inside the room. The balloon thing is only being confused by pictures like the OP's. I don't mean to offend, but the video that both you and Tesla posted look exactly like ordinary baloons. Jason Diamond's picture also looks like ordinary balloons, maybe taken later giving a different colouring and looking like something more exotic. What people on the street were seeing is mostly anybody's guess, because there is little to see, except people looking up. They could well have been looking at something that none of us have yet seen. Also the site owner mentioned silvered balloons being released elsewhere, they would not be the object of Jason Diamond's pic, silvered baloons are highly reflective and subject to light and shade and gleam and scatter light. I don't think a video camera would pick them out as a baldy white, as in your post. Any of those silvered balloons by the way would not be "Mylar" they are "Nylon" and aluminium.
edit on 15-10-2010 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

correctamondo, it will happen again, and again, and again, and again, but still we wont have one single bit of evidence of anything, funny how you say they obviously saw something, yet its one of the busiest cities on earth, all those people we had looking up, probably 90% of them had a cellphone with pic/video and still absolutely nothing but claims!. hmmm, i wonder why that is....

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
yea, i do indeed doubt these are ufos. and i do think it may be a reflection.
Even the OP says on page 1 he doubts the lights are UFOs and may be a reflection, which any sober person would have been able to tell.

i assure you though i was too drunk and far too underdressed in this place to be showing up to play pranks as well (its from the standard hotel) there was definately something in the sky today. i'm gonna post a video here tomorrow of a flashing/moving light from the same location. my friend thinks its a helicoptor and i'm inclined to believe him.
OK so the OP is too drunk to tell the lights are a reflection. Was Milly Meier drunk when he took his photos? Is that really a reason to keep something out of the hoax bin?

the point of this post is this: just look at the photo i posted. which i assure you is my own photo
You assure us it's your photo, are you really sure it's yours, and not someone elses?

EDIT:

for more clarification. my friend took the picture and i took the video. good night folksess.
edit on 14-10-2010 by snusfanatic because: everything under the word edit is the edit
So after just assuring us it's your photo, you then edit your post to say it's NOT your photo? Can you understand how this affects your credibility?

Originally posted by Internet Explorer
The photo is so obviously a light reflection, it's painful.

The OP is being disingenuous, this is a hoax
Yes and he even admits it might be a reflection. But he was too drunk to tell?

Originally posted by wigit
I vote this thread is shoved in the hoax forum because that is not a UFO in the opening post. It's not unidentified, the OP knows exactly what it is. It's a reflection in the glass, of an electric light.

Yes I second that. If Billy Meier said he was drunk when he took his photos would we remove his stuff from the hoax bin? I hope not, so I'm not buying the "I was too drunk" excuse, I mean maybe he was drunk but that doesn't justify posting a hoax.

And then the OP admits it's not even his photo after assuring us that it is his photo, what's up with that, does that make him/her credible?
edit on 15-10-2010 by Arbitrageur because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

You also forgot to mention the fact that the OP wrote a thread on how we wanted to have a 'hoax' contest...i.e. starting fake threads about UFOS and Ghosts.

Hey OP, were ya been?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
So everyone thinks they were just balloons? Balloons don't light up in the night.. oh what now they are chinese lanterns? come on...

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Thanks for those comments i completely agree about that. But although there IS a lot of hype and unreliable stuff in the world of 'ufos' - is it any different anywhere else? That seems to be what our whole world is full of, and for those who trust our lying cheating government and politicians.. a part of me envies their ignorance but not really because the last thing I want to be is a sheeple who doesn't have any critical thinking skills.
I have seen these for myself on multiple occasions and actually have had close encounters a few times, in my childhood and recently in life.. I KNOW that there is a cover-up that is beyond any government agency or nation.
Many people are easily coerced by the comfort-bubble of 'knowing all boundaries' and not accepting that something 'more to their paradigm/reality impression' is pressing upon their awareness..
Lets just keep moving along but people have got to think for themselves, but more importantly, have gotta learn how to trust in their self and in one another.. not depending on some invisible hand to stock their pantry and tell them what's best for their health.. We are supposed to be a community and when we co-create in unity, there is no failed opportunity. To me the corporate media is nothing more than entertainment and movies. & Not much more useful at that.
Things are really coming up to the surface, and it is only going to continue because time ain't going backwards and we are spiraling full-on into convergence!
edit on 16-10-2010 by orazio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Interesting, are the yellow balloons a regular sight in the picture location, or were they out just on October 13?

I'm assuming this picture was taken on October 13 in New York City.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

The yellow balloons were for a publicity gimmick for tourism partnership between NYC and Madrid:

Broadway Designated ‘Gran Via’ for a Day

Hundreds were apparently released at the end of the event, and in my opinion are what all the daytime footage I've seen is (though I've heard witnesses claim what they saw wasn't balloons, I haven't seen any actual footage that doesn't look like yellow balloons to me).

But that's nothing to do with the picture in the OP of this thread, which is a reflection of a light fixture in the window of the bar the OP was at. The OP even says it could be that in a post on page 1 of this thread, and someone else has found a picture of the inside of the bar where you can see the clustered globular lights reflecting in the window.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join