Why I'm Here at ATS and What Led Me Here.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
blaine, was there any freemasons in your family tree?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by colonelblake

Sorry, I have not been on much due to work.

No, no Free Masons I know of. One Uncle was a John Bircher and drove us all nuts with their stuff. Nice guy though.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hi, I just joied ats. A couple of months ago, I was awoken by cell phone ringing. I missed the call, but it said that I had a missed call from my home phone. No one was home and the number is not programmed into my home phone. Anyway, I asked someone from the paranormal category of experts.com and he believes, that it was a juxtoposition. Partial contact with another dimension. This was his exact answer:

"That my friend was rare indeed! You actually experienced a juxtaposition. You from another dimension partially getting in touch with you in this dimension. This happens on a more intangible level quite often. We think of it as deja vu, but the truth is that we exist in many dimensions at the same time. Your house is evidently on a power zone, or an energy surge went through it in order for that to occur. It is nothing to freak out about. In the future if this happens again contact me immediately. I'd like to know about the history of the house. Peace."

Ahura Z. Diliiza

Anyway, I don't buy it,but I also don't know anything about alternate dimensions or paralell universes. When I did a Google search I ran across ats, so that is my story. Have'nt found any explanation for the phone call yet.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by britt

Wow, odd story? Sorry I did not notice your post sooner. I'm not very good at keeping up with my threads.

My whole way of thinking on that kind of topic has changed a lot since reading more about Dimensions and Quantum Physics.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by britt
"That my friend was rare indeed! You actually experienced a juxtaposition. You from another dimension partially getting in touch with you in this dimension. This happens on a more intangible level quite often. We think of it as deja vu, but the truth is that we exist in many dimensions at the same time.

The same sort of concept can be found in talk of 'time lines' ATS has many such threads... really good stuff happens. but most don't tell of there experiences because people think them crazy.

I had planned a long thread on this time or dimensional shifting, but dang it, just haven't had time to put it together in my usual fashion

perhaps the confusion in the world today can be tied into crossing time lines or dimensional portals

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Wow, your family has been mixed up on the edge of some crazy stuff. How did you all stay out of the UFO cult machine?

I am a skeptic because I want to know the truth someday, not just get strung along by a belief. I don't need faith I want knowledge. At this point my intuition tells me that although alien visitation to this planet is possible there is no irrefutable proof of it yet, so the next best explanation for a lot of the very good and very tangible sightings are that they are ours and very, very secret. Probably pop them out of the pantry when they need to use the "UFO" craze to cover something else up, smoke and mirrors. "Hey, look at this shiny thing here while we do something naughty over there" kind of deal.

I have a buddy who saw a classic saucer craft back in the '70's here in Tennessee while walking to his bus stop in the morning. Yeah, he didn't go to school that day. He thinks his sighting was military as well. I think a lot of us have seen something we can't explain at some point in our lives, I know I have and still can't get to alien piloted craft yet. Gotta have that proof, its a damn curse. I think what is most important is how we react to our experiences and how we carry them with us through our lives, what we use them for.

I wish for that moment to look up and literally have to keep from pissing myself from what I am observing. I think if I saw something similar as you I would turn to stone, I would be so personally fulfilled that I would never speak about it again. Epiphany and personal revelation are good enough for me, but it would be nice to have another human standing next to me to get that eye to eye validation from as well... someday, someday...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Lost_Mind

Sorry, I have not checked this in a long time. Interesting question.

I cannot speak for my Parents although I think that I'm like them. Sometimes being honest with ourselves is the hardest of all. After seeing one of the saucers I'd been reading about up close and personal, my mind did not automatically go to Alien, but instead to is that some kind of experimental aircraft.

I suspect my Father who's attitudes most certainly formed mine, would have approached it the same way. First thought would have been military craft rather than alien craft until proven otherwise.

Where I'm at now is no further along than I was the hour after seeing a Saucer myself. I simply do not know what I saw. Could be ET, could be a test craft still being hidden from us. I cannot deny it and it was clearly a very large, intelligently controlled craft capable of hovering for an extended time and then traveling almost straight up and out of sight in seconds.

Even though due to my own experience I should be very open to others stories, I have the gut feeling most of the stories are just stories. Not all and there are those that I think are very real and also leave the same questions, was that something earthly or not.

I'm simply not the type to be anything but a skeptic searching for answers. I see the Skeptic as the only type than can get to the truth on most any issue. In the end, it will be the so called Skeptics who find the answers. Unconditional believers are actually a deterrent to truth.

I'm rambling again.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
In the end, it will be the so called Skeptics who find the answers. Unconditional believers are actually a deterrent to truth.

Puppy Poop... The Skeptics won't find the answers because they are too busy being skeptical of everything to take the time to actually dig for answers. The Unconditional believers also won't find truth because they will believe everything.

It is the ones who think outside the box and do the leg work, do the experiments that main stream science says is BS, that stumble on the answers. The Skeptics of the day almost killed Galileo... but finally admitted they were wrong and apologized... 600 years later. How many radical scientific ideas were discovered because someone didn't accept the norm and did the experiment? Same applies to UFO's. Skeptic just give their opinion why it can't be while believers give their opinion why it obviously is. In the end all we have is opinion

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hi Zorgon. Hope all is well with you.

Puppy Poop

Too much coffee today. Need a good argument to set things right? Me I'm home sick as a dog and am an easy target. So........................

Semantics games are just games. Skeptics question. In the end if proof comes forward, it will be from a skeptic. Being both a witness and a skeptic I find it easy to believe that.

Tell me, if you see an aircraft that looks out of the ordinary and you cannot explain it by something you have seen or know about, do you automatically believe it is Alien in origin? If not, you are a skeptic. Skeptics are willing to admit they don't know something and have the least personal baggage to cloud their thinking.

How could being anything other than a skeptic, be said to be the result of wisdom or critical thinking. Don't make me pull out my Occams Razor

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

The difference is a matter of degree,,, with skeptic on the far right and believer on the far left with analysts somewhere in the middle that study everything before making an opinion one way or the other.

A believer will state "its obviously an alien"
A skeptic will state "it can't be an alien that makes no sense... so prove it"
An analyst will say "hmmm lets have a closer look if it may or may not be an alien" and goes on to test it with research

Six years ago when I came to ATS I ran into John Lear. Most skeptics just dismiss everything he says as the ravings of a lunatic. And at first I too thought he was way out there. But instead of being skeptical, I examined it. And I found that a lot of what he says I could not only follow up on, I even found documents to support it. And since then the contacts I have gotten are amazing

As to Occam's Razor That old thing is dull... and most skeptics just toss it around as if they actually understand the concept. But see? Here again a simple bit of analytical research tells a different story and its even on wikipedia

The principle is often summarized as "simpler explanations are, other things being equal, generally better than more complex ones." In practice the principle is usually focused on shifting the burden of proof in discussions.That is, the razor is a principle that suggests we should tend towards simpler theories until we can trade some simplicity for increased explanatory power. Contrary to the popular summary, the simplest available theory is sometimes a less accurate explanation. Philosophers also add that the exact meaning of "simplest" can be nuanced in the first place.

en.wikipedia.org...

Contrary to the popular summary, the simplest available theory is sometimes a less accurate explanation

So toss that old rusty razor on the scrap heap... it just doesn't cut it anymore

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I know my humor is a bit dry and hard to spot at times, but

I was serious about the semantics game though, it's just another version of the old straw man argument.

I'll never buy that those who believe first and question later are taking a wise approach. Makes no sense.

I liked John and it's a shame he stopped posting (and yes I read every thread and every detail while it was going on) even though he is still a member here. I think his stuff is mostly transparent nonsense, but that does not matter. I don't dislike somebody because they believe something I don't. I enjoyed his dry wit that I think was lost on many. Cranky Old Fart would be a good description and it fits me well lately also.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
welcome to ats :-)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I have been here at ATS since 2004 and seen it go back and forth in good ways and not so good ways.

What I like about the internet is you can put info out and when it sounds nuts/crazy most will either ignore, insult and so on but the point is you can get it out there.

To be honest with you I still have a hard time knowing that all these decades (many peoples lifetime) have passed and this subject is still not moving forward why? because of the hoaxers.

For myself if you know of what I write then you know that I am a Human with an Alien Soul that they sent back here into Human form to help this Human Race when it is time and the time is sadly coming. Sadly your parents went through this with some type of an experience in their lives and always wondered but there was not help like there is now......... the internet has been very helpful but don't get me wrong it has always been a hinderance.

The Human Race has grown in ignorance because they trusted in the ones that Governed them and generation after generation passed down what they had been taught but is was lies really.

We do need a One World Government but not the One World Government the Leaders plan of greed and Power we need it run by our Family from the skies until "Human's get it" and evolve a wee bit kinda of like............ a small step for man one giant leap for mankind.

The change is coming but it won't be nice but if you use logic and commom sense many can survive.

I understand how your parents felt Blaine and it's time what they had to go through has to stop. We all need to work together to make the change we want for the peace, love, happiness health and yes even the wealth.

THEY WAIT FOR THE HUMAN RACE TO WAKE SPIRITUALLY and the Human Race will wake one way or the other.
edit on 4-12-2011 by observe50 because: Typo

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Sorry I missed this. I guess what you believe IS who you are. Whether you are as you say or not, I have no quarter with the idea we need a "spiritual" awakening of sorts.

Still it gets better as the generations go by. Change is always slow in coming it seems. Parents pass on their nature to their children as does everyone around us in society. Change on a global scale will span centuries rather than generations. As long as we manage to survive we will continue to progress. If we don't progress we cannot survive.

Let's hope we survive to see the time where hate is gone and we are not surrounded by evil people, who's only motivation is to bring harm to others or force their wants on them.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Hello

First, I hope you are still posting, as my interest in Green River is very personal. I returned there just this weekend and learned much more just from my own personal experience.

I wasn't quite able to read all of your responses due to the numerous conversations that ensued after your original post.

I came to Green River via marrying a local. He passed at a mid life age and I, for a variety of reasons, moved to a location not too close and not too far away.

I am so curious about your story and the particulars. I am familiar with much of the geography and would like to know where both your family ranches were. I'd like to know the family name and more circumstances, as my husbands family goes back generations there. One particularly not nice generational family is one of the main reasons I left.

I hope you are still here and will respond. I have great reason to research as much as possible, as I still have ties there.

Took night vision binocs out camping this weekend in GR and saw that many many presences were identifiable...and I had never seen anything like it before.

Blessings and peace to you...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I get the strange feeling there were more UFOs between 1945 and 1995 then after. I don't know why. Maybe it's because most of the books I've read were older. Or maybe it's just that I don't research it as much as I used to. Maybe it has something to do with the baby boomer generation.

I was born in 1977. Young or middle age; take your pick. I feel old though, often. I feel like I could blink my eyes and I'll be 55. I know that time flies. It's not a good feeling, but it's inevitable. That or I don't live to 55. But I think of all the people that live and die. It stretches your heart to its breaking point because humans are more than just half-remembered or mostly forgotten memories. But anyway, I'm looking at all this from the perspective of somebody that just turned 35.

Humans go back a couple million years according to science. Think about that. But the genetic lineage that led to us goes back further. There's so much history that gets all mixed up...

In HS I knew a teacher that told me he had seen a UFO when he was growing up and that it scared the sh** out of him. He always gave me the impression he knew more than he was saying.

He's dead now. There're many like him. In all walks of life, not just military.

Even my own grandpa said he saw a ufo. He's dead too.

Your thread just reminds me of how precious and momentary everything is.

There may or may not really be anything to all this. How do I know. Maybe us humans are inventing stories to make our lives more interesting. And we carry them with us like souvenirs.

Nonetheless, I've heard a couple stories. I don't believe anything with certainty.

I do know that science tells us there're 300+ sextillion stars in the observable universe. We may only be a fraction of the whole universe, they're not sure. If we don't know the actual size of the whole universe then how do we know the speed we're presently traveling. Anyway, there're 100+ billion galaxies in the observable universe. Some of them big, some of them small. It's estimated there're a couple billion earth-analogs in the milky way. There're supposed to be tens of billions of earth-like planets orbiting older, redder stars. Fossilized or traces of life might be found on asteroids, comets, moons, in the clouds of many of the planets, perhaps even in the clouds of gases in interstellar space. I read a article recently that there might be billions of drifting planets between the solar systems in our galaxy that might also carry traces of extinct or present life. When you count up all the asteroids and planets and comets and moons and even the clouds of gas you arrive at a startling number of potential sites where life might be found in our single galaxy. With billions of other galaxies in the observable universe, I have to believe things are out there. It's too silly to think we live in a sterile universe. If that were in fact the case, it's the best evidence there could be for a god.

The milky way is located in a local cluster of galaxies and is headed towards The Great Attractor, located 250 million light years away, a mass of galaxies and dark matter that contains the equivalent mass of many thousands of galaxies (as I understand). Yet this is just the beginning because we're in fact headed for something even larger that's 200 million light years further out. See, the more we learn the more we understand this universe is immense and we haven't even begun to grasp what it means. We've only sampled one other planet for life, and it was only one meager controversial experiment. We haven't sent a human past the moon. The international space station is the only real example of a off-planet colony and it's barely 300 miles from the surface of our planet. We've only just begun to reach for whatever is out there, like a toddler seeing things for the first time.

Some say there's going to be a technological singularity in hte next 50 years that will exponentially fuel our progress and send us to infinity. I don't believe it. When humans discovered oil in the 19th century and started drilling it to fuel society, they also thought that it would cure diseases and end hunger and give everyone a job and even save us from ourselves (if there's such a thing). Oil helped humanity on its journey, but oil was just the beginning. We've a long, long ways to go. There's no silver bullet to save us. If there's a technological singularity as is argued then perhaps it too is only just a beginning and once we cross the threshold we'll find that the road continues on into the distant horizon, and that problems, once thought overcome, reshape themselves into new ones.

We can hold each other's hands and appreciate what's around us. Everything. It's the best we can do because everything we have is going to be taken away from us. We're mortal living a universe determined to kill us with icy resolve. A universe that counts every marble and every drop and rise in pressure. We're destined to go back from where we came from, the mass of familiar particles surrounding us. We grew from a program called DNA that somehow fashioned itself from the particles and waves that constitute reality. We can't stop this from happening. But as already stated, we can appreciate the few moments given to us. How we appreciate them varies. We usually do it together.
edit on 1-7-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join