It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird msg going out over the radio on 105.9 WXRG (put on your gas mask)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Now listen carefully, I know none of you will, though, you all will still continue to post about this being a countdown to invasion or something.

The station has been bought out and is changing formats. By FCC rules, they must broadcast SOMETHING, or they will lose their license. I have heard this exact SAME countdown before, complete with the song lyric quotes. This is to fill the dead air while the station brings in new crew and changes format.

At the end of this countdown, the station will come back on the air, and will no longer be classic rock. It'll be talk or country.

Chill out.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
every 5th count their is a message ,every 5th message is a reference to a somthing that is going to happen

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by loki41872

Obvious disinfo agent is obvious.

Seriously though, lol at you for feeling the need to post that.

I think the majority of us were discussing this as interesting, not as a likely invasion scenario.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by loki41872
Now listen carefully, I know none of you will, though, you all will still continue to post about this being a countdown to invasion or something.

The station has been bought out and is changing formats. By FCC rules, they must broadcast SOMETHING, or they will lose their license. I have heard this exact SAME countdown before, complete with the song lyric quotes. This is to fill the dead air while the station brings in new crew and changes format.

At the end of this countdown, the station will come back on the air, and will no longer be classic rock. It'll be talk or country.

Chill out.

It might be for some, less so for others eh?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I don't know why, But I find it funny to listen to, its not as bad as listening to UVB-76 for hours at a time, at least you get a chuckle........

Vince

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
i think its hurricane tracking ?
second line

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

T-minus one daaaaaay you are such a buzz-kill Loki!

As far as any of us are concerned, this is a countdown for a Friday morning market crash. Or....Obama resigning or.......LHC opening up a worm hole.

Until further notice, you chill while we play name-your-doom

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Welcome to Stephen Hawkins radio!

blah,blah, 2nd line................

Vince

T- 1 dayyyyyyy.......................

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

T-minus one daaaaaay you are such a buzz-kill Loki!

As far as any of us are concerned, this is a countdown for a Friday morning market crash. Or....Obama resigning or.......LHC opening up a worm hole.

Until further notice, you chill while we play name-your-doom

LOL.....

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I hope that its worth the wait,
I don't even live in Mississippi so I'll never know the out come.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Yeah, this might be a publicity stunt. I heard of a station that played the same song for a couple days. People got worried and called the cops. They thought the DJ died.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
'please don't squeeze the Charmin'
'frankly, my dear, I don't give a darn'
'I'm going to be drinking doubles until I'm seeing quadruples'

Why oh why can't I stop listening to this! I'm going to hear t minus one daaaaayyyyy in my sleep!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I about fell over laughing when I heard it say "I am what I am and thats all that I am", not that the phrase is funny, just the way the robot vioce says it.

So far,I've heard..........
Thats the news and I'm out of here
Did you here about the mechanic how bought a hospital? You take your wife in and they give you a loaner
as you wish
Count down with me

Anyone want to guess what it would say next, or maybe what you would think would be funny to hear the voice say.
Vince

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I wish he would say 'we are not the same I am a martian' not sure why but I think it would be hilarious!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
www.sunherald.com...

Listeners who have tuned in to WHGO 105.9-FM, a classic-rock radio station, in the past few days have heard a voice counting down the days, minutes and seconds instead of the music they were expecting. A representative who answered the telephone at the Mississippi Media office said the countdown is marking the time until the radio station, which has been down for maintenance, will go back on the air — Friday at 3 p.m.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Gorilla marketing...........
Radio station format change in progress.........
Rush Limbaugh live starting Friday..........
or the world is about to end, you chose..........
either way this is not good.

PS I just gave curlygirl (see above) her first star.......and I think she liked it.
edit on 7-10-2010 by deepred because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by deepred

Thanks for the star!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
their marketing gimmic worked ...reeled in a bunch of Rubes who are now talking about.

rarely does a terrestrial radio station have a good promotional gimmick, good for them.. because that industry is dying a very quick death.

Internet and satellite radio are killing them. At least it got a few gullible rubes talking about it.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
This is definitely them formatting to a new station. One radio station here in Memphis played "Wild Thang" by Tone Loc for three days straight.. while they were setting up for a new station. I will say this is the most original formatting stream i have ever heard.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Quoting versuses from songs and movie lines on the air while nothing is playing. Sounds like it is a format change to me. I don't think that a privately owned radio station would be broadcasting instructions for a false flag operation. I mean, the government would most likely want to broadcast instructions for one over the military frequencies. It has got to be a teaser to go along with a change in format more than anything else. Over the years, radio stations have been known to do this whenever they want to advertise to the public of a coming change in the station format.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join