It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a strange one, Villiage in Chinese mountain dissapears after UFO sightings.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
i'm not sure we should be linking that post from yesterday with this. We should stick to the facts, of which there are few.

so far we know that there were reports of an incident and that a few people posted on chinese forums stating that military were moving into the area. Other than that we know nothing. I suggest we try and focus on the forums again and see what "locals" are saying. I can't do that yet though as i'm at work... I will do some searching when I get home in a few hrs.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

Yup! The video in question has now been verified a red herring. (as so often happens from China. no idea why) So we can ommit that.
But I keep re-reading this report from someone I gather is from a nearby area:
"This morning time, several route army teams leave for the Qinling sierra. Passed by from our county street, tank, but also had that kind to transport missile's vehicle, above covered canvas. Yesterday evening about 10:00, our county many people saw the Qinling direction sky to have the very strange flash, according to eyewitness say, that kind of flash was the purple, around that place 35 miles all were the black clouds. Black is accompanied by the flash thunderously in the clouds. Entire a half hour. Qinling event nobody knows? Our entire county people in biography. Our county closed network. I now other urban surfer. I here person did not know in Xianyang ~. Has more than 200 miles to our county. . Such near place has not obtained the news, is really fearful.
My junior middle school schoolmate just had telephoned to me, he saw with own eyes last night. Today many armies come up from the Xianyang high speed road our county. The high speed road is sealed."
They sound quite shaken up (purely my opinion) and it certainly seems that "something" occured (again IMO)
Weird...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Goosegash

Its a shame but its true, sounds like the whole story is a bit far fetched. There is nothing to say any of it is real. I can't find anything on of any credibility.

...and dude, ur name is easily my favourite on this whole foum.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jexmo
reply to post by Goosegash

Its a shame but its true, sounds like the whole story is a bit far fetched. There is nothing to say any of it is real. I can't find anything on of any credibility.

...and dude, ur name is easily my favourite on this whole foum.

its amazing that this has caused such a massive stir, given the lack of actual fact. our site has gone from a steady 1-200 visits a day to over 1500 today alone. I've also had a few emails asking me to stop "hiding the truth"

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ceetee

I got so excited when i read the thread but its all gone a bit quiet. Great site by the way, I had a little explore on my lunch break.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I've only got as far as p5 of this thread so please forgive me if this info is redundant.

I lived in Xian for a while in the late nineties and if this incident occurred in the Xian area of the mountains it doesn't surprise me in the least.

In Xian there are many military facilities from aircraft design and fabrication plants to munitions and missile factories. There's at least one D.U.M.B. and one secret groom lake style testing range in the locality as well as more normal openly 'listed' military bases. Strange aerial phenomenon came with the territory. I myself while living there was on Air Force property, at one end of one of their bases- they were my landlord, I also had the misfortune of being treated in one of the many military hospitals in the area. Fidel Castro even came to buy aircraft while I was there, but what Bill Gates was really doing there is anyone's guess.

Suffice to say there was always a lot of military activity in the area. There were also a lot of military aircraft crashes that you'd only find out about through word of mouth. Looking at the main video that we seem to be discussing, it would appear that the footage was shot in an industrial area, so it is entirely possible that these lights are part of normal engineering works that often used to continue into the night. Also, I feel it is entirely credible that the lights are the result of an industrial or aircraft accident.

I find the disappearance of a village highly unlikely however the Chinese authorities ability to cover up unusual activity is only matched by their ability to convince the Chinese people to tow the party line in public while only whispering the truth behind closed doors.

Additionally I'll repeat what someone else has already pointed out earlier in the thread. For those still believing in the UFO over the Chinese city footage please give it up. They were looking at some bloke who likes climbing tall buildings and that day he was wearing a spider man costume. This is why the footage is of the crowds and almost completely NOT at the sky. Come on people you're supposed to be better than that.
edit on 14-10-2010 by spookfish because: spelling

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
strangly all popular new threads since yesterday are about UFO
maybe it is just a coincidence...
edit on 14-10-2010 by mick1423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mick1423

I think some people were a little disappointed for obvious reasons and felt the need to keep their dreams alive.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by daluniverse

the positioning
with the lights
the sounds
the size of the light

all identical
its impossible for somebody to have had the same thing twice
i think its just a shortened version of the original video.. except the colour hues, contrast has been edited, thats all

however as the last person said we dont even know this video came with the report
a fake video posted by a coment on the site doesnt actually discredit the story

can we get any more info on the story?
edit on 13-10-2010 by daluniverse because: (no reason given)

Have you watched both videos? I'd say they're both filmed at the same time, but they are different to each other, the clearer one seems to be filmed indoors, as when the lightning flashes you can see the window frame, plus there is traffic visible moving on the road between the street lights at the beginning. The poorer quality video is from an angle off to the right of the other video and seems to be filmed outdoors, and there is a post or plant of some sort in the forground.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I suspect that this story, combined with the balloon release in New York yesterday (which still has our members arguing in a 70 page thread by the way
) may all be linked to that supposed USAF insider who predicted mass UFO events of October 13th about a month back.

Whenever someone makes a "come to Jesus" type of prophecy, we seem to get these "I am live in Huangfeng village, and aliens eat honorable granny and 3 chickens!!!!" stories.

I'm not buying it based on Interweb hysteria alone, serious researchers need evidence, not yellow balloons in New York and some fake Chinese videos.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
hi a couple of things

it was me who pointed out yesturday that the `video` is simply a shortened version of another youtube video from a a year or two back, its obvious by the location, sound and flash all identical, only slight difference is the colour but that can easily have been done by adjusting saturation or colour hue.

however does this discredit the story? no.. because a/ the person who wrote the story didnt include the video, the video i remember was linked at the side by somebody commenting on it, so just because a coment on the page is flogging a dead horse doesnt rule out the story

what i have found very interesting is this source hnews.cn.yahoo.com...

is now down

interesting

are there any news sources for the story left?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Interesting, but the video quality is poor.
By now wonder if BBC reported this news

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This whole thread should be under skunk works. Where did anyone get the idea an entire village disappeared in the first place anyway? If i would have posted this nonsense,you bet they would have moved it on me!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
i agree
the story smells

even if it was a `covered up` story

something would have leaked out

there is just one blog/unofficial site which lists it..

thats it
no news site
no reputable source

i think this can be shoved in the skunk works

the fact that they allowed the `report` to be tagged along with a video which clearly had no relation whatsoever to the `event` prooves the lack of sincerity!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Hypothetically, suppose a Chinese village did vanish after a UFO sighting/encounter. A decently remote area of China, of course. An area also permeated with an R & D, testing and military role, nearby. Say a UFO did appear, and a village vanishes. Since it's pretty vague and we don't know if "village" means all the people of a village, or people and buildings and animals, etc.

The Chinese military/government would have little problem covering this up. In America, at least there is a pretense of citizens having certain rights, and the PTB (powers that be) attempt to dance that dance, which makes things much more difficult to hide. Not that it prevents them from covering things up, it just takes more staging and effort. In China, there is no such thing. They can arbitrarily do whatever they want, no pretense. The point is that IF something happened in a remote Chinese village, there would be little to no evidence to gather, especially being here in America, because their government would have no problem covering it up.

Further, if everyone in the village is "missing," has anyone considered that the Chinese government/military might have summarily executed them all to keep the lid on some profound sighting they were all witness to? There are so many people in China that their government doesn't value life like our government does (and that is really scary because we know what lengths ours will go to at times).

Something to chew on.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Allright guys

just check out this lattest pic straight out of the quilling mountains!!

Amazing !!!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
maybe someones already said this...

the blue light looks like the blue lights from the new movie Skyline

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobbinHood

Something isn't right here. Villages don't just disappear without getting serious media attention.

Some UFO abduction history is needed here. I'll outline the case and you guys can read the links and have fun!
It seems in the 1930's a town in Canada was visited by travelers only to find out that it was abandoned...
Or so they thought until a brief investigation showed that people left food on the tables and on stoves. If they left, it was in a hurry.
The authorities thought it was a big hurry they were in considering they tied the village sled dogs to one tree and left them to die. Unusual for these were the villagers transportation and valuable.
Oh, and the graveyard was dug up. Nothing left.
www.unexplained-mysteries.com...
www.inquiring-mines.com...

And it is still being investigated today....
www.adn.com...
mytwobeadsworth.com...

So it has happened. May happen again....who knows?

edit on 14-10-2010 by DaWhiz because: change where to were

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by istayaway
Allright guys

just check out this lattest pic straight out of the quilling mountains!!

Amazing !!!
Where does that picture come from, it looks like a time lapse tracking of the moon or something simular. (I can't remember the name of what it is I'm trying to remember, but it's sort of like that)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer
Hypothetically, suppose a Chinese village did vanish after a UFO sighting/encounter. A decently remote area of China, of course. An area also permeated with an R & D, testing and military role, nearby. Say a UFO did appear, and a village vanishes. Since it's pretty vague and we don't know if "village" means all the people of a village, or people and buildings and animals, etc.

The Chinese military/government would have little problem covering this up. In America, at least there is a pretense of citizens having certain rights, and the PTB (powers that be) attempt to dance that dance, which makes things much more difficult to hide. Not that it prevents them from covering things up, it just takes more staging and effort. In China, there is no such thing. They can arbitrarily do whatever they want, no pretense. The point is that IF something happened in a remote Chinese village, there would be little to no evidence to gather, especially being here in America, because their government would have no problem covering it up.

Further, if everyone in the village is "missing," has anyone considered that the Chinese government/military might have summarily executed them all to keep the lid on some profound sighting they were all witness to? There are so many people in China that their government doesn't value life like our government does (and that is really scary because we know what lengths ours will go to at times).

Something to chew on.

If the Chinese were to set such a precedence, then wouldn't they have started killing all those people over the recent sightings? Wouldn't it be feasible that the information would not get out?
Chinese and Japanese have a healthy respect for ufology. They don't poo poo it like others. As a matter of fact, have you read anything lately coming from there? They are just a curious as we are!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join