It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans NEED their GUNS for the sake of Jusitce and Peace.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I agree with you on every point MrRed.
Since you are not allowed weapons or even to defend yourself you need to learn a new tactic-
How to hide the bodies.

I'm going to the range today and get in some target practice.
God save the Queen/ Long live the Republic

Well enjoy your day at the range. Its a right I have been denied living mostly in the UK.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45

Originally posted by trailertrash
reply to post by MrRed

Guns are no good with ammunition. Ammunition is expensive. Simple matter for an aggressive government to move suddenly to shut down sources before we knew anything about it. Then, with no more bullets, we can all do exactly nothing whilst the bad guys take over. So much for the myth of US citizens with guns insuring freedom.

tt

edit on 7-10-2010 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

HeHeHe...ever heard of stockpiling and reloading....lol

Stockpile away but when that is gone then what?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
the gun haters always come out when people make these threads.....

simple fact the us government is better armed than the legal citizens of this country

notice there i said legal citizens with regards to gang bangers,criminals we they are better armed than us civis

but wait second ammend says we have the right to keep and bear arms but wait here comes the loony lefts and tell us not so fast free american your only going to own what we tell you you can not only that we are going to tell you how many rounds it can hold what it looks like how much ammunition you can have on your premises.....

the limitation of the second ammendment is the greatest example of trampling on americans rights next right to obamacare and thats another subject all together.............

the us government can run over the average citizen with no problems and thats what they wanted and they will continue to disarm us all....

to the dude say all guns should be banned and hunting should be banned ARE YOU CRAZY?...

who is going to protect you? the police? thats rich their jobs isnto prevent crime its to clean it up after the fact.

guns now guns forever and change the second ammendment back to its original intent

and its original intent was to have its public citizen just as armed as the us government...

if you people have a problem with what i say your free not to like but mess with my right to own what i what and as heston said it " you can have if you can pry it from my cold dead hands"

this is my belief and i ask how far are you willing to go for yours..........in the darkness of nite when evil stares you in the face who are you going to run to simple fact there you are and not a gun or a bullet on your person except me...............there i am in the darkness of nite with my kevlar body armor and nightvision -thermalvision loaded to bear with my guns and 200 rounds of 5.56mm fmj and 50 rounds of .45 acp with a few grenades too boot...................who will survive me or you?..

chance favors the prepared mind.............
edit on 7-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

I just wanted to point out that despite the fact that they are just hand held guns, a few strategically placed bullets could make a world of difference!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrRed
Firstly, I am not American but English and I am not a gun loving freak. I do however believe that the day the US implements a ban on firearms, US citizens and citizens everywhere must expect something sinister and unpleasant is on the cards for them.

The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution in brief, the RIGHT to BEAR ARMS is to me such an important right.

American people currently have the right (barring certain criteria eg criminal record) to possess weapons in order to protect themselves like at home for instance. I am focusing on guns.

I believe that Americans MUST stand and continue to have this right. This right for me, protects the citizens of American from an all out tyranny reigned down on them by the US GOV. Without these guns the American citizen is defenseless against the Government who spends more than any other nation on tactical weapons.

Having these guns the American citizen stops its own government from doing many things:

1) Turning the Country into the largest dictatorship ever know.
2) Rounding up the masses and placing them in camps.
3) Enforcing their policies via violence and intimidation
4) Making the Citizen powerless to fight back.

Number 4 on the list is the one I care about. The American Citizen is so important in todays world. They are the only set of people that can change the current regime in place in Washington and they are the only ones who can fight and stop the US GOV controlling the world from within the US. This to me is a crucial point. Having this right to bear arms is a savior, it can give hope and power to the masses in a time of real need. A last stand.

Having these guns should give man hope that not everything and anything can and will be taken from us. So its ok for the police to use them to enforce a rule, but god help a citizen who uses one in defense of themselves. I DO NOT agree with this. NOT one bit.

The Gov and the criminal can just about do anything using violence and we as the citizen are powerless to fight back fairly.

The GOV and criminals do not fight fair, so as a citizen you need the right to protect yourselves no matter what. Your right to live, to breathe, to stop harm to your person should never be compromised.

Without, justice will be dictated and peace will no longer be a word familiar to the American.

I support the 2nd Amendment for US citizens and I think that we need to support this Amendment even if we are not American. The US gov will have nothing to fear if they outlaw guns and confiscate them form their citizens. NO man, woman or child in the US will be safe any longer.

As a English, freedom loving, life enjoying person I wish we in the UK had the right to bear arms.

edit on 7/10/10 by MrRed because: spelling

This ties for the top three most intelligent posts I have read since coming to ats.

Analytical, intelligent, well-put and precise. Flag and star for you

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee
reply to post by MrRed

Great to see that people who are not even from the US understand how important this right is. I live in the US and exercise my right each and every day! Trust me when I say, we realize why the fore fathers insured this right, and don’t think that for one minute that the govt. could EVER take it from us without a war! There would many, many lives lost on BOTH sides. It is a day that I personally think is fast approaching, and I feel most of the people who are pro 2nd amendment, have been preparing for that day. I and friends have stock piled in 55gl drums buried around the area, ammo, food, and manny, manny, guns, just waiting for that dreadful day.

Keep your eye on Hilary Clinton and all dealings in United Nations dealing with world gun control.
That woman is lobbying to have your right taken away.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyko45
reply to post by Ignorance_Defier

Obviously you know nothing of the effectiveness of guerilla warfare. The US government will NEVER attempt a hostile takeover of its own populace.(it cannot be done) It will be done over time with more subtle tactics. Thats why our VOTE is the most effective weapon we have. The second amendment has and continues to function as it was designed to.

The US military, and US citzens are on the same team, like it or not. Most US citezens either have been or still are US military.

Its not a hostile takeover we have to worry about, its the quiet policy changes that accrue over time which will cripple...

When the administration of the U.S. government sells us out to the United Nations:

it will be foreign troops brought in to take your weapons .

Watch all activity by Sec. of State. check out her history for the last 20 years
and all executive agreements signed by obomination with other muslim countries.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Thing is, here in the US we have a VOTE. The second amendment gives us a way to protect our RIGHT to vote. It is not for taking up arms when a certain group doesnt get thier way.

Martial law does not give us the right to take up arms against the government. We elected our government, and if thats the descision that is made, then cooperation will be the most profitable stance one can take.

We take up arms when we no longer have a vote. The first time a leader self appoints him or herself. Then Ill be the first to sling lead.

When uneducated people read "you can have my gun when..." It scares them, they start thinking of the tim mcveighs and the david koreshs of the world. Its not thier fault that theyre scared, they just dont know any better.

VOTE PROTEST RALLY..It works..these are all legitemate forms of ensuring our freedom and way of life.

Dont give the anti-gunners any more ammunition (ha ha) than they already have by acting militant and talking of violent revolution. The second amendment is not for violent revolution or overthrow of an ELECTED gov. Its to augment the security of the United States Of America and her people.

If you really care about the constitution and your freedom which has been and continues to be paid for with the blood and sacrifice of your countrymen, then wake up, never again speak of armed conflict with the government that protects you and your children from true tyranny. If you dont wake up..then you deserve the
slumber you will be provided with behind bars when you commit acts of domestic terrorism and treason.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by psyko45

not going to argue with you man but i just want to point out mcveigh didnt use a gun to do his crimes

he used explosives..........................

after reading your post i think i should make the clarification that i am not calling for violent revolution...

i just call for the right to protect myself in accordance to the constitution.....

last thought here only a fool thinks the the police and government will protect them they cant be everywhere all at the same time..
edit on 7-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Use your brain
What I have always pondered are the implications of the second amendment. There are those "literalists" who take the meaning of the Constitution at face value. By their understanding (and my own to an extent), is that the second amendment is really meant to insure that the people are armed just as well as the government (if they so please to be). By those standards, would your average U.S. American militiaman not be entitled to MLRS systems, M1A2 Abrams tanks, Apache helicopters, et cetera.

I'm certainly not an NRA member, but I do own a few firearms for hunting and survival purposes. The extent of my "assault grade" hardware would be a "ranch rifle" in the NATO 5.56 caliber, or .223 remington. I am, however, all for people having the ability to purchase any firearm they wish to obtain. To strip citizens of fully-automatic weapons systems, armor-piercing ammunition and high-level kevlar systems is to strip away the very point of the second amendment. I have no need for any of the above listed, but if citizens must reclaim and safe-guard their own freedoms, again the point of the second amendment, they should be equipped with the tools necessary to get the job done.

This issue is much more complex and possesses many more shades than the black and white palette that I have presented, but it is food-for-thought none the less.

Actually any citizen IS allowed to own class III firearms, which is what you listed. The Supreme court has ruled again and again that they are. The way the gov has circumvented this in the past is to implement taxes and registration requirements that are soo restrictive that it is virtually impossible for the average citizen to get them.

This will probably soon change due to recent SCOTUS decisions like the one against the restrictions placed in Chicago...

Jaden

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by psyko45

You really need to read the declaration of independence, the federalist papers etc.... There was ONE reason for the second amendment, and that was to protect against tyranny by the GOVERNMENT....WOW.... it's people like you that will allow the second amendment to be repealed, which would lead to instantaneous armed revolt.

We must exhaust all other forms of peaceful resolution of constitutional infringments first, but the second amnedment is there to make sure that armed revolt is available as a last course.

Jaden

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee
reply to post by wayno

I just wanted to point out that despite the fact that they are just hand held guns, a few strategically placed bullets could make a world of difference!

so true, and ultimately the only easy solution to tranny

guns are just metal and plastic, people are the only problem in the equation....
....if you cherish life and your loved ones/family, is having a tool to protect them crazy? I'll answer that correctly for you... No. Not being able to protect yours/your own is what is crazy and irresponsible
...protecting oneself is not a right that can be given or taken away

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden
reply to post by psyko45

it's people like you that will allow the second amendment to be repealed, which would lead to instantaneous armed revolt.

If the second amendment is repealed legally...so be it.

Care to elaborate on what a 'person like me' is? Sounds an awful lot like stereotypical generalization.

I think you should probably re-read my post, carefully evaluate exactly what I said, quote it if necesarry, then IF you are a civilized and educated person, apologize.

I accept your apology in advance as this will be my last communication with you.
edit on 7-10-2010 by psyko45 because: content

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I can see NO legitimate reason for Guns being banned like they are in England or any other place they were forbidden.

1) Murders of innocent civilians still happen daily with guns and knives or baseball bats, clubs and even cars.

2) Criminals are not law abiding and so if guns are banned they will go underground making it harder to trace them and their activities.

3) The Civilian will be a sitting duck for the gov to wield their terror. The GOV and Police use GUNS to inflict there terror and violence on people who choose to ask questions, who choose to be free, who choose to be free thinking humans.

4) The US gov will only seek to ban guns for reasons that favors them. This will have a opposite effect for the citizen meaning nothing good can come of it.

A gun is simply a device. It can not kill anyone on its own. Only people can kill.

Are we going to ban people?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Imagine yourself in the military - you're there because you want to be. You probably have some form of pride in country, fellow citizens, etc. What would it take for you to kill American civilians? Would you take your rifle or tank or drone and kill other soldiers' family members? I say there would be a very high desertion rate.

It would take some kind of force to have American soldiers kill American sheriffs, state troopers, state national guardsman, armed citizenry, thugs.........everyone.

So ho many would participate in a "tyrannical takeover" ? More than 100 million? How many people including all state and local governments have guns? I say over 100 million strong.

Governors know their role in the country - keeping the federal government out of states rights - they have pride. I believe many would band together if there were any attempt of tyrannical takeover by one government party.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Thank you OP. Well written statement. In honor of you "Getting it", I will fire a few shots in your honor this weekend.

I suggest you save some money and schedule a vacation to the US next April or October and come to Knob Creek, where we excersize our second ammendment rights at the biggest machine-gun shoot in the US.
edit on 10/7/2010 by loki41872 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by loki41872

Unfortunately, with me being a British citizen I now refuse to travel to the States as we foreigners are required to present our fingers for printing. Plus telling my friends and family that I am off to a place called "Knob Creek" will raise some eyebrows

To me this means my prints will be in the US system somewhere and I really do not want them showing up next to a dead Senator some day WTSHTF.

But please do enjoy those extra shots. I envy you.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrRed
reply to post by loki41872

Unfortunately, with me being a British citizen I now refuse to travel to the States as we foreigners are required to present our fingers for printing. Plus telling my friends and family that I am off to a place called "Knob Creek" will raise some eyebrows

To me this means my prints will be in the US system somewhere and I really do not want them showing up next to a dead Senator some day WTSHTF.

But please do enjoy those extra shots. I envy you.

Bravo. Condescending, elitist, and sarcasm in only six lines. All done with class and tact. By jove you are Brittish!

Apologies in advance as Im sure I mis-read your post.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

So, is it YOUR opinion that we should relinquish our firearms, and roll over to the "multi-billion dollar" US/UN army, and go quietly into the night like so many other countries have done?

Should we just be mindless slaves, and eaters doing the "master's" bidding until we die, never having that backup option?

Nope. You are misreading my intentions. I believe that you and we, and I, must be vigilant in defending our rights and duties against the imposition of big government and probably even more important, multi-national corporations who are in charge of governments pretty much world-wide.

I just don't see personal weapons as a legitimate tool in that fight. It is much more important in my mind to work on prevention and correction of these problems. Work to ensure real elections, with real options and not just the preselected candidates who are puppets of the wealthy elite. There are a million things that can and aught to be done before you get to the stage where government is actually to the point you guys are afraid of.

You all make it sound like there is nothing you can do. Some of you sound itching for a fight -- like its some kind of fantasy for you. Well, I would prefer to do everything in my power and to harness that "will of the people" power to do some prevention and prevent the bloodshed.

That may sound like a pipe dream to you but its mine and I will hold on to it. I live in Canada and never in my life felt like I needed a gun to protect myself from either government or bad guys. Its next door to you but a million miles away apparently.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Actually just a few hundred Al Quada are doing a pretty effective job in Afghanistan against a force of over 100,000. So yea I think it can be done.

There is nothing wrong with guns themselves, and as a general rule I have to be on the side of gun owners rights. I just think the morons who overuse the 2nd Amendment or puke out quotes from Charlton Heston are too immature to own a firearm. These are the people that either don't have a gun, or if they do, would probably shoot themselves in the foot if it came down to it.

Actually al-Queda has more than riffles in pistols. They have grenades machine guns, stingers and other high powered riffles. What is your hunting sniper or hand gun going to do against drone aircrafts, missile strikes, nukes, tanks and other military weapons??

All of those who say the 2nd amendment gives us the right to protect against a tyrannical government is out of their mind and dismissing the fact that their low powered weapons aren't going to do anything to the full USA military.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join