It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's in NYC with my picture

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

I believe what you have here is a reflection from one of the chandelliers on the window from inside the establishment.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c800099b11c4.jpg[/atsimg]

I hear the waitresses are ugly there though....

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
For myself I am going to watch the EarthCam tonight.... it seems the clouds are parting. If weather changes for the worst then not tonight but I will check every night until the sky is clear at that location and see if the air traffic is like the 13th ....it should be unless they change the direction of landings but sooner or later they will use this path... if this is indeed planes.

Maybe there are two different events balloons during the day and something else in the evening, that does happen you know.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the balloon thingy wasn't a cover by some that think this is funny and it could be used to discredit a sighting if it were to happen laterin the day or evening

I don't think this was planes or balloons but we shall see hopefully by elimination and if I am wrong them I will admit it.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Sorry OP but it seems that you have a light source behind you or something, while taking the photo at dusk.

I am going to stop shy of calling you a hoaxer on this and just ask straight out, DID YOU take a photo of a reflection and post it here to gain attention?

Yes or No?
edit on 15-10-2010 by Prove_It_NOW because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
UFO's in NYC?

Yes. They (objects) were definitely airborne (flying) and unless we fall for the desk'perts here at ATS like we do those in the MSM, they are still Unidentified.

Balloons? CGI? Chinese Lanterns? Noxious gas from the Hudson?

Perhaps... but to be sure, unless they can be firmly and unequivocally identified, it is one opinion vs. the next. This is where we tend to fracture and leave the subject in worse shape than before the incident. All the ridicule and smart-assery does nothing to change the minds of anyone and serves only to drive people away from discussion.

I guess if one wanted to develop a process to so poison a topic as to make it nearly untouchable... this would be one avenue of approach.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rahjian
How can you think those are balloons? Balloons would pop from the pressure or drift off. They don't just decide, "Hey why don't we hover around the city for a few hours?". Seriously, haven't you ever let go of balloons as a kid
?

Because 'balloons' has been the default explanation for virtually every sighting since Roswell.I think we should forget all about UFOs and concentrate on catching the balloon pranksters.They've been at it for half a century now.But we never seem to be able to catch one.

Maybe if super intelligent aliens show up, they will help us find these pesky balloons.

Maybe it's Richard Branson.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
You post a photo you don't believe, one day later, with no EXIF data, purportedly while you were drunk & undressed so may I ask: Whose side are you on?

Allow me (loud whistle) C'mon in ATS skeptics, debunkers, trolls and shills. The water is great! You'll enjoy it very much! Just watch out. Someone peed in the pool!
edit on 15-10-2010 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Where we are moving forward is people are looking up and some are getting pictures etc..

You can't jump to conclusions you need to at least put some effort into trying to solve this we just need to work together in an adult like manner.

I don't think we should look at this as one event at this time maybe we should look at this as two different events...one day and one night....and try to work together to see what we can discover.

Crakeur is right there as so are many others in membership..... they can observe from there locations even if it is to see what way/direction the planes are going and so on.

I am going to check as I said the EarthCam every day and evening until the skies are clear for awhile and see if what we saw can be duplicated by the evening/nightly air traffic.

I am going away in a week so I can put sometime this week doing this.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
1) Sorry but if they were balloons they would show shading on the appropriate sides since the light source is to the right and on the horizon.

2) And adversely if they were "UFOS" they would be metallic, they do not look metallic or have any metal showing the suns reflection. They just look like balls of light.

3) They also have no common blur in one direction or trajectory and I know if a mass of UFOs was just sitting int the sky, people would have gotten out of their cars all over New York to take video of photos.

4) Pay close attention to the 'haze' around the lights themselves. It's the type of haze a bulb give off, like little Christmas lights.

Now that I think about it, I'm going to CALL the OP a Hoaxer. He used the dusk and a window to pull one of the oldest tricks. This has all the signs of a reflection based light source.

I rarely accuse others of willful hoaxing but this time I have to.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND
reply to post by MrWendal

a balloons movement can depend on many things, no they wont necessarily disappear.

and i have no idea if the o.ps picture is real or if he took it at the time he says.

no offence meant to the op.

but there has been many fake reports, fake pictures and misidentifications and outright purposeful hoaxing amongst the normal stuff.

4chan made a concerted effort to cause havoc today as well as in the last few days.

thanks

rich

I wonder why you can't accept that those are not balloons. A lot of people have been telling you that balloons don't hover in one place for hours! Balloons move with the wind and they are usually gone in our sight in a few minutes. If they are still there after a few hours, they are not balloons anymore. You have to look for another alibi but let go of the balloon alibi.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Rich-England = Debuker....not a good one either. Baloons are individually as big as a craft (of some sort) not those small (staged) balloons on the ground. We all know government tactics by now.....the old balloon story is pretty tired since 1947 don't ya think? Everything you can't explain is a balloon, it seems. Don't you think we knew that debunkers and gov't agents were going to come in here and do their lying? We're not stupid sheep like you think. It's just that you guys have such an ego that you THINK you're so much smarter than the rest of us, but in your arrogance, you're the only one that can't see that your debunking tactics are just stupid. You guys aren't even trying anymore.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
They're not balloons...........and they're not UFOS.

Pay ATTENTION to the light source, the Sun on the Horizon. Keep looking at the 'objects' and use your BRAINS.

Either they were right over New York (which can't be true since the light would be behind them and their own generated light would be lighting up the city below.

Or they are HUGE and way out at Sea...which is also impossible since we can see defined lines around the objects and no 'fading' to them.

CMON!!!!

Just stare at the photo for a while and think of anytime you took a photo out of a window with a light source reflecting. And the fact he wrote so little in his OP and said "discuss". And the fact he said "wow I didn't think this would get so many responses".

CMON people....Jesus.

I'm flagging this thread as a hoax, first time I've done that on ATS. Congrats.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
1) Sorry but if they were balloons they would show shading on the appropriate sides since the light source is to the right and on the horizon.

2) And adversely if they were "UFOS" they would be metallic, they do not look metallic or have any metal showing the suns reflection. They just look like balls of light.

3) They also have no common blur in one direction or trajectory and I know if a mass of UFOs was just sitting int the sky, people would have gotten out of their cars all over New York to take video of photos.

4) Pay close attention to the 'haze' around the lights themselves. It's the type of haze a bulb give off, like little Christmas lights.

Now that I think about it, I'm going to CALL the OP a Hoaxer. He used the dusk and a window to pull one of the oldest tricks. This has all the signs of a reflection based light source.

I rarely accuse others of willful hoaxing but this time I have to.

For your number 2 post, we really do not know if all UFOs are metallic. Some channeled messages say that their (alien) UFOs are also sentient beings. They can shape shift and may appear as orbs or as metallic. What we can safely say is that all government-owned UFOs are metallic.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

I don't think yellow balloons would have created that effect whereas the silvery ones would but, like I said, the silvery balloons were released in an area that seems somewhat unlikely to result in those balloons being in that "formation" over Chelsea.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

Okay then, let's assume that MOST UFOS are metallic and that these are the 'exception to the rule".

Then judging by the light source (The SUN) these things would be HUGE, seen off the coast by the whole city. They would have been recorded or a similar photo of it somewhere. It would be all over Youtube, since a story of any little tiny thing is put up there.

It would have been one of the greatest UFO sightings in recorded history. Yet the OP seems to be the only one that 'got them'.

BULLCRAP

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Nice reflection of the bar lights....Seems to me if they were real you would have zoomed in a bit more..Nice try.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

balloons dont glow in the clouds.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Like I said, if a 'fleet' like that was off the New York coast THAT huge, it would be all over the Internet. Especially after the fact that millions in New York have cell phones with video and people are panicky since 9/11. So there is EXTRA reason that many more should have a similar photo.

And the OP said "wow that's a lot a fast replies" and "have fun" before he whisks away to go to bed. As if him taking picture of something this magnitude is casual. LMAO

I'm calling bs on the OP. Some people are just too gullible.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Metron
reply to post by snusfanatic

I believe what you have here is a reflection from one of the chandelliers on the window from inside the establishment.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c800099b11c4.jpg[/atsimg]

I hear the waitresses are ugly there though....

Nice detective work.Fits like a glove.Is that really true about the waitresses?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Right click on the OP's photo and hit 'view photo" to get a better perspective of size and sunlight.

You honestly think a whole city would MISS that? And that the OP is the lone lucky photographer?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I'd say this picture is photoshoped.

That belief+doubt=sanity thing might have been photoshoped into that image as well. Seems like someone designed this pic as a message.

CaseCloser

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join