It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This story has CHANGED MY LIFE ... it may change yours as well.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Can you post a link to where you got this story from?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Take control of your emotions. This is not the place or the thread to fly off the handle. A point should be debated with logic not emotion. Emotion clouds the issue. Stop taking comments made on here personally. It's just an opinion. Life is not about convincing everybody that your opinion is the only right one. We all have ideas and theories about what's going on so let's just remember that and keep it civil.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Great thread and story. I constantly try to feel what others are feeling to better understand them. It will likely be more so now after reading that story.

If everyone were as empathetic and sympathetic as that, this world would be an amazing place.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I see life like this...

Your body is like your car. While you may have many cars in a lifetime, you
will only have one body. It is your personal conveyance--your avatar.

The true root of all evil is to think of oneself only as flesh, because flesh is
instinctual, greedy, self-serving...and short-lived.

Your spirit (the intangible part of you that we cannot perceive) is empathic,
and concerned with the whole of life.

Our test is to create more than we destroy, to give more than we take, to learn
more than command.

The passage "ashes to ashes and dust to dust" is a confirmation
of physics--that matter and energy cannot be destroyed, only changed.

You are eternal...that sack of meat and bone you are wearing is a recyclable
package.

The proof of this is you...it is found in the singularity
of your awareness.

You are unique...

You were before...

You will be after...

edit on 7-10-2010 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
reply to post by gatorboi117

Interesting outlook on life. However, in the words of Nick Cave, people just ain't no good...sometimes. We all judge, however much we claim otherwise. It is good to empathize with others, but make sure you don't get used. It happens all too often and only the Mickey Mouse University of Life can teach you that.

Wow who hurt you? I have been hurt many times through my existence but I never felt that bad.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Very good thread.. An intresting challenge.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
reply to post by MMPI2

Take control of your emotions. This is not the place or the thread to fly off the handle. A point should be debated with logic not emotion. Emotion clouds the issue. Stop taking comments made on here personally. It's just an opinion. Life is not about convincing everybody that your opinion is the only right one. We all have ideas and theories about what's going on so let's just remember that and keep it civil.

Thank you for the backup TiM3LoRd,
I must say, I once had a powerful dream very similar to the one you described earlier. I didn't make the connection with the similarity and deep resonance that it had with the story in the OP until you recounted your experience.

gatorboi117,
If you are interested in lucid dreaming, I would highly recommend a technique/product I've had great success with. It's called the Hemi Sync lucid dreaming series. It's really expensive but if you have the cash it's worth it. If you don't, you may be able to get a copy from your local library or have them ship a copy in for you. If you can't get a copy this way and are really interested, U2U me and I might be able to help you out (that is once I've reached 20 posts and can respond with a pm lol).

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
yea i figured it out when i was you, i grew up believeing this, and nobody told me this idea, i just naturally came to the conclusion, think about it, if you are who you are now, then before you were you , you were someone else, or something else.

So "god" lives as differnt people....because hes bored? is it like a video game to him/her/it.
I can feel everyones pain, anyone i meet, its like i am seeing thier entire life before my eyes, and i just feel sad (since most have had bad expierences) i wonder.... who is the last life, we will live as? they are probally living it right now, which is an interseting thought.

As out there as this idea is, i always have held it close to my heart because deep down, i've always known.
So when people fight and kill eachother, its really suicide without them really realizing it lol
kinda like the tree/universe idea. each leaf repersents a universe, which connects to a branch, which is a multiverse, that connects to bigger ones, that connects to the trunk. the superverse, the roots take in energy, much like this existence, takes in energy from a dimenion beyond all other diemnions, which i have dubbed the nexus (deinfation connection, joint)

We have much to learn, or we could have always known everything, life is beatiful in everyway.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Fantastic thread.

Finally, a coherent and simple explanation of all that is.

The cowardice within me doesn't want to believe purely because I don't want to suffer in future/past incarnations. The innate love within me has always essentially known this to be "God's" modus operandi.

If it's true, it means that ATS has but one member, right?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The fact that I will never be able to conceive humanity as one being; no matter how hard i try, drives me nuts. Very interesting story.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Thank you for posting this story. I think it will touch many people, and you should be proud to have a hand in reminding us what we may have lost, or at least forgotten. Young man, you have definitely touched my life with this.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Excellent thread! Thank you for sharing that with us. There is something to be said about finding humanity and compassion for others......It deffinately makes you think twice before speaking.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
That is an amazing story! And I'm glad that it's helping to change the way some of you guys are perceiving things. But for me it did nothing. This is because i have already come the conclusions that the story is to help you reach. I've been thinking of everyone else as me. I can easily understand another persons happiness and anguish.

We are all one in the same.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
if I am everyone, well, I think its best for me to not even be born

I am 4¨&(&¨#%$#$*&%

thats why I conclude that I cant be everyone

but its very possible that everyone is created inside my own mind, what is that called, wait, dream? right?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
This story reminds me of a lucid dream I had last month. In the dream I knew I was dreaming(obviously) so I decided to gauge the awareness level of my dream characters who were being animated by my sub contiousness I suppose. I told them they were not real and that I was the creator of their world. They didn't seem to understand what I was saying and they had a blank look on their face. I then showed them I could levitate and fly and that seemed to convince them that at the very least that I was more than what I appeared to be. But they still coudnt grasp the concept that I was their god(so to speak) I then got bored and left them to their mundane existence and took off in search of more adventurous pursuits.

Jessica Alba?

----------

Great Story star and flag. This is something I could totally get on board with. Only one question though... What about the animals? Are they created by us therefore for are own amusement?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

I'm not sure I agree with it all, but the fact is I enjoyed this a good bit. I think you were sincere in posting it, and I applaud your openess to it all (despite your religion). Definitely a great thread, S&F coming your way.

I think of us more as the same energy expressing itself in different ways. I do believe we are one, but not on a level of taking out any sense of individuality. I've always preferred the idea that we can be a whole while maintaining separately unique bits of self. Great discussion going on, though. I won't even allow my typical snarkiness to come out. haha.

Lastly, this made me think of what Whitley Strieber recalled, I believe in Communion and again in Transformation. Whitley's son's time with the "visitors" had afforded him a few interesting remarks to his father. I'm not trying to turn this into an alien post; or gush over how spiritually significant both of those books were to me; but one thing his son was told by them seemed to stand out after reading this thread (of course, it has affixed itself within me, thread or not) and I thought I'd share it for those who hadn't had the chance to read the books. It is a very simple statement in regards to something very complex, regardless of your view:

"Reality is God's dream."

It'd take far too long to explain why, but I really like that. Cheers.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I liked the story it really makes sense to me in a lot of ways and regardless of what happens after we die, it's still a good way to look at and understand life at a whole.

I've been a very empathetic and compassionate person all of my life, and having OCD just sort of nips it in the buds a bit even more. I honestly do have certain moments where I feel like I'm within someone's mind and am looking through their eyes. It's very awe inspiring to feel the pain or happiness of another, unfortunately it seems that it's more pain and suffering but I very much hope that to change, especially for myself.

Anyway, thanks for sharing

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Excellent story and message. You show a lot of depth for a child and I sincerely hope that you can hang on to it. Empathy will take you a long way in dealing with people and life. I wish you the best.
Seeashrink

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I wrote this same story when I was in college. Different words, but the same thing. If this sort of thought is new to you, then you shouldn't be voting in my country.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by zefiro

I feel sorry for you.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join