It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I'm Here at ATS and What Led Me Here.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

In 1975 while relating this story to a whacked out Vietnam Vet I knew who called himself 45 (we called him “Agent Orange”) he told me he had been a truck driver hauling classified cargo after returning from the war. He had made a delivery to our smaller, second ranch. I know he was truthful because he was able to describe it to me perfectly. A stroke of fate I guess.

He told me he drove down the dirt road and up the side of the mesa to the farmhouse I described earlier. He said his load always had seals placed on the doors when he hooked the trailer up to his rig and he never knew what he was hauling. He said they took him inside the house, which he said had fake windows. From the outside he said it looked like windows with curtains but inside it was plain rooms with no windows. They brought him a meal and locked him in a room.
He said a while later they came and got him. His rig had been turned around and the trailer was empty. He said he saw tracks in the soft road leading up to the side of mesa and a second set exiting but could not make out how they got inside. Sorry for the diversion, but thought you might find it interesting.

Interesting story OP, this part of the story that I have quoted here is very familiar to me, I have hundreds of books on this subject and cannot remember where I read it or which book now but can tell you I have heard this before, the difference is that in the story I read it mentioned that inside the building with fake windows was an elevator going underground to a secret facility, I am going from memory here but think about six levels.

If I ever remember where I read it, sometimes these things come back to me when I least expect it, I will post it here.

edit on 8-10-2010 by Aquarius1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

Connecting the dots between my Parents asking me to read Interrupted Journey and the story I was later told, I don't know if an Abduction was part of it or not. I kind of think had my Mother known she would have mentioned that part. I think all she had to tell is what she told me.

I'll be honest, I remain skeptical of the numbers of Abduction stories and think many are false memories or outward signs of disorders or just to seek attention. Now and then though, I run into a rational person who talks about it matter of factly like you and that gets my attention and I know it's related somehow to my Parents story. Just leads to more questions though. UFO, visitor from time?

It certainly is different when you lay it out. I know this post could ring a bell with somebody that would lead to identifying me personally, but I'm not really that freaked by that. I don't have much paranoia about that.

Still, today after all these years I can't connect my Parents and their personalities to the story I was told.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by witness63

Perhaps its harder for us to love our country as they did as we've grown without knowing the sacrifice and hard work they went through.

I still consider this the best place on Earth for me and a place that could still have a bright future. We may need some hard times just to wake us up to what a wonderful world we live in now. I had the luxury of excellent role models and good Parents who had the foresight to see I understood how hard the world is.

I thank God my Father made me work in our Orchards and help with the Farming starting at a young age. He made sure I was rewarded and understood where the things we had came from. My pay was always any fruit or vegetables we did not need, which I sold to neighbors and fruit stands. I never really knew we were poor as we had our needs met. We had a TV, a Truck, enough land to feed us and a few other families. We had a basement full of stored food, tools and the knowledge to use them to build things we needed. Now I think, people have too much, expect too much, demand too much and think they are owed these things. It never occurs to them the sacrifice that it took to give them this luxurious lifestyle that much of the world still does not know.

We talk about how great China is doing and how they are taking over, but are they doing well? Half the population live on $2 a day. They have to speak in whispers behind closed doors. Their sky's are filling with smoke and their waters are becoming polluted beyond anything we've ever seen here. We need to not forget that this easy life we have is an illusion created on the backs of sacrifices made by previous generations.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Zorgon you kinda got it, they are doing what needs to be done, they are mis-understood because through the generations wrongs that were taught were passed down from generation to generation.

If people really knew either they wouldn't believe it or they would deny it because they wouldn't like it..... that's the way it works.

You know people don't listen or read things most of the time they are to busy trying to get their point across. This thread has been kind of nice because everyone has been civil and that's been a nice thing for once.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I've always found the common account of the "blue mist or light" to be a unifying thing that adds credibility to accounts as it is described so often. I'm even more so fascinated by it as it also comes up in many Religious accounts.

Once while working on the construction of a Trona Mining facility near Little America, Wyoming, I witnessed a corona on a high voltage line. It was a blue ball of energy that traveled down the power line hovering a few feet above it. Again the blue, clearly connected to an energy source. Because of my profession at the time, I knew what it was but have often wondered what somebody who did not would have thought they saw. A blue ball of light, traveling at high speed in a straight line?

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by van001

I've been here since 2004. I posted about a sighting of what I think was an experimental military craft and it got no interest back then.

This place is still the best available too share. No site is perfect, but this is still the best. I've learned to just be more selective in what I read. We determine what this place is like as a collective.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
One of the things that got me started here is exactly stories like that of stuff being in the desert but no one can see it... I have heard so many stories of things like vehicles going nowhere and even runways that had a retractable cover A simple net with plants on it that was pulled back when a plane lands.

In that pursuit ran into a Nevada building inspector... he confirmed that runway was there, because he was the one who inspected the concrete..

Another one is the Underwater sub base in Hawthorne... well I found the unit really is out there by seeing a pollution control report and the unit won 1st place float in a veteran's day parade

Thing is you don't even need fancy holograms to hide stuff in the desert All you need is a fence and this

Unless you can get close to it you will never see it

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by time91

Sorry I misunderstood.

Germans, like the Japanese were often treated badly and taken advantage of then. Lot's of fear and mistrust. Even though my family had been citizens since the middle of the 1800's, just having an obvious German name was enough. That's why my Grandmother chose to have our last name changed during WW2. I understand many Germans in Europe changed their names to similar English names just as she did.

I don't harbor resentment for things that happened in a different time, to another generation. I like to look forward and not back. Anything done to us back then has no bearing on now other than as a lesson we should not forget.

My Great Grandparents arrived wealthy and died paupers.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by the_raven_mind_body_soul

I had family that lived and worked at Dougway and we visited them now and then. As a kid it always seemed strange going through a guard gate just to visit. I remember the scare when the gas leaked and the sheep died.

Some great Geodes in that are also

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

Actually, it seems to me it is you who are struggling with yourself. You mention a classic sighting one moment and then discount it the next.

I'm sorry to say there was no sign of insanity or mental disorders in my Parents and I don't believe I'm suffering from any.

As to the way I told this, I just decided, opened Word and typed it out all at once, how I remembered it.

You sound angry at your own memory?

If you read through, you know that the Time Traveler idea also has merit with me. I even suggested the memory lapses may be a means of avoiding interfering with time.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Thanks so much and I'm glad others are getting something from this. The reception is far better than I imagined.

One goal was to not inject anything other than just the facts to begin with. I still have no answers but hope those will come with time if I live long enough.

Thanks again.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Amazing story! It has to be hard to live not knowing what happened. I often wonder what my Fathers thoughts were about his experience. He was such a no nonsense kind of guy. He never read fiction and did not really like me doing it. He never watched anything but news on TV. He was always reading to learn or building things. That's why when he handed me that book it was so strange.

Thank you for sharing and that must have been terrifying to experience and even harder to explain to others.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hayzues

Glad you joined and I'm humbled my thread led to that.

What a bizarre story. You definitely need to keep a camera in your pocket in case it happens again.

Do you think the multiple sightings were related to the location or you and your friend? Was there a pattern to where they showed up each time? Any government facilities near by?

Your view of the stars sounds like they appear when in a desert location completely away from light pollution.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salamandy
You people post longs posts. What the juice? Whens the invasion? Is this guy a nutjob or are we onto something, thanks

I'd watch out for "this guy", he may be dangerous! Sorry to hear you missed the invasion, it already happened and they left.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by theAymen

That is an odd one? You ever have an MD look at it to get their thoughts?

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

You are most welcome. I'm really enjoying this, but having trouble keeping up with it. I too am loving the stories and they are all sincere and unlike many I've seen on ATS. It's making me rethink my own skeptical nature. People will wonder what happened to me

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
reply to post by Salamandy

Even nutjobs can be onto something

Normalcy is the surest sign of insanity. A black and white world is to boring to even contemplate.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Thiaoouba Prophecy

Thanks for sharing!

Those orbs seem to be one of the most mentioned things seen. There also seems to be lots of reports around the Las Vegas area. I've ran into a few about Red Rock Canyon. When I visit Vegas I always take a drive out through the back-roads in that area hoping to see something. I usually go out to Rachel also. Never witnessed anything though.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by The Great Day

I often consider the connection to my Faith as well. I think more would if not for fear which I think is unfounded. The older I get the more I think the accounts here and places like this are akin to what we read in the Bible.

I've evolved past any doubts in regards to my Faith, but have no faith in all the various Denominations and the divisions they cause.

Surely us humans have been having these experiences all along and I can easily see a connection.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

That trip to Hawaii was in 1971 and into 1972 around the Holidays.

It would have occurred in about October or November of 71. I've looked often and never found a match beyond my friend relating to me what his employer had told him. I remember working out that it occurred at the same time. His Boss was stationed in Florida from what he said. I'd like to find something more.

My Brother In-Laws buddy worked at some major communications facility on Oahu. I don't know much more than that. He and my Sister sent my Mother and I tickets as a gift as knew how poor we were after my Fathers death. I missed a couple of months of school set up by my Mother as I did not deal well with my Fathers death and I think the trip was more about me than anything.

I got to know other Navy people who lived in the Base Housing. We were in a section where everyone there were Chief's my Brother In-Law being a Chief Warrant Officer. I hope I'm getting that right not knowing much about the military. One even let me use his Landcruiser the whole time I was there.

They were very open about stuff that I don't think they were really supposed to be talking about. I got tours of the Ships and had a pass they got for me as a family member. Surprisingly we would walk right past signs saying no camera's allowed with camera's hanging around our necks. He was on the a Ship Tender at the time.

One other interesting thing, not so out of the ordinary is that while spending a weekend at some beach cabins that Navy people could use, I saw a Harrier before they were general knowledge. There was a fence covered with vines that blocked our view inland. I walked over to it to try and see through the vines and watched a Harrier rise and hover and then land. I remember being scared I'd seen something I should not have and never mentioned it. I'm rambling again.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join