It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird msg going out over the radio on 105.9 WXRG (put on your gas mask)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowfoot

Seriously FOLKS...is this really on the 8th page? its radio reformatting aaaaarg

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
so it is a countdown for a maintenance on their antenna ?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This is a format change / change of ownership of the radio station. As soon as I played the link to listen live it was pure deja vu for me. Out here in Portland, OR a radio station, KUFO, did the EXACT SAME THING.
THe new owners MUST be Alpha Broadcasting.
Here are two links for the record books.
blogs.wweek.com...
answers.yahoo.com...

As I said, as soon as I turned on the live link to listen it was the same thing I heard for days straight. Nothing to worry about, unless of course you work for the radio station.....

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by hellspark

Yes , this is nothing more than a reformat...lol

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
this is hilarious.....its a radio format change...

"i'm blowing up like ya thought i would"

song quotes, movie quotes and commercials

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
How is this any different than the Alien Invasion we had back in 1938?

Remember the whole War of the World's hoax?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
"Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously, and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light."

It just referenced Ghostbusters.

Sweet!

- Lee

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Sounds to me like they are going to launch a new station format or maybe possibly the beginning of a new station or even a contest. I can remember one year a station in my area played "Livin on tulsa time" for many days while they switched broadcast format and if you were the first one to call in when they played the first song other than "livin on tulsa time" you won a few thousand dollars. I didnt win. But it wouldnt suprise me at all if thats what the station is doing or something like it. No conspiracy here folks move along.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Should I be just a wee bit embarrased? At first, last night this did kind of freak me out, got my nerves jumping for a little while, I think it was the gas mask thing, but then, I after about an hour, realized from member posts what it really was.

I just think it would make a really scary short story along the lines of Orson Wells...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

Put some info and links up to that affect, you may be on to something!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WorstCaseScenario

I hope your right about it being a format change, because the bomb threat came before the station started counting down. I haven't heard every quote but alot of them tie directly to the area or the Oil Refinery. I have been through alot of fires and explosions with this Oil Refinery due to the fact that my husband has worked there 21 years and he has never not wanted to talk about the situations. I have never seen him so tired or stressed as he was when he got home this morning. I decided to not approach the subject and let him get some rest. Something I almost never due since I am such a "drama Queen". I hope i'm being overly dramatic about this because if it's not a joke or a format change, there's alot of people in harms way. If it is a joke then I hope they catch the SOB and beat the S out of him.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sha04

Seriously, Q101.1 in Portland Oregon did this same thing last summer before changing the programming and hiring all new DJs. Its the marketing ploy of whatever company owns these stations.

I can appreciate your concerns but this exact same message type was used here in Oregon last year

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hellspark

It's just a countdown for a coming format change this weekend. I just got onto their website, not only is it a format change, but they have also changed their call letters fro WXRG to WHGO. Plus, the station could be under new ownership and that is the reason for the change.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowfoot

Would you be so sure and calm about this if you lived 20 minutes away from this Oil Refinery and half your family was employed there.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Nothing to worry about, it's just them advertising about a new format basically.

You can all relax,
Some people will find something horrible and nervewrecking in Anything these days.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sha04
reply to post by WorstCaseScenario

I hope your right about it being a format change, because the bomb threat came before the station started counting down. I haven't heard every quote but alot of them tie directly to the area or the Oil Refinery. I have been through alot of fires and explosions with this Oil Refinery due to the fact that my husband has worked there 21 years and he has never not wanted to talk about the situations. I have never seen him so tired or stressed as he was when he got home this morning. I decided to not approach the subject and let him get some rest. Something I almost never due since I am such a "drama Queen". I hope i'm being overly dramatic about this because if it's not a joke or a format change, there's alot of people in harms way. If it is a joke then I hope they catch the SOB and beat the S out of him.

See, told you he'd be alright. Now when he wakes up you can ask him if heard anything about the bomb threat and let us know eh?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Nothing to worry about, it's just them advertising about a new format basically.

You can all relax,
Some people will find something horrible and nervewrecking in Anything these days.

We all know this. It's been said early on in the thread.
We're just commenting on the weirdness of the comments.

Or at least, I am.

- Lee
edit on 7-10-2010 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The voice just said: "This message originates from 30.3N 89.0W" Anyone know where this is?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

It's in the Gulf of Mexico, just off the coast about halfway between Biloxi and Gulfport, Mississippi.

To see exactly where, you can just search Google Maps for 30.3N 89.0W

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
"Don't head for the hills. You'll be missing something brand new on your radio dial. Stay tuned."

"This spot will be your new favorite place on the radio dial. Stay tuned."

"In 24 hours, one minute, 50 seconds, your ears will be happy and my throat will be sore."

"I am cranky, hungry, and tired of counting. When I finish this countdown, it will be the beginning of something new for the Gulf Coast."

Yup, sounds like they are formatting for a new radio.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join