It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

UFO's in NYC with my picture

page: 10
35
<< 7  8  9   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Hello all, First, very nice picture. Concering the balloon theory: if they were, we should ask ourselves how come newyorkers had never mistaken released balloons with UFO's before...? If they were not.. Well.

BELIEF+
DOUBT =
SANITY



cj6

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
WOW!! has anyone ever seen a balloon thats big enough to cover up the roof of a skyscraper?? thats what u ppl are suggesting when u say these are balloons
stop being ignorant to what THEY want u to believe!!! I suppose if someone said they were floating cows u would all believe them!!! THEY ARE NOT BALLOONS!!!!!!!



posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by cj6
WOW!! has anyone ever seen a balloon thats big enough to cover up the roof of a skyscraper?? thats what u ppl are suggesting when u say these are balloons
stop being ignorant to what THEY want u to believe!!! I suppose if someone said they were floating cows u would all believe them!!! THEY ARE NOT BALLOONS!!!!!!!


You're right.. This picture isn't balloons. It's a reflection of lights inside the room.


cj6

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow
 


That makes a hell of a lot more sense than balloons



posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by cj6
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow
 


That makes a hell of a lot more sense than balloons


Yeah.. this picture was a late in the game "NYC UFO" pic. The original nyc pics and videos were balloons. This one is obviously reflections.



posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
UPDATE:

Yo, people. Sorry for neglecting this thread.

I watched my short video more carefully (and will post it if you want, but i need to get a video editor to edit out the first part which has a couple plain faceshots-if you pause- and a fair amount of cursing) put it on my computer and watched it as large as possible. also i went back to the location.

ug, this is embarassing.

1. this is not a ufo

see this google image photo


yea i'm about 99.9% sure its those lights.

2. this isn't even what i was trying to film in the video. when i enlarge it i can clearly see the difference between this reflection and what was beyond it (even though they overlap)

so that's less embarassing.

my friend's still convinced we saw something (which we did, but what it was -balloons, planes, hellicopters, ufos, i don't know. there are multiple so it could be a combination.) i'm still trying to get my friend to shoot me his iphone video and when he does i'll do a final update with his video an mine, to either put this to rest or hopefully have a more interesting possible piece of evidence.

lessons:

1. friends don't let friends ufo hunt drunk, spuriously, or drunk and spuriously
2. damn, but do pictures on a phone screen look alot less convincing then when you blow them up- but then i guess wishful thinking sets in.

i personally will never believe a ufo photo or picture again that is smaller in size/resolution as the mistaken one i posted here. guess i learn best from experience.

3. this thread seems to have grown larger than any other thread i've started combined. so my apologies for your time and effort to either debunk, or especially defend the photo.

______________________________________

When i get the videos up, I'll post them as a final update. I dont' know why you can't see the objects in the video in this picture, except maybe the glare obscures them? if my friend's video is crap/not as good as he thinks then damn. if it's good then expect alot more of my involvement in trying to debunk it from post one. sober ofcourse



posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
UPDATE:

Yo, people. Sorry for neglecting this thread.

I watched my short video more carefully (and will post it if you want, but i need to get a video editor to edit out the first part which has a couple plain faceshots-if you pause- and a fair amount of cursing) put it on my computer and watched it as large as possible. also i went back to the location.

ug, this is embarassing.

1. this is not a ufo

see this google image photo


yea i'm about 99.9% sure its those lights.

2. this isn't even what i was trying to film in the video. when i enlarge it i can clearly see the difference between this reflection and what was beyond it (even though they overlap)

so that's less embarassing.

my friend's still convinced we saw something (which we did, but what it was -balloons, planes, hellicopters, ufos, i don't know. there are multiple so it could be a combination.) i'm still trying to get my friend to shoot me his iphone video and when he does i'll do a final update with his video an mine, to either put this to rest or hopefully have a more interesting possible piece of evidence.

lessons:

1. friends don't let friends ufo hunt drunk, spuriously, or drunk and spuriously
2. damn, but do pictures on a phone screen look alot less convincing then when you blow them up- but then i guess wishful thinking sets in.

i personally will never believe a ufo photo or picture again that is smaller in size/resolution as the mistaken one i posted here. guess i learn best from experience.

3. this thread seems to have grown larger than any other thread i've started combined. so my apologies for your time and effort to either debunk, or especially defend the photo.

______________________________________

When i get the videos up, I'll post them as a final update. I dont' know why you can't see the objects in the video in this picture, except maybe the glare obscures them? if my friend's video is crap/not as good as he thinks then damn. if it's good then expect alot more of my involvement in trying to debunk it from post one. sober ofcourse


No offense friend.. but you let this go on pretty long. How could you not tell what this was in the first place?
And to all the people who argued this was a UFO..told you, but really you just shouldn't have been so stupid.



posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow
 


well i let it go on for four days while i lived my everyday life of work and school and awaited either my friend's video or a chance to go back (which i accomplished last night), so i assure you wasn't letting it go on for the sake of going on.

EDIT: i know internet time is tremendously faster than real life time, but yea, it was four days till i got a chance to go back.

and i don't think there's any need to call anyone stupid. 2 people that were there thought the photo matched up enough with what we were seeing outside the window to post it somewhere, and i wouldn't call us stupid. you might, but i guess there's nothing i can say to that but


this isn't the first time i've mistaken something for a ufo, its just the first time i had a camera with me and posted it on ats before i took the time to investigate. excitable and stupid, yea, but i wouldn't diss on the people who disagreed with your explanation just because it happened to be right.

good call though. just goes to show that sometimes "i know what i saw" can be flat wrong. the video awaits though....

i gotta head out. thanks for contributing.
edit on 18-10-2010 by snusfanatic because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow
 


well i let it go on for four days while i lived my everyday life of work and school and awaited either my friend's video or a chance to go back (which i accomplished last night), so i assure you wasn't letting it go on for the sake of going on.

EDIT: i know internet time is tremendously faster than real life time, but yea, it was four days till i got a chance to go back.

and i don't think there's any need to call anyone stupid. 2 people that were there thought the photo matched up enough with what we were seeing outside the window to post it somewhere, and i wouldn't call us stupid. you might, but i guess there's nothing i can say to that but


this isn't the first time i've mistaken something for a ufo, its just the first time i had a camera with me and posted it on ats before i took the time to investigate. excitable and stupid, yea, but i wouldn't diss on the people who disagreed with your explanation just because it happened to be right.

good call though. just goes to show that sometimes "i know what i saw" can be flat wrong. the video awaits though....

i gotta head out. thanks for contributing.
edit on 18-10-2010 by snusfanatic because: (no reason given)


I wasn't calling you stupid. I was insinuating you posted the pic knowing it was nothing more than reflection as you knew what you were posting. It was the people that argued this wasn't a reflection, most of them whom weren't there (if any were), that I was calling stupid.



posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
good call though. just goes to show that sometimes "i know what i saw" can be flat wrong. the video awaits though....
There is a movie by that title:

I Know what I Saw

I suggest we make a sequel to that movie entitled:

"I know what I saw...wait a minute...maybe not"

I have lots of good footage for this sequel already and maybe we can add yours to the list!

(I'm half-joking, I really do have lots of footage where people say they know what they saw but they don't, but I'm not planning any movie).

But thanks for having the courage to follow-up and admit your mistake, even if it was a little late it's better late than never!



posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The quality of this forum is really starting to lessen. Come on people we should be denying ignorance!




top topics



 
35
<< 7  8  9   >>

log in

join