It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pedophiles - 'Brand' them like the animals they are

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I dig the branding idea personally, but then again a lot of people think I'm an #hole.

The big problem with the branding of "sex offenders" is this:
I have a friend who is a registered "sex offender". Hear me out.
His "sex crime"? Urinating in public.... Yeah, you know how he got caught and charged for this? He was speeding because he had to take a leak. He got pulled over. He told the cop why he was speeding. The cop kept him on the side of the road for over 20 minutes forcing him to "hold it". Finally, when he couldn't take it anymore, he got out of his car and peed on his tire. Apparently, indecent exposure is similar enough to child molestation that they will put these cases into the same category and label them accordingly.
Let's just make sure that we draw some lines here before we start heating up the iron eh? lol

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PriamsPride
these kinds of situations are major learning experiences for those involved: both victim and victimizer.

What a sick bastard one would have to be to use this perverted notion as a way to excuse paedophilia ...

Pinke already pointed out that recidivism is not as high as you all are making it out to be.

Pinke was off-topic, trying to hide the vicious reoffending rates of child-rapists under the completely different statistics on recidivism of paedophiles.

I'm guessing you represent the same organisation that wants to disguise the fact that over half convicted paedophiles are convicted for reoffending.
And that's only the ones that get caught!

Got any more lies from the paedophile protection, education and promotion site?

So the only real benefit to this kind of punishment is to satisfy the victimizing desires of the victims.

Now you demonise the victims of these perverts, calling them victimisers. barf:

True forgiveness is far more satisfying than revenge.

How dare you defend baby-rapists by telling the victims it's nicer to forgive and forget, while the perverts go on raping more children?

Pedophiles are human beings, too -- despite the names that you call them. And these people experience as much pain as they inflict upon their victims.

Oh, the poor little paedophiles ...who have been raping babies and children, ruining their lives forever ... Let's bring out the violins.

so repression can lead to molestation. It's cause and effect, really.

Oh I see. Yes, legalising paedophilia would stop the crime of paedophilia. . . .

edit on 7/10/10 by Kailassa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

I'm guessing you represent the same organisation that wants to disguise the fact that over half convicted paedophiles are convicted for reoffending.

Got source?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Pedophilia is perpetrated by minors as well as adults. I would classify HAZING in high school locker rooms as a form of rape. It is the rape of innocence, and loss of mental virginity. Shoving things up a young mans a-hole is rape. Making him eat feces or pissing in his face is rape. Ejaculating onto him or pretending to is rape. Same applies to the foul things girls do to each other.

The whole of society has a huge problem with licentious and lascivious behaviors. Americans have a vernacular problem as well, with every other word in a sentence being "MF" that or "F' this. Decency and decorum in public is gone. Deluded young men who think they are gang bangers, or rapper wannabe's, strut around with their baggy pants hanging down to their knees, letting everyone see their under wear...as a sign of what? Stupidity? Ignorance?
Or is it a sign of; screw everyone and public morality! I think it is.

So, if your going to start somewhere, then start with the young miscreants at 16 years of age. All adults caught and prosecuted for any type of sexual assault against a minor, they go to the gulag, for life. A nice big five inch high "P" branded onto their face cheek, along with a permanent ID number tattoo on the inside of their lower lip. Ship all of their rotten asses off to a high security concentration camp, where they remain until they drop from severe hard labors. Society does not need them, and won't miss them.

Oh yeah, screw their civil liberties and rights...they forfeit them all. Of course we could just lynch the SOB's and be done with it. Gives the crows some nice tender carrion to eat!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Originally posted by TheNewKid
After reading this thread I've been trying very hard to understand the mentality of a paedophile, what drives them towards this sort of, i guess obsession?

The key thing here is punishing aggression and coercion.
What people do voluntarily between themselves is none of the State's business - it is only when coercive force is used that an outside agency should step in to remedy the situation.

Typical Nambla policy -
- trying to convince us paedophilia is fine in you can't prove "aggression and coercion".

Yay, up with allowing paedophilia if it's voluntary . .

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Confused and Dazed!

So what about the people who are falsly convicted (yes it does happen). They now have a brand on their cheek, a tattoo on their lip and the psychological damage to go along with that. Being imprisoned is one thing, that can be fixed with a good investigation, financial compensation and councilling. A large brand is hard to remove, it can be disguised but the damage to someones body and mind would be horrific.

But i guess the occasional innocent being branded doesn't matter huh, yeah haha who cares as long as we get some vengeance on people who do abuse kids! The occasional innocent just needs to suck it up!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick

Non-pedophilic Child Molesters

That was an interesting phrase...

You're calling me out over a phrase that was not even in my post?

I've long regarded you as a mere troll, now you have further reinforced that.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Brass tacks: not even the safety of children takes precedence over...

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
-8th Amendment US Constitution

The US Constitution.

I swear, some people would voluntarily have their eyeballs removed if someone told them it would keep some kids safe.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Confused and Dazed!
Pedophilia is perpetrated by minors as well as adults. I would classify HAZING in high school locker rooms as a form of rape. It is the rape of innocence, and loss of mental virginity. Shoving things up a young mans a-hole is rape. Making him eat feces or pissing in his face is rape. Ejaculating onto him or pretending to is rape. Same applies to the foul things girls do to each other.

The whole of society has a huge problem with licentious and lascivious behaviors. Americans have a vernacular problem as well, with every other word in a sentence being "MF" that or "F' this. Decency and decorum in public is gone. Deluded young men who think they are gang bangers, or rapper wannabe's, strut around with their baggy pants hanging down to their knees, letting everyone see their under wear...as a sign of what? Stupidity? Ignorance?
Or is it a sign of; screw everyone and public morality! I think it is.

So, if your going to start somewhere, then start with the young miscreants at 16 years of age. All adults caught and prosecuted for any type of sexual assault against a minor, they go to the gulag, for life. A nice big five inch high "P" branded onto their face cheek, along with a permanent ID number tattoo on the inside of their lower lip. Ship all of their rotten asses off to a high security concentration camp, where they remain until they drop from severe hard labors. Society does not need them, and won't miss them.

Oh yeah, screw their civil liberties and rights...they forfeit them all. Of course we could just lynch the SOB's and be done with it. Gives the crows some nice tender carrion to eat!

If you dont like this behavior make sure your children are taught otherwise. Laws will not help us. We make our own beds...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I would wholeheartedly agree... except that sometimes an 18 year old guy with a 16 year old girlfriend is technically a pedophile. To be consistent and fair you would have to brand him too.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I know these type of threads make for long post counts. Must be fun to discuss. But really, why are some people so concerned about crimes of sex? Who cares this much? Seems like everyday people get off on discussing acts of pedophilia. Ok fine, but leave the teenagers sex lives alone. Who says sex has to involve emotions at all? Get over yourselves people.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobbinHood
I would wholeheartedly agree... except that sometimes an 18 year old guy with a 16 year old girlfriend is technically a pedophile. To be consistent and fair you would have to brand him too.

My point exactly. Why people delve into the sex life of a 14 year old, no matter who the partner, is beyond me. So, a 50 year old hits on a 14 year old. In my book that's wrong so I teach my children that principle. If they still want to go for it with the 50 year old, than Ive failed. Is the 50 year old creepy, in my book, yes. But I dont need to have him thrown in jail to make me feel better about myself. Get over it, people have sex and its non of anyones business. Who are the sickos?? geez

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Still no source?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

Still no source?

FACTS ABOUT ADULT SEX OFFENDERS
pedophiles who molest boys, and rapists of adult women, were the types of offenders most likely to recidivate at rates of 52% and 39% respectively. Repeat offenders are more likely to reoffend than first-time offenders. Those who comply with probation and treatment have lower reoffense rates that those who violate the conditions of their release. Sex offenders who target strangers are more dangerous than those with victims inside their own family

It is also important to recognize that official recidivism statistics are always lower than actual reoffense rates, because some sex offenders commit many sex crimes that go unreported and undetected. It is estimated that less than 10% of all sex crimes result in a criminal conviction. This means that there are many sex offenders in our communities who have not yet been identified.

FACTS ABOUT . . . Pedophiles
Predatory pedophiles, especially those who molest boys, are the sex offenders who have the highest recidivism rates. Over long follow-up periods, more than half of convicted pedophiles are rearrested for a new offense.

Recidivism of Sex Offenders
# Studies show different base rates for different types of sex offenses. For example, child molesters have a higher rate of rearrest than rapists (52% versus 39 percent when tracked over 25 years).

Recidivism of Sex Offenders, full report & Statistics
They found that the number of subsequent sex offenses revealed through unofficial sources was 2.4 times higher than the number that was recorded in official reports. In addition, research using information generated through polygraph examinations on a sample of imprisoned sex offenders with fewer than two known victims (on average), found that these offenders actually had an average of 110 victims and 318 offenses. Another polygraph study found a sample of imprisoned sex offenders to have extensive criminal histories, committing sex crimes for an average of 16 years before being caught.

The researchers concluded that sex offenders are:
"…at most risk of reoffending when they become sexually preoccupied, have access to victims, fail to acknowledge their recidivism risk, and show sharp mood increases, particularly anger."

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Pinke already pointed out that recidivism is not as high as you all are making it out to be.

Pinke was off-topic, trying to hide the vicious reoffending rates of child-rapists under the completely different statistics on recidivism of paedophiles.

Bureau of Justice Statistics published a study which tracked 9,700 sex offenders for three years, 2001-2004:
* Only 5.3% of these people imprisoned for sex crimes were rearrested for a subsequent sex offense.
* Where a child was involved, the rearrest rate dropped to 3.3%.

2004 by office of Canada's Solicitor General, Karl Hanson:

* The recidivism rate for once-caught pedophiles was 12.7%.
* The overall once caught recidivism rate (includes adult victims) was 13.7%.
* Approximately 4,300 child molesters were released from prisons in 15 States in 1994. An estimated 3.3% of these 4,300 were rearrested for another sex crime against a child within 3 years of release from prison.
* Among child molesters released from prison in 1994, 60% had been in prison for molesting a child 13 years old or younger.

Some of the stats I provided in italics above.

Seriously, some of you people are seriously ill. Do you realise how serious it is accusing someone of being a defender of child molesters? Do you realise how out of line you are?

Just because someone provides a segment of reality that disagrees with you that doesn't make them some member of NAMBLA. If you can find stats which disagree with the ones I've looked at in any great number I'll be shocked and freaking stunned. I'm not above being proven wrong. As far as I know average over all recividism is somewhere between 8 - 15% in most places.

But honestly, the whole 'for or against' us crap has to stop in this thread. You can still have your punishment approach but don't pretend like it's backed up by piles of stats unless you can provide them. Deny ignorance.

Seriously some of the 'tactics' persons have used here have been akin to facism.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
These people are sick. There is something cross wired in their brains to where they find children sexy.

BUT..... The way I see it we have a lot of people like that in this world.

Nature dictates that sex should be between a female and a male of a species, so Homosexuals are in the same boat as a pedophile I reckon.

It's "sick and wrong" to be sexually turned on by a member of your species because their younger than you are, but it is acceptable to be turned on by a member of your own sex.

If your going to brand a person for being a pedophile then we better brand homosexuals, rapists, murderers,
thieves, liars, ect....ect...

At least that way when we walk down the street we will know what kind of people we are passing.

An interesting thought..........

What brand would be on your forehead?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Lets also cut the hands off those found guilty of stealing while we are at it. We could publicly flog those found guilty of slander and while we are at it we could stone to death those found guilty of adultery. Maybe then your bloodlust for barbaric punishment would be satisfied.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Pedo's do murder. Am I missing something in your post?
What does that mean?

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Pedo's do murder

Are you saying, that ANYONE can Commit a Murder....

OR

Are you saying that PEDOPHILIA MEANS MURDER?

-Edrick (I have a Dictionary)
edit on 8-10-2010 by Edrick because: It Doesn't

edit on 8-10-2010 by Edrick because: Who is Onision?

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join