It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a strange one, Villiage in Chinese mountain dissapears after UFO sightings.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
i really almost don't know what to think about this video. the story is really interesting. now i will say that it looks like it has something to do with some sort of electrical malfunction. maybe a downed power line thats still producing electricity? i just cant say. but at the same time it seems to be just too bright to be something as simple as a power line or a transformer. it does look like its shot from a neighboring village. to me it seems like there's an explanation behind it that will make us all slap our foreheads. it just doesn't seem extra terrestrial to me. (as much as i wish it was) but on the other hand, the whole village disappearing? thats just weird. i will say, there's something extremely weird about this video no matter what it is. i had so much trouble downloading it, and when i finally did, it played the first 30 seconds and pooped out on me.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
So what is the general consensus here? I can't read everything as it is very long. Did a village really disappear?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by talisman
So what is the general consensus here? I can't read everything as it is very long. Did a village really disappear?

No, the story was a hoax. Check here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
In which case my thread belongs in the hoax forum, as it has been rumbled.

*winds up the boot*

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
so can we confirm that this is a hoax

many people are going crazy this story is doing my head in

i know the media and government are tight in china

but come on

the video which came with the alleged story was a hoax and was released two years earlier

what does that say about it!!!

all these sensational stories which come out nowadays are garbage, we`re so fed up of them

please stick this in hoax!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by oldschoolsuper star
i really almost don't know what to think about this video. the story is really interesting. now i will say that it looks like it has something to do with some sort of electrical malfunction. maybe a downed power line thats still producing electricity? i just cant say. but at the same time it seems to be just too bright to be something as simple as a power line or a transformer. it does look like its shot from a neighboring village. to me it seems like there's an explanation behind it that will make us all slap our foreheads. it just doesn't seem extra terrestrial to me. (as much as i wish it was) but on the other hand, the whole village disappearing? thats just weird. i will say, there's something extremely weird about this video no matter what it is. i had so much trouble downloading it, and when i finally did, it played the first 30 seconds and pooped out on me.

hello friend
the video is from 2 years ago, if you look through the thread (and im not bein mean dont worry), but people have proven where it came from, its completly unrelated

the fact that a hoaxed material would come with the `story` really says it all

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
OK, thanks to the NYC twitter thread, I stumbled across a twitter about the thread title. Chinese Villiage dissapears after UFO sightings, or something it said. Anyway, this link says that there's a video (but it's blocked in the UK, if someone can ATSerize it that'd be handy) 204.74.214.194...
link to the video
static.youku.com... hZ2UxMjIwMTQ0L3BnMQ==&showAd=0
Now, that forum links to a post on a Chinese UFO forum, which when translated through an internet translator thingy, comes out like this.
www.microsofttranslator.com...

October 13, four in the morning event, it is rumored that the Qinling Mountains, four in the morning a Qinling mountain villages began to disappear. Now the army has blocked site. According to eyewitness, UFO nearby. Qinling Mountains of snakes have fled, insiders of the Qinling Mountains nuclear base accidents. Sohu News: 13 October, a bottom of "Qinling mountain village disappear overnight" posts in the network fengchuan, especially in micro-Bo was crazy. Journalists through multi-party confirmed, confirmed the news of the network. "I hear, 4 am yesterday, Qinling Mountains at the end of a village, all disappear overnight! ... There are a large number of troops in the scene ... "

Is this some kind of random hoax, or has this happened?
(did a search, so if this is a repost, appologies)

IIRC there was also a rather large UFO photographed over another area of China, and it caused an airport to be shut down

something crazy is happening over there, I wish I could find out exactly what!

My hunch is this one is a hoax, and the other is an experimental aircraft, after all China has some seriously impressive technology behind their aero/defence projects

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Hi, I know this is old but I had not previously heard about this, I am interested in what someone said earlier about Cherenkov radiation, but who knows if it is relevant or not. It should be known though that Cherenkov radiation does not exactly appear to require a nuclear reactor to exist, it seems to be the product of charged particles moving quickly through a dense(or light resistant) substance.

en.wikipedia.org...
Cherenkov radiation (also spelled Cerenkov or Čerenkov) is electromagnetic radiation emitted when a charged particle (such as an electron) passes through an insulator at a constant speed greater than the speed of light in that medium. The charged particles polarize the molecules of that medium, which then turn back rapidly to their ground state, emitting radiation in the process. The characteristic blue glow of nuclear reactors is due to Cherenkov radiation. It is named after Russian scientist Pavel Alekseyevich Cherenkov, the 1958 Nobel Prize winner who was the first to characterise it rigorously.[1]

Some generic pdf file I found
The Second Artillery’s nuclear weapons management function begins with its central warhead storage and handling complex. Known as the 22 Base [96401 Unit], the complex has been located in Taibai County [太白县] deep in the Qinling mountain range for over 40 years.11 However, its original location, dating back to the origins of China’s nuclear weapon development program, was near Xining in Qinghai Province.1

Of most significance was a 2.3 kilometer tunnel passing through
Qinling Mountain and a series of spiral tunnels just southwest of Baoji.18 The rail also
supported a major ballistic missile engine and component research and development and
production complex
, known as the 067 Base, in the mountainous county adjacent to Taibai
that was established in 1965.19

Apparently, it is their primary nuclear weapons storage and research base, and probably makes a handy place to research pretty much anything else as well. All signs point to it being some Chinese technological research or something, I doubt any snakes were actually running from them and I would doubt it was aliens. It is located right smack in the center of China and their policy, due to the proximity of Russia and Japan, is to keep all their most important stuff, well, right smack in the center of China. From what I read the base there is a literal fortress, it screams of government agendas and possibly scare tactics, it would not surprise me if they offed the entire village and blamed it on UFOs.
edit on 14-12-2010 by RSF77 because: Haha, didn't realize it was a hoax, still some interesting information though.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Just wanted to pass along an important announcement regarding the Qinling mountain village that reportedly disappeared. As of this date, this story has not had a definitive resolution, neither hoax nor proof has within any doubt of speculation been offered.

And Egypt is pissed.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by daluniverse

Tell, me do you have any reason for thinking it's hoaxed?
edit on 3-2-2012 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ceetee

I know it's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy late but thank you kind sir! ^____^

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Just heard about this the other day on Coast to Coast AM.

Of course if it were true, you would expect it to be heavily suppressed and spun.

I wanted to find out what was going on recently with this story. Well, this guy on Instagram has some pictures from an abandoned village, Qinling, from a month ago. If you have been to China you know space and real estate are at a premium, and Chinese people are the last I would expect walk away from houses and properties.

My spoken Mandarin is okay but I don't read or write, will get one of my Chinese friends to translate some of these comments.

Link to Instagram and Qinling pics

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE
Ghost cities in China are very common. ghost cities

edit on 9-1-2015 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE
Ghost cities in China are very common. ghost cities

From what I have seen, the term "Ghost Cities" is used in China in conjunction with massive new constructions, capable of housing tens of thousands of people, which are completely empty and many are hundreds of miles from the nearest metropolitan area, some think they were built in case of some huge natural catastrophe.

However, this is a small abandoned village, where about four years ago a UFO was reportedly spotted, and soon after all the villagers had disappeared, and the PLA temporarily imposed some kind of cordon on the area. Well, the village is still empty, the cordon gone, no signs or any indications the villagers disappearance was due to some sort of imposed evacuation due some kind of environmental contamination.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE
If you have been to China you know space and real estate are at a premium, and Chinese people are the last I would expect walk away from houses and properties.

Yes, I remember reading about this story a few yrs ago. My "ghost city" reply was in regards to your above statement.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join