It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans NEED their GUNS for the sake of Jusitce and Peace.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Firstly, I am not American but English and I am not a gun loving freak. I do however believe that the day the US implements a ban on firearms, US citizens and citizens everywhere must expect something sinister and unpleasant is on the cards for them.

The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution in brief, the RIGHT to BEAR ARMS is to me such an important right.

American people currently have the right (barring certain criteria eg criminal record) to possess weapons in order to protect themselves like at home for instance. I am focusing on guns.

I believe that Americans MUST stand and continue to have this right. This right for me, protects the citizens of American from an all out tyranny reigned down on them by the US GOV. Without these guns the American citizen is defenseless against the Government who spends more than any other nation on tactical weapons.

Having these guns the American citizen stops its own government from doing many things:

1) Turning the Country into the largest dictatorship ever know.
2) Rounding up the masses and placing them in camps.
3) Enforcing their policies via violence and intimidation
4) Making the Citizen powerless to fight back.

Number 4 on the list is the one I care about. The American Citizen is so important in todays world. They are the only set of people that can change the current regime in place in Washington and they are the only ones who can fight and stop the US GOV controlling the world from within the US. This to me is a crucial point. Having this right to bear arms is a savior, it can give hope and power to the masses in a time of real need. A last stand.

There comes a point when people as a group will take no more of the abuse, the infringement of freedom, the lies and the injustice. The only way to battle this is too fight back.

You can not fight against an army who is Armed to the teeth if you yourselves are not Armed to the teeth. Battle is rarely fair and lets face it the US GOV has some serious firepower to hand.

Having these guns should give man hope that not everything and anything can and will be taken from us. In Britain guns have been banned for a long time. Does this stop the Criminal having guns. NO. Does it stop people getting their hands on one of they really want one? NO Does it stop the shootings? NO. However, I feel a lot less safe at home with criminals also suffering in the hard financial times and burglary is such an easy money making scheme. We are not even allowed police batons. So its ok for the police to use them to enforce a rule, but god help a citizen who uses one in defense of themselves. I DO NOT agree with this. NOT one bit.

Now the UK gov banned large knives and swords. Does this stop the stabbings? NO. Banning something that can protect someone only serve to weaken the potential victim, thus creating more victims. We in the UK are left with zero. Reasonable force they allow. That is open to interpretation and does not account for the Fear Factor. In actuality we are screwed in the UK. The Gov and the criminal can just about do anything using violence and we as the citizen are powerless to fight back fairly.

The GOV and criminals do not fight fair, so as a citizen you need the right to protect yourselves no matter what. Your right to live, to breathe, to stop harm to your person should never be compromised.

I think that if the US government underestimates how angry its citizens are getting over their treatment of the world we live in then that may one day be their downfall. With these guns some form of Justice and Peace can remain. Without, justice will be dictated and peace will no longer be a word familiar to the American.

I support the 2nd Amendment for US citizens and I think that we need to support this Amendment even if we are not American. The US gov will have nothing to fear if they outlaw guns and confiscate them form their citizens. NO man, woman or child in the US will be safe any longer.

As a English, freedom loving, life enjoying person I wish we in the UK had the right to bear arms.

* This is not an attack on anti gun activists but a fight for the right of humans everywhere.
edit on 7/10/10 by MrRed because: spelling

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
What a crock. That would have to be the saddest excuse for "The RIGHT to bear arms" I have heard yet.

To not have/own a gun does not:

1) Turn a Country into the largest dictatorship ever known.
2) allow for rounding up the masses and placing them in camps.
3) enforce their policies via violence and intimidation
4) nor does it make the Citizen powerless to fight back.

Stop looking for excuses as to why you THINK it is your right just because it says so on a piece of paper!
You need more control gun control than what you have (IMO none of you should have them), but because of this piece of paper, you refuse to see how seriously stuffed up it is when it comes to the US stats on gun related crime.
Get over it!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Seeker

Firstly, It not a my piece of paper, Im from the UK if you could read the thread please.

Second, without the right to protect yourself, the US gov would have free reign. Guns are the best form of protection. Its why the police and the Military have them and not just pleasant words for the enemy.

This is about OUR rights as people.
But thank you for your opinion Seeker.

edit on 7/10/10 by MrRed because: spelling

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MrRed

I do apologize.

But with regards to the rest - keep telling yourself that

edit on 7-10-2010 by The_Seeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
What I have always pondered are the implications of the second amendment. There are those "literalists" who take the meaning of the Constitution at face value. By their understanding (and my own to an extent), is that the second amendment is really meant to insure that the people are armed just as well as the government (if they so please to be). By those standards, would your average U.S. American militiaman not be entitled to MLRS systems, M1A2 Abrams tanks, Apache helicopters, et cetera.

I'm certainly not an NRA member, but I do own a few firearms for hunting and survival purposes. The extent of my "assault grade" hardware would be a "ranch rifle" in the NATO 5.56 caliber, or .223 remington. I am, however, all for people having the ability to purchase any firearm they wish to obtain. To strip citizens of fully-automatic weapons systems, armor-piercing ammunition and high-level kevlar systems is to strip away the very point of the second amendment. I have no need for any of the above listed, but if citizens must reclaim and safe-guard their own freedoms, again the point of the second amendment, they should be equipped with the tools necessary to get the job done.

This issue is much more complex and possesses many more shades than the black and white palette that I have presented, but it is food-for-thought none the less.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MrRed

I gave you your first flag MrRed.

I just wanted you to know who gave you your first flag

Thanks for effort you put into this thread, much appreciated. As an American, I think you bring up some valid observations, although I may not agree with some of it, I recognize the effort you put into it. Thanks.

-ET

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Most gracious MR ET,

I know that some of it is questionable. And some of it could be considered gun loving.

I am of the opinion that American citizens may be our last stand against a growing power.

I think the Bill of Rights is slowly being eroded. Teh 2nd Amendment is to me very important as it may be the final hurdle the government need to fully control its citizens.

Various Dictators implemented a ban on Firearms for its citizens before realizing complete domination over them.

Thank you for your comments and the flag

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Great Post, MRred. I concur!

Ahh yes, the lovely 2nd Amendment.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I certainly love Penn and Teller's explanation as well.

What do you people NOT get about this? Really?

Here is a lengthy article on Gun Bans and Genocide

Criminals will always, always, always find a way to get guns. Do criminals care about Laws? simple answer NO, otherwise they wouldn't be criminals. THe break the law to get what THEY want..

So banning the guns from the civilian population only HELPS the criminals.

Where has some of the most vicious killing sprees been in our country? GUN FREE ZONES.. Schools, and Post offices.

Do you think, with as crazy as the government has been in the past few years, if we were disarmed, that it would have been so subtle? Do you think we'd be the way we are now? Doubtful.. since they keep messing with things they aught to leave alone.

So go ahead, and take the guns, and disarm the country..
When your rounded up, and done away with.. be glad.. because there are no guns in civilian hands to secure your freedom.
When someone breaks into your house and has a gun, but all you have is a kitchen knife.. Be glad. Because no one in the house except the criminal has a gun.. Hope the police get there in time.. if you get a chance to call them.

With power comes great responsibility. Owning Gun(s) is a responsibility, and not a light one. But in the end they are a tool of Freedom and Safety. And YOU have the right to choose to own one or not.

edit on 7-10-2010 by Cygnis because: Video link

edit on 7-10-2010 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Guns.
Guns are fine and all, it's ok, but some people really need to stop bukakke blasting pictures of Thomas Jefferson while exclaiming "You can have my gun when you pry it out of my cold dead hand!"

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I personally believe the second amendment gives states the right to create and govern a militia, I do not believe that civilians should have the right to own/carry weapons. I also believe hunting should be banned.

It's funny that the right is "pro-life" but not when it comes to the death penalty and the use of weapons via war and "self defense".

Disgusting.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ignorance_Defier
I personally believe the second amendment gives states the right to create and govern a militia, I do not believe that civilians should have the right to own/carry weapons. I also believe hunting should be banned.

It's funny that the right is "pro-life" but not when it comes to the death penalty and the use of weapons via war and "self defense".

Disgusting.

Yup, welcome to the USA, where, YOU can believe any 'ol drivel you wish to.. Because you have that RIGHT!

Doesn't matter if it's right or wrong. You can believe what you wish to.. Dang having Rights is a fine thing, isn't it?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

I don't understand why I just wasted 4 minutes and 33 seconds of my life watching a xenophobic video putting down the great country of China??

Amendments can be amended themselves. None of them are "set in stone" the second one can be taken away.

And honestly, let's say the right wings wet nightmare of martial law was declared and the military started attacking citizens; is your little glock or riffle going to protect you against drone aircrafts? Is it going to protect you against m16's, flash bangs. grenades etc?

You really think your tiny pistol or rifle can protect you against drone aircrafts and state of the art military technology?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
You just keep hating on guns. They are just a tool. But here's the scoop. Every nation in history eventually oversteps it's boundaries and when it does the result is tyranny. Gun and weapons control on the citizens of a nation has always been followed by genocide and murder.

The truth is that not just Americans but every human being on Earth has a natural right to own a gun. It doesn't matter whether you like guns or despise them. They are here. They are here for better or for worse. But as long as the governments of the world choose to hold onto them, so must the people. Any other course of action is ignorance of the highest degree. If you've convinced yourself that leaving the government as the sole owner of weapons and are expecting them to handle themselves in a responsible and judicious manner then you have no grip on reality.

As I said above, it doesn't matter what anti-gun people think anyways because you have absolutely ZERO right, just like the government to tell me whether or what, or where I can carry my weapons (except on your private property). This is because it is what's known as a NATURAL RIGHT. I, as a human being have every right to protect myself in any way I see fit as long as I do no harm to the innocent. In the same way as ANY other human. Gun confiscators have no leg to stand on, Could a tiger tell another tiger it may no longer have it's claws or teeth? No. It is unnatural and makes no sense.

So in closing. You don't have to own a gun it's your choice as a human being. You don't have to like guns, they are after a tool used for killing or defense (like claws). But you have no choice as to whether others may have them. Period. Lastly, you need to get a grip if you think that the group of people that you should be worried about being armed is the citizens of the world. Or even the criminals. Because the group that has the most, the biggest, and the best guns, is the governments. And they have killed more people with their guns than anyone else. And you are making it entirely too easy for them if you disarm yourselves.

Nice OP. S&F. And wake up people..
edit on 7-10-2010 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

How is your pistol or riffle or even if you had an SMG going to save you from a true tyrannical government take over? Really you think that is going to protect you against unmanned drone aircrafts? You think it will do any damage to a tank????

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Seeker
What a crock. That would have to be the saddest excuse for "The RIGHT to bear arms" I have heard yet.

To not have/own a gun does not:

1) Turn a Country into the largest dictatorship ever known.
2) allow for rounding up the masses and placing them in camps.
3) enforce their policies via violence and intimidation
4) nor does it make the Citizen powerless to fight back.

Stop looking for excuses as to why you THINK it is your right just because it says so on a piece of paper!
You need more control gun control than what you have (IMO none of you should have them), but because of this piece of paper, you refuse to see how seriously stuffed up it is when it comes to the US stats on gun related crime.
Get over it!

I will address the 4 points and why they are accurate.

1) The Military industrial complex

www.globalresearch.ca...

2) HR 645

www.govtrack.us...

3) See # 1

4) The 2nd amendment is there when the 1st amendment is removed.

All of this came to be via the Magna Carta.

en.wikipedia.org...

I suggest you read it.

The rights of man took it a step further.

en.wikipedia.org...

This can also be traced to another bloody uprising in france.

en.wikipedia.org...

So as the saying goes, history often repeats itself.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance_Defier

Actually just a few hundred Al Quada are doing a pretty effective job in Afghanistan against a force of over 100,000. So yea I think it can be done.

There is nothing wrong with guns themselves, and as a general rule I have to be on the side of gun owners rights. I just think the morons who overuse the 2nd Amendment or puke out quotes from Charlton Heston are too immature to own a firearm. These are the people that either don't have a gun, or if they do, would probably shoot themselves in the foot if it came down to it.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance_Defier

Yeah in some cases they will. But that is a ridiculous question. Not everyone or every target in a tyrannical governnment are sitting in tanks or flying drones. They don't shoot through mountains either. I'm surprised the governments haven't thrown out their own guns.
I'm not gonna play this game with you.

As I said above you are entitled to your opinion. I suggest you really think about the logistics of it. Consider the truth of this world instead of getting defensive or trying to win an argument.

I've said my piece. I'm done.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Of all the things the New Administration in the White house fear, I believe it is the backlash of the General public in force.

Maybe one gun can not shoot a drone, or through a tank, but lets face it, the power of say 20 million or even 35 million people united with firearms standing up for FREEDOM and JUSTICE is staggering.

This right to bear arms must be held up at all cost. I am absolutely convinced that without this right, the US government will rule with absolute tyranny. And this will spread to other western countries.

People have the right to protect themselves no matter what. We each must be allowed and given the right to choose how we do that. No one owns us, YET!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
america can keep its guns i would just removal all the bullets so to stop blue on blue attacks.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrRed

Maybe one gun can not shoot a drone, or through a tank, but lets face it, the power of say 20 million or even 35 million people united with firearms standing up for FREEDOM and JUSTICE is staggering.

Well we saw tanks in Iraq fall victim to a jar of gasoline.

Bang for your buck, a $1 weapon vs. a multi million dollar weapon, they got
their moneys worth on that deal.

Fire is an amazing equalizer, but if it gets out of control it will kill friend
and foe alike.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join